OnePlus Plus Plus: Redesign a OnePlus Product

1. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Dec 19, 2019

Trista W. , Dec 19, 2019 :
    oneplus12.1.png

Hello everyone!

Long time, no see. Much occupied these days and really sorry for not checking here as often.
    Great thanks to @thoma_hawk for this amazing idea and let's have fun!
    -------------------------------
    What if we let you run the show for a change and you could improve any OnePlus product (on paper)? You all might have had 'what if OnePlus did it like this?' moments in your life; Why not share those with the community and win some cool prizes?

This is what you will have to do:
    1. Pick anything sold by OnePlus (phone, bullets, backpack, cases, chargers).
    2. Think about how you can make it better by adding/deleting/modifying anything in it.
    3. Write/draw/render or do whatever you think will help in getting your idea across.
    4. Wacky or futuristic ideas are fine as long as it improves something.
    5. Post them here in the comments section.

[Rules]:
    1. Edited posts will not be considered.
    2. No software/UI improvements/features.
    3. Don't improve/build on an already posted idea (unless it is very different, conceptually).
    4. Entries will be selected according to their quality, impact, and innovation.
    5. Upon submitting your idea, you agree to provide OnePlus with the free right to use and publish any production materials (video, pictures, articles, etc.) that are generated and submitted during the competition period.
    6. Standards Terms and Conditions apply.

[Prizes]:
    For the first time in the history of contests, the number and kind of prize you will win depends on how good the entries are. Provided that we reach a good amount of high-quality entries, we may even throw in devices as prizes!

[Timeline]:
    The contest will be open for entries until Jan 30. Winners will be announced on Feb 5.

2. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2019

Manav Bhagia , Dec 19, 2019 :
    1576773109397.jpg
    My idea for this contest is ..... The OnePlus Bullets true wireless ! t would be an improvement over the OnePlus Bullets wireless 2 , for one main reason , it would be truly wireless ! (ease of use , carrying around , etc)
    For the design I have sort of mixed the design of the OnePlus Bullets wireless 1 with the wing supporters for a better fit, the body design similar to the Bullets wireless 2 for a larger surface area , for two main reasons :
    1: Bigger drivers , and
    2: ambient mode ! (microphones).
    Also, if it doesn't increase the cost much , touch controls

I know that my drawing skills are really not that good, but these would be an improvement if such a product is gonna be released (and it doesn't look so ugly in real life [e]1f602[/e])

3. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2019

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019

4. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2019

YRJ , Dec 19, 2019 :
    @Trista W. Is back :D
    You have been MIA lately!
    This is a very interesting contest, great idea @thoma_hawk :D

I will post my entry in the coming days, I might already have something in my mind. ;)

Good luck people :)

5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 19, 2019

SWAPPYONE, msvj55, wilko1968 and 29 others like this.
  6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2019

7. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 19, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Welcome back @Trista W.!! And thank you @thoma_hawk for the idea.

This is a great thread to say goodbye to the year. As soon as I read it, my mind started thinking. What can be done to improve what we already have?

Nowadays the consciouses regarding climate change is improving. Most of us love tech and one of the worse things we can face while traveling is seeing the battery of our precious devices get lower and lower without any place around to feed them...

A combination of both is the result of my idea. Even tho I tried to make things more visual, I'm awful at drawing. That's why I'm gonna try to describe it the best I can with words.

As a quick resume: Solar Explorer Backpack.

I know there are already some backpacks with this kind of thing but this OnePlus improved backpack would have the solar panel hidden and an extra pocket with 3 USB ports and 3 pockets.

The panel would be placed inside the up part, accessing it by a zipper. That piece of cloth covering it could be totally removed for a better use of it and at the same time having the chance to cover it for a discreet "conventional" backpack.

In a covered location between the main big pocket and the exterior cloth, will be placed the cable that links the solar panel with the USBs. These would be in the middle front pocket.

Here comes the fun part I wasn't able to draw... Those three pockets could be accessible by the outside and the inside. And the new middle opening would have a security accessory, the zipper end as some sort of cordon attached to the back with a clasp.

I hope that the idea is understandable! I had a lot of fun thinking about it.

Ah, I almost forgot... The awful visual attempt of its representation:

IMG_20191219_192939-01.jpeg

8. Kleb32
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

9. J_Duece_81
    Froyo Dec 20, 2019

J_Duece_81 , Dec 20, 2019 :
    My idea might not be so great or even possible, I don't know if there are regulations or not regarding this but here it goes.

I would manufacture all handsets with the widest range of available cellular radio frequencies as possible, think "True Global GSM". This would prevent limiting of handsets to "regions" and allow every customer in the world to buy any available handset they wish. Different versions of the operating system can then be selected to comply with regions that don't allow Google or other services. It may even streamline manufacturing since you would only need to buy one modem for your products.

Well that's my idea, probably a terrible one

10. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2019

Max.Mar , Dec 20, 2019 :
    Hello..I would like a notch free experience but I won't bet on something motorized because of so many reasons be it physical damage to lack of water resistance.

I think our technology has grown enough to finally vanish the camera module completely, yes I am talking about the In-Display Camera Module. I understand this tech is not matured enough to implement it right now..but hey we are talking about improvement and this would be the biggest one.. isn't it.

It would be interesting to see how things unfold in this regard.

Peace!!

11. BlackKnight2332 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 20, 2019 :
    The OnePlus Warp 30 Car Charger have the led ring glow blue when not connected, red when Warp charging, and green when device is charged. Orange when charging but not warp charging i.e. non OnePlus device charging. Since the OnePlus phone recognizes the charge have customize options for changing the led ring colors.

12. Liehjan
    Lollipop Dec 20, 2019

13. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 20, 2019

Cheetosdust , Dec 20, 2019 :
    What a beauty, thank you for that lovely creation. :cool:

And you even added the "we" in bold and underlined. I assume you also added a headphone jack, but we can't see it from this angle. Perfection! :D:p

14. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 20, 2019

15. Navdeep_Malik
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2019

Navdeep_Malik , Dec 20, 2019 :
    Thank you @Trista W. and welcome!
    umm lets see , well I have something in some nascent stage..or I still hope it may help someone somewhere in getting to something better somehow...
    anyways looking at the thickness of the Oneplus devices at a rise I thought why not use that area, that strip of nothingness into something.. a new way to show notifications. With bezel less displays we may use some part of screen to show notifications but what is fun in that, right ! Then I thought what if we had a One plus logo which glowed on receiving a notification! I mean a very good quality light and a good placement might make device look better..especially in the dark (for those who isn't a big fan of minimalism) or a subtle way of doing that ...like a running narrow strip of light around the edges of power button . I guess that's it then!
    Never settle

16. keithgpowell

17. keithgpowell

18. T1576859569710
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2019

T1576859569710 , Dec 20, 2019 :
    hello!OnePlus my name is Raunak Chowdhry and i am a 14year kid

I personally think OnePlus is a great company
    almost everyone in my family uses OnePlus

I think gaming is now going viral

my OnePlus 5 is getting hotter ,if I play for longer periods

i think OnePlus should get a gaming variant namely 1+XG
    that stands for xtreme gaming

i think a futuristic looking smartphone with a magnetic charger would make it a blockbuster phone .It can have a
    nice ram and rom

the wireless charger and the plusbuds and plushead would be a great gaming additional

You can also improve the quality by adding RGB light at the back with a cooling vent system hidden in a sturdy looking design

i think gaming is going to be considered in the future and this phone would make an audience

hope you'll like my design
    1576863690981.jpg

19. keithgpowell

20. PalakGrover_13
    Froyo Dec 20, 2019