rayandreas likes this.
  3. rayandreas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2015

rayandreas , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I wholeheartedly agree with you...

4. pizzaferret
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2015

pizzaferret , Jan 29, 2015 :
    So is cyanogen still working on lollipop rom or is an official lollipop rom going to come from Oneplus?

5. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2015

aspherical , Jan 29, 2015 :
    OnePlus had already confirmed they are shipping without the logo.

JanetRamesar and feiy_w like this.
  6. vinhtantran
    Donut Jan 29, 2015

vinhtantran , Jan 29, 2015 :
    OK, thanks. Searching the forum, but searching function sucks.

Montucky likes this.
  7. feiy_w
    Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2015

feiy_w , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Indonesia got preorder through 3rd party company, the phone doesn't have cm logo at the back cover. Thought it was a china ver. now it's all confirmed that opo is no longer put cm logo at the back. Nice info anyway

8. amitvig22

9. 625897
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2015

10. lh1971
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2015

lh1971 , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I received mine on 1/24/15 with build date of 12/18/14. It has Cyanogen logo.

Montucky likes this.
  11. sonjamin
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2015

sonjamin , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I wonder will CM honor their 2 year update agreement with OP? Right now would love to see Lollipop on the OPO OTA......

Montucky likes this.
  12. Montucky

Montucky , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I love this phone but without CyanogenMod I will find something else. It was a good idea but unfortunately one plus one will take a huge shit when CyanogenMod is gone

rayandreas and willjammer like this.
  13. lostLambda
    Lollipop Jan 29, 2015

lostLambda , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Goody for you, éclair!

14. sarcha
    Honeycomb Jan 29, 2015

sarcha , Jan 29, 2015 :
    When OnePlus launched their flagship device the OnePlus One back in the early part of last summer, one of the big selling points of the device was that it came with Cyanogen’s take on the android operating system. At the time, this was known as a variant of CyanogenMod 11 (CM11s), although over time this has morphed into what we now know as Cyanogen OS, a commercial sister version of the community-based CyanogenMod.

At first, the relationship was a fruitful one and seemed to benefit both companies. However, at some point it seems tensions started to build and as we all now know, those tensions came to a head towards the end of last year, when a fallout between the two companies became public knowledge. Since then, it has seemed like the two were never going to be able to move forward and get back on track again. Members of both parties have since came out publicly, stating that the whole Indian issue was unfortunate, but the news on the future of the two had been quiet since.

Well, if you were hoping for a rekindling, it seems the latest news is suggesting that is unlikely to happen. Very early reports from new owners in the US, are starting to reveal that their newly purchased OnePlus One’s are coming without the infamous Cyanogen logo on the back. When the whole India issue came to a head, Cyanogen were informed that they could no longer ship units to India, branded with Cyanogen until Micromax (the crux of the India issue) had released their device. However, there has and was never an issue with shipping units to other countries, with Cyanogen branding on the rear. Well, as you can see from these images, it does look like either OnePlus have decided to remove all branding for all regions or Cyanogen have asked OnePlus to remove all branding. Either way, this does look like the latest confirmation, that the two are drifting further apart. The user in question (source link below) noted on Google+ that the device shown in the image above only arrived today and has a build date of January 10th. In the image below, the same user compares the newly arrived OnePlus One with another that was purchased at the end of last year. As such, the new One’s lacking Cyanogen branding seems like a very recent development.

Source: http://androidheadlines.com/2015/01...ing-arrive-u-s-without-cyanogen-branding.html

Huff-Out-Loud likes this.
  15. ParamK.
    Marshmallow Moderator Jan 29, 2015

ParamK. , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Duplicate thread https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ithout-cyanogen-branding.255328/#post-9449848

@oalexander @Jevoly

OALEXANDER and Jevoly like this.
  16. oneplusoneinvite32
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2015

oneplusoneinvite32 , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Sorry I dont spend my entire life in this forum!

Some of us actually work for a living. Have a great day my good Sir!:cool:

rayandreas, lostLambda and willjammer like this.
  17. fenice
    KitKat Jan 29, 2015

fenice , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Yes. :)

18. fenice
    KitKat Jan 29, 2015

fenice , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Yes, they have a contract with OnePlus.

19. davinche
    Froyo Jan 29, 2015

davinche , Jan 29, 2015 :
    I can confirm, I received mine yesterday and it does not have the cyanogenmod logo on it.

20. jobby
    Froyo Jan 29, 2015

jobby , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Hello
    I have bought it in the early january and no cyanogen logo appears. It was great for me due to now I can install any android ROM and the case wont complain about it. ;)
    Any way its only a word in a case, dont worry. As intel said years ago, the important things are Inside ... :D
    BR