OnePlus over aggressively kills apps that are set to not optimize

1. somenothingness
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2019

somenothingness , Jul 21, 2019 :
    I'm posting here because I know there are some deep clean features in the international version of the firmware but for the case that is this is TMobile firmware.

OnePlus decides to kill things at random that have been set to not optimized like cellmapper and Google play music. now cellmapper was easy to find but Google play music I had to use Nova launcher and set up a widget for settings and battery and select all apps to find Google play music because at least on the T-Mobile firmware not all apps are listed to optimize or not.

now I understand that the OnePlus method of killing apps is silly useless and there's nothing you can really do about it for the most part but maybe somebody has found a way around this. I mean for God's sakes I've got 8 GB of RAM with 3 apps open.

2. TGardner
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2019

TGardner , Jul 24, 2019 :
    Have you tried :Settings/System / go to-
    Recent app management and select normal , if it isn't already.
    I don't have this issue but I can try and help if I can.

3. Gunnar Kris
    Donut Aug 22, 2019

Gunnar Kris , Aug 22, 2019 :
    I have mine set to normal clear in my 6t. For some reason, something deep down in the op system still closes out apps like my password manager for some reason. Just something about Chinese phones and the way they handle things I guess.

4. TGardner
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2019

TGardner , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Yeah, the Huawei p30 pro has an issue with over killing apps that it doesn't like for whatever reason. I'm sure there are others. I haven't noticed that on my 7 pro but that doesn't mean it's not a problem with other models.