Oneplus Q1 TV display issue via OnePlus Community App

1. ashokrajadurai , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 9, 2021 :
    Hello Team,

I have issue with my OnePlus TV. The display is cracked.

I had several discussions with OnePlus customer service but of no use.

I had purchased the OnePlus Q1 TV on Aug 10, 2020 from Amazon. We were very much satisfied with the quality and performance of the TV. Especially it was our main source of entertainment considering pandemic and lockdown situation.

On Dec 23, 2020, my daughter and I played a PS4 game and switched off the TV before going to bed. When I switched on the TV next morning, there were lot of lines in display.

Post that, same day (Dec 24, 2020) I spoke customer care person and raised a Service Request (Reference ID: APZJFUMDJMO0).

When I checked the status of my request in OnePlus Care App, I noticed that the service was closed without even visiting my place or speaking to me over phone.

I was very much upset and escalated the issues to OnePlus customer care. The customer
    care representative helped me create another ticket on Dec 28, 2020 (Reference ID: 5TKDPPCFVY26).

After 2 followup with customer care, Mr. Shivu from QDIGI spoke to me over phone and asked me to send photo of the TV.

On receipt of the photo called me and said that the display panel is damaged and it is not covered under warranty.

I requested him to come in person and physically check the TV before arriving at any conclusion. Post that he visited home, switched on the TV and repeated the same. (Panel is damaged. Not covered in warranty and i need to avail paid service to get it replaced)

When I asked him how can he arrive at such conclusion without even checking how it happened and not touching the TV to verify physical damage, he called another person Mr. Prasad (Partner of QDIGI). I explained the issue and other details however, he also mentioned that the display panel is damaged and it is not covered under warranty.

When I asked him how can it be physical damaged when there in not a single scratch in front or back of the television, he had no answers. He said that he cannot help any further apart from paid service.

Post that I had spoken to customer service again and another ticket is created. Another technician spoke to me by name Prasad. He said that my service is declined as it is a physical damage. When I asked him how can he confirm without checking the product. He said that he had seen the photos that I shared with previous technician. He demanded INR 1200 as service charge to visit my place.

I had again escalated this issue to customer service and requested them to send an experienced technician with proper credentials.

Though I demanded talking to senior person in customer service, the customer service person refused to transfer the call and he said that oneplus do not have such facility. When I checked with him on contact details of "Grievance Redressal" of OnePlus, he gave me this community details.

@OnePlus Team, if you are reading this post, please understand my agony and also note that negligence / attitude of customer service / technicians of this kind will seriously spoil your credibility.

Hence I am requesting your help me get the TV repaired under warranty or replaced.

Regards, Ashok

View attachment 1529598

View attachment 1529597

Dukearyan likes this.
  2. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Jan 9, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jan 9, 2021 :
    Personally just by looking at it I would guess some force was applied somewhere that caused the damage. So I'm not surpriced that they think it has been a physical damage too. You don't nessesarilly need a physical mark or scratch to crack a screen. It could be a bend or flex of the materials. Take a football for example in a corner of the screen. Could shatter at lot. But not nessesarilly leave a mark.

This would be a tricky situation.
    Looks like physical damage. You say it's not.
    Your words against their conclusion based on the damage look.
    It's very difficult to prove that nothing happened to the TV. Even if dismantled it would probably look like some type of force was the cause.

It sucks I know but do you have an ensurance that might cover something?

3. ashokrajadurai , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 9, 2021 :
    No there was no insurance offered when I bought the TV. I never had this issue with Sony Bravia that had before. I used it for almost 5 years without any problem. That was 40" and thought of upgrading to latest technology.

I am feeling helpless :( very expensive learning..

Starcommander likes this.
  4. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 9, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 9, 2021 :
    The photos you have posted clearly show the panel is damaged physically.
    Clearly something has hit it on the lower center part where the lines form.

Let's be honest.
    The brand of the TV or the manufacturer has nothing to do with your issue.

Venky61 and Starcommander like this.
  5. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 9, 2021

Venky61 and Starcommander like this.
  6. ashokrajadurai , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 9, 2021 :
    No. there was no physical damage at all. In fact I did not even clean the glass as it was not dusty and the kids are grownup to do something like that.

Moreover if it is a physical damage, why would I fight it to this extent?

8. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 9, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 9, 2021 :
    Yeah they are still not going to confess hitting your brand new TV even if they accidentally hit it while playing or something.

The break lines converging to a single point indicates physical damage.
    If the panel dies , it would normally show continous vertical lines without any breaks or black areas where it is completely dead.

Goodluck with your claim.

Venky61 likes this.
  10. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 9, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 9, 2021 :
    You can still see the point where the cracks start to originate just the same.

11. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Jan 9, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jan 9, 2021 :
    With that look on the damage you would practically need a security system that is impossible to fiddle with that recorded the self-destructive screen crack on it's own.

Similar to waking up by the sound of a smashed window in your house or car. No object proving someone tossed something at it. Nobody have seen anything. No monitoring system recorded anything. In what scenario would it be possible to assume and say that a manufacturing flaw instead of sabotage or a burglary attempt? Bulletproof glas perhaps?

Tokolozi likes this.

13. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Jan 10, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jan 10, 2021 :
    Can you be 100% sure none of them are lying? If you were the company paying for it. Would you believe every single case with no proof what so ever? It's a very tricky situation when it looks like a physical damage... We would practically need a world like the movie "The Invention of Lying" to get away with such a damage.
    (A world where nobody can lie. They are simply not capable of it. Until one guy suddenly can. EVERYTHING he say is instantly believed not matter how crazy it is. Because why not. In that world nobody understands what a lie is.)

Not saying you are lying... But the situation is tricky regardless.

Venky61 likes this.
  14. ashokrajadurai , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 10, 2021 :
    If so many cases are getting reported, the manufacturer should check the quality of product or how this can be avoided from technical perspective rather than pointing fingers at the consumers.

Let's see what OnePlus has to say in this case of mine 🤞.

15. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 10, 2021

Venky61 , Jan 10, 2021 :
    Sorry for jumping in late... As rightly said by @Swejuggalo it's a very tricky situation. Many of the users you are saying reported might lying to claim warranty, whereas in reality it was due their mistake. It all depends on whether the OEM would want to believe it or not. Keeping that aside, it was ill of the service team to cancel the request first time and saying it's physical damage without any physical visit. Be whatever it is, they should personally visit and conclude/resolve the issue. I really hope the TV service team keep these 3rd party service executives answerable for such actions.
    @ashokrajadurai With the experience of following up one to two similar cases on the forum, I would suggest you to be prepared for paying the service fee. I still escalated your case to the team, will update here if I get any response from them.

I would not agree with this. I have myself moved the Q1 pro more than couple of times and there's has been not damage. You yourself are saying that it's untouched, then how can fragile lead to damage without a touch. If what you are saying is 100% true, then it could be a case of defective panel that happens with any brand. It's just a matter of luck on who gets those units.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  16. arsalan.aarib
    Eclair Jan 15, 2021

arsalan.aarib , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 15, 2021 :
    Recently I purchased Oneplus Q1 55 inch TV and have also pre-ordered Sony PlayStation 5. The Sony PlayStation 5 supports 4K 120fps. Can I connect the PlayStation 5 to HDMI ARC to get 4K 120fps?
    Also, is Oneplus planning to release new update specially for PlayStation 5?

Thanks.

17. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 15, 2021

Venky61 , Jan 15, 2021 :
    Hey,
    No, you can't get 4K 120fps on the 1+TV. We can hope that maybe the next variants of 1+TV would support that.