OnePlus Plus Plus: Redesign a OnePlus Product

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustasim
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 31, 2019

Mustasim , via OnePlus 5T , Dec 31, 2019 :

Shiva Kumar Shata

1+ is a premium brand phone brand hence my ideas to look more premium we can add some features

1. wireless charging

2. mobile camera lenses
    as it is having great camera if we add camera lenses for some filters nothing can beat it.

3. if we add a camera which can fix on camera ring and flash lights on with this doctors can visualize inside of ears and nose this will be a great features for doctor. I will share you the plan pic
    View attachment 1222575

how about this, your patient is at your service. you are taking your phone lens accessory in side his or her ear drum, and then a call is coming! either vibration or ring tone!

will he or she accept the disturbance? how about any damage for such sudden panic?

2. Mustasim

however its a good option to make a phone for all purpose devices. like pulse checker, bp feeler, etc

3. AtomicEntity
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2019

AtomicEntity , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Please add FM radio in oneplus phones. FM radio chip is already available in snapdragon processors. please add an antenna and tuner to enable FM radio.
    I know a lot of people will say that no one listens to FM radio in the era of streaming music services these days, but there are certain benefits of FM radio which is not available in music streaming services, mainly:

1. Music streaming services do not offer local content. in my Town's FM stations I can get update on local news, exhibitions, events, local music bands, sports, emergency updates, traffic updates etc.
    2. FM radio does not require data connection
    3. FM radio does not need monthly subscription fees.

Please add this feature in future oneplus phones.

Manas Saha and Mustasim like this.
  4. Shiva Kumar Shata , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Any way one plus is having dedicated silent button a side so while doing this procedure mobile phone had to be in silent mode. if any Cal it will show on notification bar, from there we can reject

Mustasim likes this.
  5. Mustasim

but even though is it wise enough to think of doing so?

Shiva Kumar Shata likes this.
  6. Mustasim

AtomicEntity

Please add FM radio in oneplus phones. FM radio chip is already available in snapdragon processors. please add an antenna and tuner to enable FM radio.
    I know a lot of people will say that no one listens to FM radio in the era of streaming music services these days, but there are certain benefits of FM radio which is not available in music streaming services, mainly:

1. Music streaming services do not offer local content. in my Town's FM stations I can get update on local news, exhibitions, events, local music bands, sports, emergency updates, traffic updates etc.
    2. FM radio does not require data connection
    3. FM radio does not need monthly subscription fees.

Please add this feature in future oneplus phones.​

definitely a well thought proposal! i am with that bro!

Manas Saha likes this.
  7. Manas Saha
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2019

Manas Saha , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 31, 2019 :
    completely agree. it's a shame that such a awesome phone does not have FM radio. xiaomi and honor phones have this since forever. I understand that samsung and google do not offer this in galaxys and pixels to promote their own straming service like Milk and Google Play Music. but for OnePlus, there is no reason not to include a FM radio in their devices.

Mustasim likes this.
  8. UDS_6667_Captain
    Eclair Dec 31, 2019

UDS_6667_Captain , via OnePlus 5 , Dec 31, 2019 :
    1577797643410.jpg
    Hi OnePlus community [e]1f601[/e]
    This is my suggestion if OnePlus would redesign a product : why not it's most iconic product, to know the OnePlus One?
    Of course it would be an upgrade with current components like a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, a 5G connectivity,etc... But the design would be nearly the same! I remember that this particular design won in 2014 the design award of the year, it proves that it's efficient and it works.
    More if a OnePlus One 2020 Edition is released, I think it could be a nice retro product to celebrate the 6th anniversary of the brand and also the achievement of the dream of many OnePlus' fans like me!
    In 2014, I didn't have the luck to buy the One and I still have regrets. So it would be really cool if a 2020 version is released [e]1f601[/e]
    Hope you will enjoy my concept!

9. thoma_hawk likes this.
  10. jaydoshi567
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2019

jaydoshi567 , via OnePlus 5T , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Greetings everyone,

My suggestion towards, OnePlus Plus Plus: Redesign a OnePlus Product - is towards the "OnePlus Charging/Power Adapters".

Considering the fact that, little things and small steps can make huge differences.

How about having a small notch of led with design of Oneplus logo, which can notify you when your device is under charging and when its completed.

Using, generic symbols of green and red, would be great which can create a big difference when together all 547* million and counting One Plus (Indian community) users would be able to reduce carbon footprint together and give back to the environment by just knowing, when thier phones are charged and hope they would "switch off the lights" once notified and save electricity.

#NeverSettle #SaveEnergy #SavethePlanet

11. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2019

thoma_hawk , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Doesn't the charger automatically cut off once the device is fully charged? I thought it did.

12. jaydoshi567
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2019

jaydoshi567 , via OnePlus 5T , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Not sure about that. However, many a times I, myself keep the phone on Charging, and it's there for hours before i unplug the same as well.

luxuskamel likes this.
  13. F_Marci_Tóth_hMSD , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 31, 2019 :
    That's a good idea.

14. Aravinth infinity , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 31, 2019 :
    wireless charging method is the coolest one in the digital tech .

* Actually my idea is ,though other brands introduced this method but in customer point of view that is not satisfied
    because the charging speed is not that much high .

*And we can lift the phone by anti gravitational like stuff
    that make more cool to one plus

*please consider as a suggestion from my point of try to make OnePlus power bank .

"THANK YOU ONEPLUS COMMUNITY"

15. Cameron_McNaught
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2019

Cameron_McNaught , Dec 31, 2019 :
    A design change that is seemingly minor but a vast quality of life improvement: the charging port (or similar) on the top of the phone. When using the phone plugged in, you can have it in landscape unobstructed. Plugged in cables currently obstruct the phone in vertical orientation. It is a minor redesign that would be eliminate an issue that only sometimes appears.

I realize this may be more difficult to implement than it first appears. There are already multiple components up at the top: speaker, multiple cameras, microphones, light sensors, etc. But if the company pulled this off, it would be amazing.

Other:

As an aside, a couple other nice changes. It would be great to have a microSD port. It would be amazing to have an under screen front facing camera; I'm not sure if anyone else is doing this yet. It would also be fantastic if there was a way to turn on the LED flashlight with a motion gesture; it gets cold here in the winter and dark early on so not having to remove gloves to enable and disable the flashlight would be awesome.

Vesko G. likes this.
  16. Cameron_McNaught
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2019

Cameron_McNaught , Dec 31, 2019 :
    FM wouldn't really be possible anymore since the headphones used to act as the antenna for the receiver. One can wish though.

17. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Dec 31, 2019

TibiTibi , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Redmi 7a has FM radio that works without connecting any wire.

kodomolion and meatandy like this.
  18. zix47
    Froyo Jan 1, 2020

zix47 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 1, 2020 :
    Google assistant is the best imo

kodomolion likes this.
  19. G1573572106091
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2020

G1573572106091 , Jan 1, 2020 :
    New member here, here's my suggestion:

OnePlus 7T:

1. Make the phone body 1-2mm thicker, so the camera bump sticks out less/flush with the back of the phone.

2. Fit a slightly larger battery into the added space (3900-4000mah)

Also, not a redesign but it would be awesome if OnePlus released a pair of Over-ear Wireless ANC Headphones in addition to the Bullets.