OnePlus One would you buy again?

1. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Nov 21, 2014

TakeMyMoney , Nov 21, 2014 :
    I hate myself for admitting it, but yes, I would try it again.

Hating myself for it because it is against better judgement.

2. ZakariyyaaR
    Eclair Nov 21, 2014

ZakariyyaaR , Nov 21, 2014 :
    No, I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I meant to say, I'm not going to bash you for saying your opinion against this beauty. I can't think of a better phone to rely on than an iPhone. Consistent, optimised, reliable. Perfect for a daily driver. It's simple and does the job.

From what I've read, heard and seen, every device is either a hit or miss. I'm sorry that both yours turned out to be shitty. I'm a droid enthusiast so I wouldn't touch an iPhone but then again my job doesn't depend on my phone as long as I can call and view emails. I guess it's for those who like to live dangerously. (; thanks for your experience though. Hope you recover your losses in the near future.

3. jacobmanh
    Donut Nov 21, 2014

jacobmanh , Nov 21, 2014 :
    I had a nexus 4 dinner nexus 5 now
    I'm buying this phone I will miss make you a charging

4. racerx67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2014

racerx67 , Nov 21, 2014 :
    No Problem but I do get you with the basher comment as some do seem to be over the top in their reaction against One Plus... BUT then many of them do have good reason too. Regardless of price you have to look at the advertising and their claims and expect them to live up to that.

Flagship killer?
    What makes a flagship killer??
    (just my opinion)
    1. Top quality components
    2. Great specs
    3. Highest levels of quality control
    4. Selecting components that are not only high spec but compliment each other to create the best package.
    5. High levels of customer support.
    6. Stable operating system which has fully tested updates and has a minimum of bugs as no OS is perfect but it needs to be better than we have now with little or no need for those who do not like to or want to flash roms or need to invalidate warranties to get the phone they want. (One Plus has currently has 1164 issues open with only 115 issues ever resolved!). Read the One Plus T&C's and flashing a ROM does invalidate the warranty if One Plus decide it has you can flash official roms but if One Plus feel it was done incorrectly or just want to say no they can so the only sure way to not invalidate it is to not change roms..
    7. Prompt resolution to issues and good communication with customers via social media with updates when issues arise.
    8. Fast and easy repair and warranty replacement services.
    A Flagship killer is not just the device it is the whole package. Sadly One plus only has 1 possibly 2 out of the 8 I listed I can be sure of as I am not sure the quality of the components used are A grade parts . So I would have to say 2 and 4 are the closest to what would make a Flagship Killer..

One Plus could be a good phone if not great. The company cut too many corners and have cut spending to the bone so the issues we see are not like bend gate where one issue can effect all phones it is to inconsistent and with 1164 issues it shows zero quality control, cost cutting and variable quality of components. Sorry if that sounds harsh but the facts are there and there is no simple fix like making the case stronger for Apple it has too many issues which affect too many phones in very different ways. It just shows a substandard manufacturing and cost cutting.

Here just to show you an example.... Cyanogen have details and numbers of issues they are resolving for the OPPO N1
    https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CMN

1 issue with 14 closed

One Plus???
    https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON

5. Adapting

6. ardicli2000
    Froyo Nov 21, 2014

bjallen13 likes this.
  7. Judithisbored
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2014

Judithisbored , Nov 21, 2014 :
    I would. I've switched from a galaxy S2 to the opo (quite a big step, if I'm being honest) but I loved it so far (I have it a week now). Yes, it's big, but I got used to it and the features you get along with it are awesome! (+ the price was relatively cheap, which was nice too haha).

- I'm Dutch and don't have autocorrect atm so I'm sorry for any mistakes in this post haha -

venkat.achanta and bjallen13 like this.
  8. netspionage
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2014

netspionage , Nov 21, 2014 :
    In a New York Minute.

~JMB

9. maxpetitto
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2014

10. Clintre
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2014

Clintre , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Yep, I would buy this phone again. Have not had any of the major problems. Had a few minor ones, early on.

Been a solid phone with really good performance, looks great, and a great price.

Coming from the Samsung S4, I really enjoy not having all of the bloat.

venkat.achanta likes this.
  11. limbopope

limbopope , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Hmm 33%NO 66%YES

Mine was defective...random reboots...
    2 I got for friends were perfect T_T

12. ytreddy
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

ytreddy , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Yes I would...anytime...Just imagine its still less than half the cost what N6 costs, with the features it has

13. Josekage
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

14. Woesel
    Eclair Nov 21, 2014

Woesel , Nov 21, 2014 :
    yes for sure great battery life and its realy fast good camera (never want back to iphone 5 ) and CyanogenMod :D

15. Dzumar1
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

Dzumar1 , Nov 21, 2014 :
    I own two. Excellent phone. Absolutely stable (11.0-XNPH44S). Fast. Great display.

bjallen13 likes this.
  16. Deanl
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2014

Deanl , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Yes!
    Do you have an invitation to send me? Please

17. mwm341
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

mwm341 , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Hell yes! I'd buy another one. Twice - but one would have to have the bamboo back.

18. fragzzone
    Froyo Nov 21, 2014

19. shastada

shastada , Nov 21, 2014 :
    No, not unless they get a real company built out that cares and supports their customers.

20. rguarascia
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2014

rguarascia , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Most useful reply I have ever seen... Can you give some information instead of just stating a personal fact? If you are not going to help or contribute, sh.

elshaman likes this.