OnePlus: Our Plan for 100 Sweet Moments

1. Neylan Eclair Dec 7, 2018

2. YRJ KitKat Dec 7, 2018

YRJ, Dec 7, 2018 :
    it is about the 100 sweet moments , AKA Easter eggs they have added in the softwares UI which is supposed to enhance UX by adding a human touch.
    overall a few aesthetic changes!
    regards.

ghostofcain likes this.
  3. Neylan Eclair Dec 7, 2018

4. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Dec 7, 2018

ghostofcain likes this.
  5. GopalB. Marshmallow Dec 7, 2018

GopalB., Dec 7, 2018 :
    It's a foreign language that only 5% of world use...

NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams likes this.
  6. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Dec 7, 2018

NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Oh I didn't know that
    is it possible to study it anywhere ?
    and could it help me to get my pie update faster ?
    Thanks in advance

GopalB. likes this.
  7. narceoneplus2 Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018

8. yankygurk Donut Dec 7, 2018

yankygurk, Dec 7, 2018 :
    me neither, I also don't have the animation.
    I thought it was only me but now I guess it has to do with the T-Mobile variant. I don't understand the software differences, like the fact that we get swipe left for Google feed but don't get the airplane animation. why don't we have it?

9. GopalB. Marshmallow Dec 7, 2018

GopalB., Dec 7, 2018 :
    No and no... o_O

NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams likes this.
  10. malidan Marshmallow Dec 7, 2018

malidan, Dec 7, 2018 :
    The handwarming feature is great, it saves on the fuel bills.
    It would be even better if they added this app, like the cloned gaming mode.

512x512bb.jpg

To fire it up, instead of having to play PUBG to get the warmth.;)

11. jlasensiofi KitKat Dec 7, 2018

jlasensiofi, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Thank you very much, @Gary C., I think it's an excellent initiative.

I do not know if something will happen to me, but if that were the case I would let you know.

12. Ray_ofLight Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

Ray_ofLight, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Now the question is Which devices will receive these 100 sweet moments besides the 6T.

13. NateDev Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

14. NateDev Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

NateDev, Dec 7, 2018 :
    I agree, why doesn't the clock app take the accent color, or at least use white or something other that that ugly purple!!?

Good comment all around, I think OnePlus might be getting ahead of itself here, there are still many optimizations and fixes that need to be done within the OS. I agree with you for the UI design as well, icons are a mishmash of different styles, design and color is inconsistent, etc.

wsadlxx and FlixbusLennart like this.
  15. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 7, 2018

FlixbusLennart, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Also, this in the SMS app...

1544208196462.jpg

Attached Files:

woSch and NateDev like this.
  16. NateDev Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

NateDev, Dec 7, 2018 :
    @Ruby G. quoting you here:

"For the ugly UI design part, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can determine how common this opinion is in the community. Feel free to point me to any existing threads that I may have missed. Evidence that this is more than a one-off opinion can help us make a case for change."

You mentioned wanting to make sure the UI design stuff isn't a one off opinion, and I'd just like to chime in saying I agree with most of what @FlixbusLennart said about the UI. As I said in a comment right above this one, I think OnePlus might be getting ahead of itself here, there are still many optimizations and fixes that need to be done within the OS. I agree with you for the UI design as well, icons are a mishmash of different styles, design and color is inconsistent, etc.

eg the clock app like I mentioned. it has a purple color, whereas the clock app has teal, file explorer has pale blue? and the calculator app has red as the main color but yellow for the dates in the calculator history.❓❓ Neither follow the accent color I've set in settings. This makes absolutely no sense. Use the same color all around, or adapt to using our set color in settings.

Plus, the quick settings icons are inconsistent as well. The mobile data icon is a thin, outline-type icon, but all the others are thick, filled in shapes. Plus, in OOS the flashlight icon for example is filled in, but on Pixel devices / stock Android, it's an outline. Same with the battery saver icon - solid in quick settings, outlined in Settings when telling you Battery Saver is on. In Oneplus's own app, the file explorer, the icons for search, file dash, etc are outlined. Why do the icon types keep changing from one place in the OS to another?

More of this inconsistent behavior exists, like the fact that OxygenOS still has the old auto rotate icon in quick settings, not the new one from Pie.

Honestly I could go on and on about this, but I think I've made my point.

17. sommersy KitKat Dec 7, 2018

sommersy, Dec 7, 2018 :
    I really like the Lift to Answer gesture, although it was better before you removed it from my model <=[

Oh come on, you knew this was coming when you asked that question.

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  18. narceoneplus2 Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

narceoneplus2, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Is the airplane mode feature present in the T-Mobile variant?

19. Himalaya Dave Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

Himalaya Dave, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Add Something To The Software Update Pages And A New Revamped Boot Animation Would Be Much Appreciated .
    I Haven't Seen This Flight Mode Animation On My OnePlus 6 .

NateDev likes this.
  20. Bouncer71 KitKat Dec 7, 2018

Bouncer71, Dec 7, 2018 :
    I really like the OnePlus switch animation...

Screenshot_20181207-223413.jpg

Little virtual OnePlus employees moving my stuff always brings a smile on my face... 8D
    Could also be community friends helping me out... ;D

Going to add this song for no reason.... ; )

Incubus - The Warmth..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018