OnePlus owners opinion on iPhone's

1. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

WorkersUnited , Dec 5, 2014 :
    ^^^ Yawn.

Ok you completely have me convinced- charging $100 more for the next highest storage option is not expensive or overpriced. Happy? Stop bothering me.

2. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Dec 5, 2014

aakashjhaveri , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Yes
    Apple hater i am

3. bilalniazi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2014

bilalniazi , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Of course it costs "more". That's why I invited "Rich kid" to the party :p

c4chilli likes this.
  4. eletste
    Donut Dec 5, 2014

eletste , Dec 5, 2014 :
    I have always owned an iphone and now, for the first time, I want to change. I don't think that the iphone really changed in theses years and I always had a good feeling with. In addition, I colleague of mine just bought one and he's very unhappy with.

5. eletste
    Donut Dec 5, 2014

eletste , Dec 5, 2014 :
    And it's too much overpriced!!!!

6. Weitang Hu
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2014

Weitang Hu , Dec 5, 2014 :
    From what I heard regarding to Iphone6 is that it is very slow. There is sometime going on with iOS. OPO wins that is for sure. No matter the looks, feels, and display screen. The only thing Apple did better it might be the camera. I am not too much into that cause I rather use a DSLR for quality pictures. Therefore, no matter to me.

7. The Doc
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

The Doc , Dec 5, 2014 :
    To me apple is like the Beats by Dre of computers. Their sexy and attractive, but are of low quality. I'm not being bias. I know from personal experience. I've owned their products and within a short amount of time they have broken down for one reason to another. (2011 late pro model faulty gpu, iPhone hardware issues). Personally I wont be buying anything Apple from now on.

8. Fulli
    Donut Dec 5, 2014

Fulli , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Owner of iPhone, iPad, iPad mini and a OnePlus One

What people are saying about the iPhones price might be true, but the iPhone aren't for people who love to play with their devices or people who love to customise their phones. The iPhone is a great device right out the box, you don't have to think about anything, just type in you apple ID and you're up and running. The iOS is very simple and easy to use, that's why most people buy the iPhone.

The OnePlus One is a complicated phone (OS) but if you're like me, that is not a problem, I love to customise my phone, and with the OnePlus One I have no limitations.

9. Rickpwns
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

Rickpwns , Dec 5, 2014 :
    I owned all the iphones since the iPhone 3G, several iPods and macbooks. I do also own a Mac mini. To be honest I liked the iPhone more than the OP I have now. It just worked more flawless for me (I mostly use it for the company I work for). But well, you pay pretty much for it.

10. jilumudisukumar
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2014

11. koltiwa

koltiwa , Dec 5, 2014 :
    1 and 2 are mute points as they may be third party software but still work. Plus, we have many choices and can customise it, unlike Apple tech.
    3. I'll admit that's fancy but Lollipop does that with Chrome.
    4. Google+ and Drive backup and are more secure.
    5, 6 & 7. Bless Windows PC's.
    8. Google Wallet. Was just tap and pay when I bought my coffee this morning.
    9. Gimmick.
    10. Please, Google Maps!
    11. Auto scrolling mode in eBooks.
    12. Surprised you mentioned the stock Podcast app because it's really not that good. Don't know any iPhone user that actually uses it. All they do is download a better app like you would do on Android.
    13. Google Play For Education.
    14. Plastic
    15. Download app 0_o
    16. Erm, siri is not bad but nowhere near as powerful as Google Now.

Nice try.

12. notsimar
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

notsimar , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Before I explain my opinion on the iPhone I figure I have to lay down a basic foundation to build it on.

I have to admit as a consumer I don't care for the apple pricing structure, however, I do appreciate what they offer at that price.

I am lucky enough to live near a store so I can easily go to the store to get service on a device. I own a few apple products and have been lucky enough to have a few serviced when needed. That means something to me as a consumer. When I dropped my iPhone (or it tried to commit suicide by jumping out of my pocket) I was able to walk into the apple store and have a replacement the same day.

I bought the OPO to give myself a fair chance to compare it to my iPhone and it really did impress me with the hardware build and the performance. CM is a great rom and I want the partnership continue to bring innovative products to the market.

When I take into consideration the pricing of the iPhone, I see some value there. It is not as great as the value that OPO offers in terms of product, and it can never come close because the operating model is different. But if I am dealing with a phone that doesn't work, I have the option going to the store to have it addressed in a reasonable time vs dealing with online only support.

I also like the camera on the iPhone better than the OPO. I prefer the scrolling on iOS to that of android. I wish the OPO came with a 128GB option like my iPhone.

13. CarDusan

CarDusan , Dec 5, 2014 :
    I've had one for couple of years, and boy am I glad to be back in Android World!!!
    Apple is a living proof that you can have mediocre product and still succeed with it because of betting on exclusivity, rich club kind-of-feel, and marketing x marketing.
    Exclusivity: when people own iPhones, they think they are better than the rest of the world - because in theirs there is only iPhone, and other phones... regardless of what the pricing is... they will still continue to spend thousands and thousands of dollars in purchasing iTunes credit, gift cards, and loading up their song library... like they listen to it all the time... anyhow, phone finish is really great. But, they have hardware issues big time... Advantage to monetize on exclusivity was iPod - now it was seamless transition into iPhone, iPad, iMac, etc and all Apple makes (can I have one of each sort of BS) :) ... they sky rocket the price of the phone like it is a TV that will last you 5-6 years; like it is a ticket to a yacht club, or the best clubs in the world... it is not...
    Marketing is another thing: Apple jumped in and got companies to switch from Blackberry phones to iPhone, because they indeed offered security that Android did not have at the time. I don't know exactly what, but I remember my company talking about it and corporate was not too keen on getting Android devices because there was none that could pair up with iPhone... Lately that is not the case - let's say last 1-2 years.

Only two phones in my experience that surpassed iPhone / iOS by passing by 300mph by apple too old too worn off design is OPO and Nexus 6. Now, I am talking about OPO that 100% works as designed and Nexus 6 1`00% working as designed...

14. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

WolfpackN64 , Dec 5, 2014 :
    I use Apple products on a day-to-day basis. But the iPhone's are too pricy for me.

15. wmeeker
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2014

wmeeker , Dec 6, 2014 :
    Actually, my 1yr old uses an android tablet. And my 4yr old started when she was 1. Not sure where you're coming from there...why would anyone waste $800 on something that'll be dropped on the floor 10 times per dayo_O

16. mikeo
    Froyo Dec 6, 2014

17. Jiggy2
    Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2014

Jiggy2 , Dec 6, 2014 :
    Yeah, iOS used to be hood but 8 or 8.whatever is craaaaaaap, they've introduced a system that needs more ram to run it but didn't release the hardware capable of running it, what a bunch of jerks, I am now trying to sell my iPhone 5s coz it's now basically a brick that lasts 4-5 hours then needs charging but no matter how you explain it they just say it must be a hardware issue, self deluded money hungry bunch of rip off merchants, if I ever got my OPO I'm sure I'm gonna love it

18. csvan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2014

csvan , Dec 6, 2014 :
    Would never, ever buy an iPhone. If I was given one, I would sell it immediately.

I don't hate Apple per se, but I just don't like the way they treat both their developers and customers. I own a MacBook because the software I need for my day-to-day work (Xamarin) requires it. Everything else I do on my Linux box.

19. NLxRoyal
    Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2014

20. Q-soft
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2014

Q-soft , Dec 6, 2014 :
    "OnePlus 2 should be out in Q2 or Q3 of 2015? By that time, I'd think Android L would be standard. :)." They also dealt with a question that asked if the company was working on a smaller smartphone. The answer? "We've seen a lot of people asking for a smaller device, and want to let everyone know that we hear you. We're thinking about it."

Comments... should I wait to get the 2? I just like to change my current phone for a better one! ;)