OnePlus: Our Plan for 100 Sweet Moments

1. Anvesh S95 Eclair Dec 7, 2018

2. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Dec 7, 2018

buntycubal, agoinfly and Hydra Bob like this.
  3. Laki Shetty Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

4. Anvesh S95 Eclair Dec 7, 2018

Anvesh S95, Dec 7, 2018 :
    I'm using OnePlus 6T

5. Anvesh S95 Eclair Dec 7, 2018

6. Laki Shetty Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

Laki Shetty, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Ok. Because only half of the animations i could see on my OP5 with latest beta. Not sure how Oxygen OS animations added per ROM. It seems everything half baked. Few animations are available for few devices. This shows how lethargic and unplanned Team OOS...

7. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Dec 7, 2018

toastytoast1234, Dec 7, 2018 :
    You must be devastated.

8. Laki Shetty Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

Laki Shetty, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Yes. already devastated by waiting for pie. And much intensified with this..

9. Jacob_DK Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

Jacob_DK, Dec 7, 2018 :
    You should make more easter eggs like the one in the Star Wars 5T. That was really a sweet surprise! :)

10. k.kost9 Eclair Dec 7, 2018

k.kost9, Dec 7, 2018 :
    My favorite moment is definitely how 1+ treats people, thanks to whom they find themselves in their place. as if we don't exist at all, nice try

11. Martin Bonnet Froyo Dec 7, 2018

12. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 7, 2018

FlixbusLennart, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Nice words, as always. Unfortunately, they remain words. OnePlus should find their focus first.
    Yes, these illustrated elements are cute and add life to the devices. I loved when I saw that Una was there in the hidden apps space and so on. These illustrations are beautifully designed, they're a fun little way to express that a phone doesn't need to be a lifeless, dull 900€ piece of glass and metal. But there's certainly other work to be done that should be of higher priority.

OnePlus have so much to fix, so many ugly UI elements and so many issues under the hood.
    Ever since the Pie update reached its first Beta state on the OnePlus 6, one thing persisted for me - the unbelievable number of translation errors, wrong grammar in text and so on. I don't know how it's in other languages, but using Oxygen as a German, your inner German teacher cries a river. I've contacted the bug team multiple times, used every single way that is open to me to offer help, ask for better translations... It's been more than 6 months now and this basic issue isn't fixed. But hey guys, Hampus Olsson designed some new illustrations. Cool.
    The camera UI is a klusterfuk of swiping up, down, sideways, floating Google Lens button in the mix, rounded elements, elements with sharp edges, a settings section that doesn't fit the style of either the camera app or any other system app. Camera has processing issues in Night and portrait mode like white balance that is off, oversharpening... and I have yet to find a lighting situation where portrait mode isn't a grainy mess with off colours.
    The default theme is so ugly that it hurts. A turquoise-purple mix in the clock app is just one example.

Not to forget that Samsung is faster to provide a Pie beta than OnePlus. I'm not asking for an ETA here and I'm perfectly fine if an update takes a bit of time. It's better to wait 2 more weeks than having an unusable system. But come on. OnePlus is the company that gets recommended. "If you want a fast system, beautiful design and quick updates, go for OnePlus." - this isn't the case anymore and I'm uncertain what will happen once Android 10 comes out and my device (OP6) is one year old. Will I have to wait for so long too? Or is it just that OnePlus 5 didn't have treble/Oreo on launch and therefore doesn't have the base for easy and quick updates? Time will tell.

And you sit here, applaud yourself that there's a plane landing when you press a toggle. Something that isn't to be found for any other quick settings icon, if I'm informed correctly. Come on guys. Focus on the core experience first.

This was a bit of a rant, but you always ask for honest feedback - so here it is. Don't forget that there's so much positive stuff to say about OxygenOS, which remained unsaid here. Hope you understand my struggle with these bonus additions like Yoga people and men riding soundwaves.

13. thechicken65 Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

wsadlxx likes this.
  14. zoran81 Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2018

zoran81, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Well that explains why there are some ladies on my phone when someone not answering when I call

15. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 7, 2018

Cheetosdust, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Maybe we can have a contest/poll to name the "Yoga Lady". :cool:

16. G_Mohammed_Sayeed_nJwg Eclair Dec 7, 2018

17. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Dec 7, 2018

Ruby G., Dec 7, 2018 :
    Hey @FlixbusLennart,

Wanted to let you know I immediately direct messaged the OnePlus Germany team about the German translations to make sure they're aware of the problem/doing something to address it. They told me that some mistakes have been corrected, while others are in progress. To paraphrase what they told me "partly the strings also belong to Google" so it won't be possible to change every single thing we catch. I apologize for what must have been a frustrating experience, and I'll see what I can do to push the process along.

For the ugly UI design part, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can determine how common this opinion is in the community. Feel free to point me to any existing threads that I may have missed. Evidence that this is more than a one-off opinion can help us make a case for change.

Personal opinion starting here: Correct me if I'm misinformed, I don't know that we've ever claimed to be the fastest at updates. I thought comparatively, we were doing pretty good compared to other OEMs, among the faster ones. Manu and our team do impressive work considering the number of people dedicated on that area.

18. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 7, 2018

Dunnow, Dec 7, 2018 :
    I've never seen the airplane mode animation, is it there with a custom accent color? Or I'm missing something?

19. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 7, 2018

FlixbusLennart, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Hey Ruby, thank you a lot for your quick and open response!
    Here we go :)

Thanks a lot again! Looking forward to it.

Well, in terms of design - I think I'm kind of a loner there. Stated my own very personal opinion on the UI and I don't really know whether others think like that, too. As you're already conducting surveys on every single aspect of the OS, I'm sure that the team knows what exactly they do great (which is a lot!) and what exactly many users don't like.

OnePlus never claimed that, but every single review or recommendation out there states that OnePlus phones are among the best in terms of updates and longevity. It's one of the most beloved aspects of a OnePlus product. One of the main reasons for me to stay with this brand. And yes, OnePlus are still super quick compared to others. But to Never Settle means to not settle with being quick relatively to others - but rather in absolute numbers. And in absolute numbers, it's been more than half a year since OnePlus and Google started collaborating on a Pie build of Oxygen OS.

I'm a huge fan of OnePlus, of the products and the whole experience. I'm sitting on my couch right now, wearing the OnePlus hoodie that I won when I visited the 6T pop-up, got my travel backpack in front of me, Bullets around my neck and more.
    OnePlus for me is the only phone brand that can compete with Apple. Streamlined, reliable software, great speed, great build quality (and more) are the things that make even diehard Apple fans around me consider the switch. OnePlus is the brand to change what people think about Android phones, including to smash the stereotype of not being updated quickly. I state my own personal opinion here. Right now, I'm fearing that OnePlus could lose the aspect of being streamlined and reliably quick with updates, because if too much focus on gimmicks like yoga guys or a quick settings animation.

20. gaster KitKat Moderator Dec 7, 2018

gaster, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Hello Gary. Thanks for the heads up about that. Any new feature similar to this that is distinctive and not disturbing, is very welcome at least for me. We only have to find the sweet moments now :D I also like the calculator Easter egg. Have a great weekend everyone.

NateDev and jlasensiofi like this.