OnePlus Plus Plus: Redesign a OnePlus Product

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 21, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 21, 2019 :
    I have 3 ideas...
    1. Interchangeable charging pins
    So there are situations when we have to travel to a different country and the biggest problem that most of us face is that the charger doesn't fit the sockets because it's not the same format... The best way to get around this can be having a charging brick with interchangeable pins, and the additional pins can be sold online...
    [​IMG]

2. Retractable Pins
    The charger pins are the worst part of a charger when it comes to carrying them, they poke everything... Make them retractable, so that we can carry the brick as a brick... ;)
    [​IMG]

3. Camera lens
    We all need multiple cameras to capture multiple objects, and one way to do that is join the band wagon and give 5-6 cameras, even those won't be enough to satisfy them all...
    And that is why people buy additional lens, but those are too hard to manage and take time to adjust...
    Why not give 2 cameras and additional lens (either on the phone or as an additional case)
    [​IMG]
    Also, you can leave one of the port free, so that even more addition lens can be added (Can be purchased) or 3rd party developers can create their own lenses...

2. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

thoma_hawk , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Why not 5000mah battery with the same size and weight of a 2000maH battery. I guess battery technology needs a breakthrough and it could be the next game changer.

colaboy, persontunes and TibiTibi like this.
  3. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Common... I thought the same thing :D Now don't post anything here till I do. :p

MosheG1 likes this.
  4. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2019

MosheG1 and G_plusone like this.
  5. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Maybe it's better to buy adapter's that would help with lot of stuff (camera chargers, laptop chargers......). Even better if all counties agreed to make a standard.

Retractable pins could be nice (though most of the ones I have seen are finicky).

Sony made an attempt with a bluetooth lens module (I think) and failed miserably (overpriced and didn't work as expected). But it was a good idea (Moto mods did something similar with modular lens stuff I guess).

buntycubal, Anshu3110 and MosheG1 like this.
  6. JalananFreak
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2019

JalananFreak , Dec 21, 2019 :
    it did exist once. way back in oneplus one or two i dont know. but i knew it exist once but they stopped its production.

would be great to see a comeback in that field. plus other powerbanks out there doesnt support dash charging or warp charging so it sucks.

didnt really expect to win. just shouting out some opinion tho

thoma_hawk likes this.
  7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 21, 2019 :
    This is a Cool idea Gopu ;)

buntycubal and GopalB. like this.
  8. Kleb32
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Kleb32 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Ofcourse i would want this but battery technology has not yet evolved. If one could fit 5000mah for such a size it would have the best battery life on an Android smartphone today.

9. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Ah.. so it seems. Didn't know about it, my bad. Like you (and many others) I would like to see a sleek power bank with fast charging as well (With news about public charging ports being tampered with to inject malicious stuff it makes sense to carry one).

cdnfarmer, MosheG1 and JalananFreak like this.
  10. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

We are imagining here, so no limits :D

But yeah, you would love to see a lighter OP (which might be realized soon if rumours can be believed).

MosheG1 likes this.
  11. Kleb32
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Kleb32 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 21, 2019 :
    I would buy such a oneolus phone with combined with 120hz display and excellent cameras

12. GopalB. , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Moto mod was additional camera sensor all together...
    My idea is just lenses that can be given on case or the phone itself...
    Instead of increasing the price it can help with decreasing the price as now you just need two sensors instead of 4-6... Rest are just lens...

buntycubal and thoma_hawk like this.
  13. N1576942078209
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2019

N1576942078209 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Please add some function the selfie camera more beautify, skin tone smoothing,tone brighting,dark circle removing etc,please,i am using oneplus 7T

14. nirmaljoel24
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2019

15. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 21, 2019

meatandy , Dec 21, 2019 :
    My first big idea would be to make a buttonless handset with screen off gestures for volume , alert slider , power on/off capabilities ,
    I then would choose to redesign the new OnePlus handset which would incorporate a flat/flush magnetic charging port area , the charging cable would magnetically connect to the handsets charging area at virtually any angle.
    And a brighter flashlight as a bonus.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019

16. script
    Nougat Moderator Dec 21, 2019

script , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Very good ideas, all three of them

18. smartyn13r
    Froyo Dec 21, 2019

smartyn13r , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    OnePlus makes these cheap USB C to Stereo Jack Female and sell it for unrealistic price
    I think they should braid these like I did to increase durability and reduce the price. Most important of all keep it in stock for us to buy.
    1576954973204.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020

19. Magical maheshwari , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Hey Oneplus! I hope you start making Official designer Cases like Batman, Superman, Some Music related stuff on the case , some badass Graphics related to a guy playing music or listening to music, Suppose i love Photography i will love a case which includes some Photography Graphics to it, i will love if you start making them as a official Case..i will love to buy one :)

MosheG1 likes this.
  20. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Dec 21, 2019

TibiTibi , Dec 21, 2019 :
    I'm still thinking about a oneplus with jack socket.
    I'm sure it is a good feature.