OnePlus Plus Plus: Redesign a OnePlus Product

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneplusExtreme
    Froyo Jan 20, 2020

OneplusExtreme , Jan 20, 2020 :
    This is my modified Oneplus phone. The base design is the 7 Pro/ 7T Pro
    The front display is flat and the side of the device is matte, NOT glossy
    The sides for the black variant is silver (It will hide scratches long term)
    All variants will have a matte finish for the glass on the back
    The speakers will be on the top and bottom bezels.
    This will make the charge port and sim card slot area cleaner (Speaker holes/ microphone holes collect dust and gunk over time)
    The alert slider is red to make it stand out (It is still a feature for a OnePlus device, so it should stand out)
    Notable features:
    30W wireless charging (It is official OnePlus, it's about time) Unless 30W wireless charging is still not good enough
    5000+ mAh battery
    Both front and back glass will be Corning Gorilla Glass 6 not 5 like the 7 Pro, 7T and 7T Pro
    The display size is 6.7"
    The popup camera is still there
    The lowest model
    128GB, 8GB RAM £669
    256GB, 12GB RAM £720
    512GB, 16GB RAM (At this point I really don't care) £819
    Cameras don't care
    Fast charging standard don't care
    IP rating not gonna happen
    Refresh rate don't care at all (probably 120Hz or 240Hz cause why not)
    Latest Qualcomm Snapdragon chip (875)
    LPDDR5x RAM

Attached Files:

2. Mbariah , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jan 20, 2020 :
    Mine is but a downgrade to your phones.

A smaller screen

If there's anything OnePlus has been consistent in; it's making larger devices. Every year. My OnePlus 7T is so large that it's actually larger than the Galaxy Note 10.

Honestly I think I speak for most of us who want smaller phones. At least make a premium device with a 5.8inch screen.

If rumours are to be believed, the the OnePlus 8, even the 8 Lite will have even larger screens... really??120Hz or not, they are already too big.

Make Small Phones Again.

sidthefreak, TibiTibi and colaboy like this.
  3. colaboy
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2020

colaboy , Jan 20, 2020 :
    my apology on my ignorance, I did not know Mi had done the transparent phone.

the idea of making transparent phone will bring the design team new challenges rather than the typical what color we should introduce during every cycle of new phone. this can also help to simplify the soon-to-be-new-transparent phone owner some ease of buying the phone. so much so that there is only one design. we don't have to think which one suits better, how often will one appreciate any particular color over the other and etc.

there are many phone casing that come in only God know how many colors. the selection is basically no end, but there is none for transparency. also of by any means that OnePlus decided to sell a full transparent back glass, I will buy in a a heart beat. till I'm tired of it, I'll just wrap a case of my choose over it. this can also assist OnePlus to reduce the production of multi color back case, making them uniformity. the resources responsible for designing the exterior of the phone can now move a step ahead, thinking on how to appeal to the mass from within. I can imagine with transparent back glass, there are a lot more possibilities to enhance the device such as adding the notification light/LED or even the RGB light strips that surround the OnePlus logo. somewhere on the back? like @B.I.T.S. mentioned, the solar panel may now strategically place on top of the battery.

more over, what is the criteria of purchasing a phone, spec or the color of the phone? I think the former will be what majority looking forward to and the latter is pure secondary, a negliable decision.

I'm just simply too lazy to choose, just throw at me a single option colored phone, with attractive spec and price, color will not deter me from buying. even if that phone come painted with full rainbow spectrum on a single back glass, not gradient but literally 7 stripes of color across the back, I will still buy.

thoma_hawk likes this.
  4. colaboy
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2020

colaboy , Jan 20, 2020 :
    I like your idea already. very good suggestion. thank you.

5. V1578063651998
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2020

V1578063651998 , Jan 20, 2020 :
    Hey Im Mudit and I love One plus .
    here is an idea that i thought would be pretty cool .
    Its called Warp Charge Dock.
    It is just like a regular warp charger but it has a dock in whick the phone can be placed.
    Even if the phone is kept in the dock it will fast charge.
    If there is no place to keep it it can be plugged into the wall and The phone can be docked.
    Or if u do not wanna connect it to the wall plug u can connect it to your laptop via type-c.
    This dock can also be used as a power bank.
    The slider can control whether the phone should charge via fast charging or normal speed.
    I couldn't present this idea in a proper way but i hope u get the point.

1579542276733.jpg

6. tushar.mokal
    Froyo Jan 21, 2020

tushar.mokal , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Hi Oneplus Team,

Your phones are fantastic, and hence we all love you. Your team is fast in upgrading the system and OS.

I would suggest that now one plus should introduce Smart Band / Activity Tracker with a mid-range price like MI / Honor band.

Thanks & Regards
    Tushar

Mbariah likes this.
  7. devil112
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2020

devil112 , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Oneplus Buds Air

Audio Technology

Active Noise Cancellation
    Adaptive Equaliser
    Vent system for pressure equalisation
    Custom high-excursion driver
    Custom high dynamic range amplifier

Sensors
    Dual beam-forming microphones
    Inward-facing microphone
    Dual optical sensors
    Motion-detecting accelerometer
    Speech-detecting accelerometer

Chip
    latest Qualcomm chip

Controls
    Press once to play, pause or answer a phone call
    Press twice to skip forward
    Press three times to skip back
    Press and hold to switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode
    Say “Hey Siri” / "Ok Google" to do things like play a song, make a call or get directions
    Sweat and Water Resistant
    Sweat and water resistant (IPX4)
    Size and Weight (Each)
    Weight: 5.4 grams (0.19 ounces)

Charging Case
    Works with Qi-certified chargers

Battery (warp charge)
    Oneplus Buds Air

Up to 4.5 hours of listening time with a single charge

Oneplus Buds Air Wireless Charging Case
    More than 24 hours of listening time
    More than 18 hours of talk time
    5 minutes in the case provides around 1 hour of listening time or around 1 hour of talk time

Connectivity
    Bluetooth 5.0

In the Box
    Oneplus Buds Air
    Wireless Charging Case
    Silicone ear tips (three sizes)
    USB-C Cable
    Documentation

Attaching some files for the same hope you like it.

Attached Files:

faisal337 and gauravk999 like this.
  8. THARUN.M
    Froyo Jan 21, 2020

THARUN.M , Jan 21, 2020 :
    My idea is the bullet wireless headphones which will be used as wireless and also connect with only OP phones through type c to type c cable(Wired headphones).now, my innovation for bullet wireless headphones is the neckband contain storage unit. which can save song from phone through file dash and also through data cables. if phone get low charge,we put it for charging and play music through the headphones (music device). Motto is "Uninterrupted music". I love ONEPLUS
    View attachment 1208239

9. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2020

thoma_hawk , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Just read an article about new technology based on Gallium Nitride (GaN) which can make the adapter's significantly smaller. Hopefully this will make it into OnePlus soon (Like you and pretty much everyone, I feel the power brick is one size larger than the one you would like to carry around).

gauravk999 likes this.
  10. PalakGrover_13
    Froyo Jan 21, 2020

PalakGrover_13 , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Yes,hoping OnePlus would come soon with it.

11. C1578641790799
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2020

C1578641790799 , Jan 21, 2020 :
    my story my1+
    I was in my college life when I saw guys using oneplus mobiles nearby me. I didn't knew anything about oneplus.i was thinking it might be the new mobile brand,then one day I started exploring about it.After all I got to know everything...price...............when will I have this device with in my hands..now after 5 long years I get started with my dream phone 1+7t 256gb birthday of my 1+ 20jan20 .I am Happy to have such a ausom gaget..
    1579632437313.jpg
    my designed back case for my oneplus7T hop can I expect this gift from OnePlus and a tempered glass as they have not got any offer while I purchased this product..

12. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jan 21, 2020

Impersonal and colaboy like this.
  13. colaboy
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2020

TibiTibi likes this.
  14. georgeanagnostou
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

15. georgeanagnostou
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

16. gauravk999
    Donut Jan 23, 2020

gauravk999 , Jan 23, 2020 :
    An additional design change which came to my mind:
    All the buttons on the side of the phone like the power button, volume control button and the slider can be embedded inside the phone itself and made touch sensitive. This will make the phone flat from all sides. this would look very sleek and elegant.

17. Ellistar
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2020

18. Ellistar
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2020

Ellistar , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 23, 2020 :
    In all honesty you need two phones now. Yes make the large phone with the huge battery big beautiful screen and wonderful cameras etc but you also need a smaller phone, with a focussed design. Absolutely no bigger than 5.5 inch, good sound, good selfy, one good camera. Long battery. Really tight price. Make it unavoidably compelling.

colaboy likes this.
  19. sidthefreak
    Froyo Jan 24, 2020

sidthefreak , Jan 24, 2020 :
    I can't believe no one has gone in this direction yet...
    I am talking about the Iconic "NEVER SETTLE" t-shirts that are almost synonymous with the OnePlus fan base & Community!
    OnePlus Polo.png
    OnePlus Polo F&B.png

I believe converting it into a Polo would give it a more premium feel & something that fans would love to get their hands on!

puccellino likes this.
  20. MosheG1
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2020

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 24, 2020 :
    maybe adding pressure sensors to the whole phone will be a big benefit, once there are pressure sensor under the screen it will allow for better palm rejection. and won't have any problem of false touches when there is water and grime on the screen as it will only register touches with some sort of force.
    they sell these panels in bill now and the technology will get even cheaper!

combine that with isolated haptic feedback will be awesome, imagine being able to text but instead of the whole phone vibrating each key will and it will feel like an actual key like on a keyboard!

then you can make virtual buttons that you can "click" to allow for other buttons to get scraped and will allow the screen to wrap around the edges giving a greater screen to body ratio all while still having the "buttons" for your volume keys etc.

this will be great for gaming as well! imagine being able to get vibrations in specific parts of your phone like from where you're getting shot and will allow for a more immersive game experience!

this will greatly help people with disabilities!
    imagine being able to "feel" the screen because it vibrates when your fingers pass over specific keys on the screen and it will only vibrate in that area!
    the possibilities of this technology are endless!!!

puccellino and gauravk999 like this.