OnePlus Plus Plus: Redesign a OnePlus Product

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacthak
    Eclair Jan 24, 2020

sacthak , Jan 24, 2020 :
    :-D My apologies. But, it's kind of funny. So I won't edit it.

Starcommander likes this.
  2. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jan 24, 2020

Starcommander , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Ikr 😂
    No apologies needed

3. Amaad369
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

Amaad369 , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Quite a niche attemp but worth a try

How about taking the amazing OnePlus 7T Pro and creating an embedded dual camera setup for the front cameras. But it shouldn't render the ugly Samsung galaxy S10 front cameras which hinder the viewing experience. Alongside that, a wireless charging system which uses light to charge ( with the use of an additional sensor to send light rays to the OnePlus) and an increased battery to compensate for a 120Hz display. All that being encapsulated within a slim and sleek profile.

Hope you like my ideas and I look forward to hearing any suggestions :)

4. Aditya Vardhan Gundla
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

Aditya Vardhan Gundla , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Redesigning Volume and Power control buttons.

How about we replace the physical volume buttons with touch sensors in the OnePlus phones. I have an Xbox console and I like how its controls have some kind of IR touch sensors. If OnePlus could pull that off, the phones would look really awesome and futuristic. The same could be done for the Power button too.

The buttons have been on the smartphones for a long time. We have got rid of every outdated thing in smartphones from Notches to their form-factors. But the buttons are still there, with no change at all. I guess it's time to revolutionize the way the volume and power control buttons look, feel and work. Try making them touch based and remove the protruding physical buttons and replace them with sensors embedded in the body of the smartphone.

gauravk999 likes this.
  5. puma95
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jan 24, 2020

puma95 , Jan 24, 2020 :
    I redesigned the OnePlus Concept One to something I'd like it to be
    Try finding the "hidden" feature :3
    [​IMG]

OneCookieLeft likes this.
  6. OneCookieLeft
    Eclair Jan 25, 2020

OneCookieLeft , Jan 25, 2020 :
    ezgif-7-fcaa18895162.gif
    Yet another low quality 2MB gif :confused:, this one's sped up too, because all the colours in the video mean I can't compress the GIF as much as I normally do - you can see the full version here: https://cookiejarapps.com/oneplus-cam.html.

This idea is for an under screen camera, with a punch hole in the screen and then a small light projector (or a really small LCD with a really bright backlight/a very bright OLED) filling in the pixels inside the hole when the camera isn't in use, so notches or popup cameras would no longer be needed.

Starcommander and puma95 like this.
  7. sanket2001
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2020

sanket2001 , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 26, 2020 :
    After using the bullet wireless 2, I would like to conclude that:

Pros-
    Excellent sound quality

Fast USB-C charging

Amazing ergonomics, super comfortable

Great sound

Long-lasting battery life

Bluetooth 5.0 and aptX HD

Magnetic housings auto play/pause

Cons-

Priced much higher than previous OnePlus Bullets Wireless

No water resistance rating

No official IP certification

• Active noise cancellation should be there

• Connecting to a OnePlus device should be convenient, as those in airpods in which we get a pop up

8. puma95
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jan 26, 2020

puma95 , Jan 26, 2020 :
    cool animation!!
    What tools did you used to do that, I'd like to learn about animating stuff :3

Starcommander likes this.
  9. OneCookieLeft
    Eclair Jan 26, 2020

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020

puma95 and Vesko G. like this.
  10. ComputerNerd323
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2020

ComputerNerd323 , Jan 26, 2020 :
    I had an idea for the OnePlus 7T Pro so that it is more different from the 7 Pro, design wise. It should be at the bottom of this comment.

The cameras are in a circular cut-out, in order to give continuity to the 7T line of products. The cameras are all equally spaced from one another inside this cut-out and (although you cannot see it) a ring flash is around the top main camera. I've adjusted the colouring so it is less dramatic and more subtle, and I've made the OnePlus logo slightly harder to see, for aesthetics reasons. The front design is the same as on the actual product.
    Untitled.png

Impersonal likes this.
  11. Temka Bayar
    Donut Jan 26, 2020

Temka Bayar , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 26, 2020 :
    Maybe it is time that we phase out volume button from OnePlus phones. we'll still have our almighty notification slider and the power button. the volume adjustments can be made through a gesture near the top left of the screen. Maybe OnePlus should spearhead this and the apples and samsungs will folow.

gauravk999 likes this.
  12. Lnicoletti
    Froyo Jan 27, 2020

Lnicoletti , Jan 27, 2020 :
    They actually are wireless, just not 'true' wireless ;)

13. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jan 27, 2020

Overzee , Jan 27, 2020 :
    The Problem:
    In a desperate attempt to get my wife switching from an Apple iPhone 8 to a OnePlus phone I needed to come up with some clever stuff. This particular OnePlus phone needs to address the following ‘issues’:

The size:
    One of the biggest complains about the current OnePlus phones is the size. According to her the phone is too big to fit her jeans. OK women’s jeans aren’t equipped with big pockets, but I didn’t know how big of small they actually are. I started digging into this and found some interesting article on The Verge: “Science confirms that women’s pockets suck for smartphones”. Another article (The Pudding) was mentioned in this article, which did the math, so I looked it up and I couldn’t believe my eyes! The article stated after researching 80 types of male/female jeans that: ”On average, the pockets in women’s jeans are 48% shorter and 6.5% narrower than men’s pockets”. So we need to check out the size of a ‘lady-jeans-friendly’ OnePlus phone.

The weight:
    Another thing is the weight of the current phones, they are not heavy but they’re definitely not light. Reducing the size will reduce they weight of the phone, but an additional investigation in reducing the phones weight by using lighter components or other clever stuff will be a good thing.

The camera:
    Although the camera-quality has became a lot better in the past couple of years, there are still areas of improvement. I think that this has been mentioned enough in other community topics, so i won’t dig too deep into this.

The specs:
    I will cover the most important specs for this phone:
    Display: 120Hz Fluid Display, as mentioned earlier in the Deep Dive
    Processor: The latest Snapdragon (855+ or higher)
    Back cameras: Triple camera with the camera setup of the OnePlus 7T (the circular design)
    Front camera: due to the weight reduction i'll stay with the notch, but keep it as small as possible
    Battery and charging: 3800+mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T capabilities.
    Dimensions: a smaller body, I think the dimensions of the OnePlus X will be a great example for the size of this phone; length: 140mm, width: 69mm, height: 7mm. This means the phone will fit at least 8 times more in a lady jeans pocket compared to the larger OnePlus 7T Pro.
    Weight: aiming for a weight between 130-160 grams.

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-26 om 17.15.06.png

I want to name this new OnePlus model: the OnePlus 8F as in Feather of Featherlight.

When you take a good look at a birds feather you’ll notice the sheer quality. The build quality, the detail and the colours of the feather are almost ‘out of this world’. The same build quality, eye for detail and a versatile use in color are the key components for this phone. I want to propose subtle feather image on the back of the phone (like the back image of the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren edition), but it needs to be really subtle and it must ‘fuse’ with the colour of the phone. It must feel as if a real feather is inlaid under the glass panel at the back of the phone. When the weight of the phone has been reduced between the aim of 130-160 grams it will feel great, a feather-like feel compared to the current weight of a 'normal' mobile phone.

featherGenerator_featherSread_pWire_v2_jOM7zfT kopie.jpg

14. Larskon
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2020

Larskon , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 27, 2020 :
    Hello OnePlus Community!

I really like tech and love seeing things develop over time. But there is one innovative technology I am very interested in and would love to see in future products: Graphene Batteries!
    As OnePlus is one of the most forward pushing companies I know it would really fit the DNA of OnePlus.

1580168399299.jpg

What makes Graphene Batteries so special?
    Graphene batteries combine the advantages of both batteries and supercapacitors, so the result is a battery with high capacity and fast charging capabilities.
    There are currently a handful of Graphene Powerbanks, which can fully charge a 5000mAh Batterie in just under 20 minutes. This is more than 3 times faster than charging the OnePlus 7t Pro with Warp Charge 30t (and it only charges ≈4100mAh).

Graphene Batteries are also known for having a greater lifespan compared to Lithium batteries, which is in our current world with the need of being environmentally friendly very important.

For OnePlus this improvement could not only shape the smartphone industry, but the battery industry as a whole. If more manufacturers adapt to this technology, a market for Graphene Batteries will develop and it will make them more attractive for mass producers, thus they will get cheaper.

NEVER SETTLE

With best regards
    Lars Ippen

15. Larskon
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2020

Larskon , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Impressive drawing skills!

16. rscuteram
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

rscuteram , Jan 28, 2020 :
    hello I'm new to one plus and I have a 7t and I think there should be a 3.5mm jack to connect an ear phones because some people cannot afford an blootooth ear phones I think you have think about this not now but in upcoming versions.

THANK YOU

puccellino likes this.
  17. TheMemSooprem
    Donut Jan 28, 2020

TheMemSooprem , Jan 28, 2020 :
    1580180684882.jpg

1580180684932.jpg
    For my concept I found that while OnePlus has focused on cameras, there has never been a camera-centered OnePlus phone. So I’ve decided to create a device for the specific purpose media creation. A camera centered phone could provide users with the image quality of a professional camera and the convenience of a smartphone.

The device would use a 6.7 inch AMOLED screen with a 90 hertz refresh rate and resolution of QHD+, similar to the excellent OnePlus 7 pro’s screen. The device would sport a thin double-camera notch with a similar size to the notch of the 7t, only twice the width. This notch would contain a standard wide and an ultra-wide angle camera. The rear of the device would have a small module to the left of the back that would contain a telephoto and ultra-wide camera. The main lens (64 megapixels) would be in the center surrounded by a docking ring which would work in tandem with the set of connectors to the right of the main lens.

This docking ring is the main innovation of the device, and it would allow the phone to take unique photos. This docking mechanism could allow for lenses of different focal lengths to be attached to the phone, so, for example, a macro lens could be simply attached to the phone and the main camera would use a combination of the new optical image and computational photography to create a macro image. This process could be done with a variety of other lenses, such as wider angle ultra-wides, x10 optical telephoto lenses, or even specialized modules. These modules would use the set of connectors on the back of the device to do more than just the average lens.

In the above image, an Infrared night vision camera and a thermal camera are shown. The infrared module would allow a user to film a nightscape video, and the thermal module would allow a user to see the world through an orange to blue color gradient that changes depending on the temperature of an object. A user could also focus on an object to see its current temperature. These specialized modules would twist on like any other lenses, and the ribbon connector would be effortlessly connected with a magnet.

Because I felt the red OnePlus accent color doesn’t get enough love, the frame of the device is red anodized aluminium, with a frosted red back glass with the same shimmering effect present on both the 7 pro and 7t. The device would support the most recent warp charging, and would use a 5000 mAh to ensure that a user could use the device for a full day of photography. The phone would also use a headphone jack, so any manner of audio equipment could used.

This device would bridge the gap between professional cameras and smartphone cameras. This means that with a variation of modules, a picture could be taken from all manners of angles and perspectives.

TL;DR -- it's a modular camera phone that supports both optical and electronic camera modules.

Starcommander and thoma_hawk like this.
  18. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2020

thoma_hawk , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Given how expensive the camera lenses are, I really wouldn't want more expensive accessories (that I really don't need but can't resist after seeing what others capture with it). Though the idea of interchangeable lens was already shared, your post has a bit more thought added to it about how it could be done. Hopefully that is enough to make this a valid entry.

To me, I prefer what Google does. Let the software do the magic. OnePlus has the hardware for some serious post processing. Wish Google made the pixel camera app public (that will be instant death for pixel but will make every Android phone a whole lot more competitive infront of an iPhone).

19. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2020

thoma_hawk , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Yes OnePlus, an adapter in the box please.

20. UDS_6667_Captain
    Eclair Jan 28, 2020