OnePlus-Pixel collaboration?? via OnePlus Nord

1. Nipu_1998
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2020

Nipu_1998 , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,
    Just came across an interesting Twitter thread by Vlad Savov( Editor-Bloomberg technology). The thread discussed the need for collaboration between OnePlus and Google Pixel.
    OnePlus undoubtedly offers the best android experience. The smooth and well optimised Oxygen OS combined with flagship-level hardware delivers a fast and fluid Android experience. OnePlus devices have always delivered the best experience in their segments. But sadly, the camera’s have always been the Achilles heel for OnePlus. Even though OnePlus had capable hardware, they were not the best in camera performance and image processing.
    Pixel’s on the other hand has stood as the gold standard for smartphone photography since the pixel 1. The excellent computational photography capabilities of Google, combined with the signature pixel image processing made the pixel’s an easy recommendation for smartphone photography. The pixel’s were never about the latest camera hardware. The ancient 12.2-megapixel sensor in pixels still delivers flagship quality images.
    Interestingly, Pete and Hiroshi Lockheimer (SVP, Google) replied to the thread positively. Pete also hinted that OnePlus has got something interesting under the sleeves for 2021. What could it be?
    Personally, I have always been a fan of the hardware and fluid experience that OnePlus offers, but was disappointed by the cameras and I’m so interested in the future announcements from Google and OnePlus.
    What are your thoughts on the collaboration and if this becomes real, what should be the device called?

@dsmonteiro @Starcommander @camohan @Dresa91. @script @Leo X. @YRJ @SRD.

check out the twitter link mentioned above : https://twitter.com/vladsavov/status/1335096830196023298?s=19

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020

2. script
    Moderator Moderator Dec 5, 2020

script , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Thx for this interesting article. A collaboration would be great, as it's true that the OnePlus camera would be better with better software. So, I personally would love a collaboration of OnePlus hardware+OS and Google camera software.

3. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Dec 5, 2020

Mr. BG , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Could you throw in the link please, thanks! :)

4. McJader
    KitKat Dec 5, 2020

McJader , Dec 5, 2020 :
    If such a collaboration happens, I'll be very very interested to see what they have to offer......
    And if OnePlus really gets Pixel-level camera software, it will be the phone to buy....
    Cannot wait for this!

5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Dec 5, 2020

Venky61 , Dec 5, 2020 :
    It would be really interesting indeed.
    It may be called "Pixord" :p

6. lou niggel
    Eclair Dec 5, 2020

7. Ajin_Grace_Thomas
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2020

8. McJader
    KitKat Dec 5, 2020

McJader , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Who are you talking to?
    This is a thread created by a user about a possible collaboration

SeriesXM, HipsGTLK, Bouncer71 and 4 others like this.
  9. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Dec 5, 2020

10. dkishorereddy
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2020

11. Mr.pransh
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2020

Mr.pransh , via OnePlus 8 , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Of course the oneplus team should change the camera of oneplus mobile in the future and I had asked my question in the feedback before but in fact oneplus mobile camera is behind pixel mobile so I think oneplus team should pay attention to feature camera and google Pixel should be a better camera than mobile but oneplus should not be lagging behind for this reason

12. Dhruv Kashyap

Dhruv Kashyap , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 5, 2020 :
    It would be amazing to see such a collaboration in the future.
    🔥✨
    The possibilities are endless, and unthinkable!✨😬

Lets wait for what lies ahead in the future and what all will become reality 🔥✨✨🔥

13. Y1546984311987
    Donut Dec 5, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  14. Rajnish_Dhull

15. MakB
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2020

MakB , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Quite interesting.... OnePlus's oxygen coupled with Pixel cameras will be an undefeatable flagship... However, I am not that hopeful with such a collaboration

16. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Dec 5, 2020

camohan , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Google and OnePlus, probably a fairy tale story with match made in heaven...!

17. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Dec 5, 2020

Dresa91 , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Thanks for the link, but why did you tag me?:)

18. HarshKK14

19. AmarSah
    Eclair Dec 5, 2020