OnePlus Plus Plus: Redesign a OnePlus Product

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie146
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2019

2. Vesko G.
    Froyo Dec 21, 2019

Vesko G. , Dec 21, 2019 :
    I hope OnePlus can design the perfect smartphone. It will have no notch and no punch hole cameras. An under display camera will be ideal but I am concerned that the image quality won't be the best because of the layer of the screen that is above the camera and the color reproduction of the pixels above the camera may not be accurate. I think the technology is not developed enough. Instead I suggest a thin top bezel with a slight curve to allow just enough space in the middle for the camera. This way there is no need for notch in the screen. Next to the camera to the right (on the picture) or the left is the proximity sensor. It should be sensitive to movements more than 5 cm away from the phone so that the phone won't be activated while in the pocket or in a bag.

Also the phone will have no physical buttons. Instead of power button the phone can be activated by a double tap, a screen gesture or a movement detected by the proximity sensor. Having no physical power button will prevent the phone from accidentally being turned off when being put in a phone holder in a car or a gimbal. Instead of the physical volume buttons there will be on screen volume control that can be activated by swiping from the right.

Also the phone will have no SIM tray but instead will use an eSIM. Also the phone will have no USB-C port and no headphone jack. It will have fast wireless charging instead. This way it will be easy to make the phone completely waterproof.

The back of the phone will be transparent showing the wireless charging coil and some of the internal components. Two of the cameras will be in a horizontal line with the flash below and the the third camera below the flash. The 3 cameras will be a main sensor (at least 48MP, hopefully more), 5x or 10x zoom lens and ultrawide lens.

OnePlus.png

I hope that the phone will retain the in-screen fingerprint reader. Face recognition will be good as an option but not must-have.

I really like OnePlus will like my design and will make my dream phone.

3. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

thoma_hawk , Dec 21, 2019 :
    OnePlus should make very thin cable for that I guess (like the adapter's thin cable). The port faces downwards so I guess an additional accessory which lets you use them as wired headphones while (reverse) charging it through the phones port is what you suggested. Nice.

persontunes and G_plusone like this.
  4. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Seems you improved it so much that you ended up designing OnePlus bullets 3 :D

5. Kleb32
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Kleb32 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 21, 2019 :
    I wish you could make a On plus phone with a 5.7 inch screen with a 3100mah battery. Perhaps include a headphone jack and a Oneolus 6t notch or punch hole.

raj.vardhan21 likes this.
  6. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Hmm... what if the panel doubled up as a cap or hat :p I was wondering why you wanted them concealed since it could charge when you are actually wearing them. Where I'm from, the sun has you from any angle :D

buntycubal and Anshu3110 like this.
  7. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Should happen soon enough. Oppo had showcased the tech recently.

buntycubal likes this.
  8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Yes a thin braided cable would be great but the durability of the USB c connection points must be made good

buntycubal and MosheG1 like this.
  9. abidbunny
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2019

abidbunny , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    1576938629402.jpg

his design for neck band but if oneplus make a cable with type C port at oneside and other side it devides into 2 and have magnet which stick with earphone (truely wireless) at charging point of theml

10. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Ah.. my idea is similar. But I'll post it soon anyway since it is conceptually a bit different (maybe).

BlackKnight2332 likes this.

thoma_hawk and G_plusone like this.
  12. abidbunny
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2019

abidbunny , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 21, 2019 :

I am talking about this thread

G_plusone likes this.
  13. THARUN.M
    Froyo Dec 21, 2019

THARUN.M , Dec 21, 2019 :
    .it is not safe because if we drive a bike ,the air will push the truly wireless headphones. but wired connection is also not possible because if we insert pin in truly wireless headphones,more space required.tgan size will increase and make uncomfortable.but I appreciate your ideas.

cdnfarmer, MosheG1 and thoma_hawk like this.
  14. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Another idea I had bites the dust :D. I guess case designers (lot of third parties) will have to make the power button clear which might drive up their cost. It is interesting when you think about why simple stuff isn't being thought about, and then when you look closely you see glimpses of some of the why's.... I'm loving this thread so much.. ;)

15. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Hmm.. It doesn't exist so you may not win anything but it's great to know what the community wants.

MosheG1 likes this.
  16. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

I would hate (I don't like the brick already) if any more bulk was added to the charger.

17. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 21, 2019 :
    That Could work too I suppose :D

buntycubal likes this.
  18. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Doesn't exist so you may not win anything. But good to know that members wish for more product lines. But I'm not sure if they should do this unless it betters the OnePlus device experience any better. Maybe OnePlus can partner with someone like JBL or Logitech and make a co-branded special edition.

19. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Seeing how easily the magnets in my OP2 detach I don't think we would get to see this idea realized any time soon. But very nice indeed.

20. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Good luck putting them on your pocket or holding them if the jack is on the sides (Would need an L shaped plug which is not common).