OnePlus One’s Are Starting To Arrive In The U.S. Without Cyanogen Branding

1. snoper
    Froyo Jan 29, 2015

snoper , Jan 29, 2015 :
    http://androidheadlines.com/page/2
    Looks Like OnePlus One’s Are Starting To Arrive In The U.S. Without Cyanogen Branding
    Published on January 27, 2015 by John Anon
    When OnePlus launched their flagship device the OnePlus One back in the early part of last summer, one of the big selling points of the device was that it came with Cyanogen’s take on the android operating system. At the time, this was known as a variant of CyanogenMod 11 (CM11s), although over time this has morphed into what we now know as Cyanogen OS, a commercial sister version of the community-based CyanogenMod.

At first, the relationship was a fruitful one and seemed to benefit both companies. However, at some point it seems tensions started to build and as we all now know, those tensions came to a head towards the end of last year, when a fallout between the two companies became public knowledge. Since then, it has seemed like the two were never going to be able to move forward and get back on track again. Members of both parties have since came out publicly, stating that the whole Indian issue was unfortunate, but the news on the future of the two had been quiet since.

Well, if you were hoping for a rekindling, it seems the latest news is suggesting that is unlikely to happen. Very early reports from new owners in the US, are starting to reveal that their newly purchased OnePlus One’s are coming without the infamous Cyanogen logo on the back. When the whole India issue came to a head, Cyanogen were informed that they could no longer ship units to India, branded with Cyanogen until Micromax (the crux of the India issue) had released their device. However, there has and was never an issue with shipping units to other countries, with Cyanogen branding on the rear. Well, as you can see from these images, it does look like either OnePlus have decided to remove all branding for all regions or Cyanogen have asked OnePlus to remove all branding. Either way, this does look like the latest confirmation, that the two are drifting further apart. The user in question (source link below) noted on Google+ that the device shown in the image above only arrived today and has a build date of January 10th. In the image below, the same user compares the newly arrived OnePlus One with another that was purchased at the end of last year. OP-No-CM1.jpg

2. hayes
    Honeycomb Jan 29, 2015

hayes , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Guess it makes my first-gen CM-branded OPO that much more exclusive. /hipster

Garywehrle, STRichard, Dral and 23 others like this.
  3. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Jan 29, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Lol, that's what I was thinking. Count me in bro!

4. vdd65
    Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2015

Garywehrle, manny07 and rayandreas like this.
  5. Dave1482
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2015

Dave1482 , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Hooray I got the one with the logo on it!

Garywehrle, Axara, lh1971 and 2 others like this.
  6. oneplusoneinvite32
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2015

7. Montucky

Montucky , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Looks like the India/Chinese version on the right. So much speculation that the photo does me no good.

Ceasedd likes this.
  8. daracsy
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2015

daracsy , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Did anyone on this thread get one in the US without the branding? Has it been confirmed or can it? I've heard of people buying the Chinese versions vs the international versions via 3rd parties, resellers. Just curious.

Montucky likes this.
  9. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Jan 29, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Jan 29, 2015 :
    No its the US model. They just aren't including the Cyanogen Logo since they are moving to their own ROM.

10. GhostWolf
    Donut Jan 29, 2015

GhostWolf , Jan 29, 2015 :
    :( Well that sucks I used their rom way back on the original Motorola droid. was looking foward to getting one with the branding lol. Oh well at this point phones a phone, besides. never see it with the case i purchased for it.

daracsy likes this.
  11. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2015

p51d007, hasienda and rayandreas like this.
  12. nhamano
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2015

nhamano , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I just received my One Plus One phone last week. And its has the cyanogen branding on the back cover.

STRichard, Montucky and rayandreas like this.
  13. alexlam24

alexlam24 , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Anddd clickbait.... The reason why some OPO's don't have the CM branding is because they were phones originally made for India, but then got diverted to the original shipping countries.

Montucky likes this.
  14. gmo8492
    Lollipop Jan 29, 2015

Montucky likes this.
  15. Radeon962
    KitKat Jan 29, 2015

Radeon962 , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I can't imagine OnePlus being able to manage and update their own OS on their own. Can you say Beta testing again.

Just use Oppo's Color OS and be done with it. The phone is so similar to the Oppo Find 7 it would probably have been a better choice to go with their OS from the start.

16. vdd65
    Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2015

vdd65 , Jan 29, 2015 :
    No more FREE advertising :D

17. rayandreas

rayandreas , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I received mine a few days ago in Cali and its branded. But, some user here smarter than most informed me that I got a refurbished one since it has a cyanogen logo on it. So, count yourself happy if you don't. LOL! Some people have nerve! Mine was perfect and "NEW." So, as long as the new one's are running the proper CM11S and are bought and backed up by one plus then I don't see a problem.

Montucky likes this.
  18. squishyturtle
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2015

squishyturtle , Jan 29, 2015 :
    i ordered mine on the 20 Jan sale via OP's website and just received it yesterday, brand new with the Cyanogenmod logo on it + the ROM. not sure if this is reliable news o_O

Montucky likes this.
  19. iRioTz
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2015

iRioTz , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I have the Cyanogen branded sandstone back. But the texture is all scratched and worn away. Not sure if this takes my hipster credibility away.. Feel free to send me fresh SandStone and Silk backs! ;3

Montucky likes this.
  20. vinhtantran
    Donut Jan 29, 2015