OnePlus Q1 TV SPDIF/TosLink Bluetooth Audio lag

1. SunjaySingh
    Donut Oct 23, 2019

SunjaySingh , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Hello OnePlus Community,

i had bought the OnePlus TV from Amazon.in on the day of launch, it was delivered and installed at my place by technician on 2nd october 2019.
    i found that the home theatre has audio lag connected to TV over SPDIF TosLink, i was able to fix it using the SPDIF Delay.
    i was amused to see the alluring picture and audio quality from OnePlus TV.

i had a thought to check it over Bluetooth Headphones and found that there is audio lag when input source are from HDMI, i am having HDMI 1 (Amazon Firetv) and HDMI 3 (Tata Sky DTH). so far i have validated the bluetooth connection by 4 headphones (Sony,Boat,Tagg Inferno and Bose).
    all 4 bluetooth headphones were exhibiting audio lag when input is from any HDMI source, but there were no audio lag over inbuilt application such as Prime,Youtube,Zee5.

i have asked oneplus customer support and they suggested to write it on community.

Steps taken to troubleshoot are explained below.

1) Reset the audio settings to Default - No Change.
    2) Reset the TV to Factory settings - No Change.
    3) "set audio delay to full" from sound settings - No Change
    4) disable "ultra smoothning" - No Change
    5) Amazon technician inspected the tv - suggested for the replacement.
    6) Replacement done by amazon, new tv has the same problem.

now after all these troubleshooting and replacements it look to be an OS/Software problem from OnePlus, and need to get it fixed. please help!

-Sanjay

jadejaharjeetsinh likes this.
  2. SunjaySingh
    Donut Oct 28, 2019

3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 28, 2019

Venky61 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Hey... This is a user forum... OnePlus team won't be replying. It's better to post here if you want Oneplus Team to answer
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Now coming to your query. Yes, there's an audio delay right now in Bluetooth Connections. Hopefully would be rectified in the next update.

4. Rick Y.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Nov 1, 2019

Rick Y. , Nov 1, 2019 :
    << Can you provide the sound output settings of the HDMI device (may be found in HDMI device > settings > audio out)? Also try to select other audio out options (such as PCM) for HDMI devices to see if the sound delay problem has improved?

Venky61 likes this.
  5. Harikanthjayapal
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2019

6. SunjaySingh
    Donut Feb 20, 2020

SunjaySingh , Feb 20, 2020 :
    This issue was still a problem after oneplus tv software update, but it is now fixed after google updated the tv services software. Now there is no lag/delay over bluetooth, cheers

Malkeet84 and Venky61 like this.
  7. B1572364758334
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2020

B1572364758334 , Apr 24, 2020 :
    need help on multiple issues that I am facing on my one plus tv.

a) I don't have browser to browse Internet, please sir suggest the right aap to download from play store

b) though I was able to connect my one plus bullet ear plug with one plus tv, but I am unable to use it for longer time s as the voice starts cracking after some time, I did tried using other e at plug n the issue remains same.

c) every time whenever I switched on my tv it all to download hotstar n mix player

d) I m facing the same challenge with remote aswell. I mean after some time it gets disconnected and then gets connect d automatically so I presume that I have a issue with my one plus tv blue tooth.

request to assist.

thanks in advance

Malkeet84 and Amanrae like this.

Malkeet84 and ajeet89 like this.
  9. SunjaySingh
    Donut Jul 21, 2020

SunjaySingh , Jul 21, 2020 :
    Guys it is a general feedback about cracking sound and delay while using bluetooth neckband/earphones with oneplus tv, mostly all of the bluetooth neckband exhibit lag validated with sony, boat, boult and bose sound bars.

I am wildly guessing it is because of the antenna gain or weak processing power of bluetooth neckband. Google services calculate this gain and adjust the drivers. if you go to settings>apps>see all>system apps>bluetooth> and clear cache/clear data, it will fix the cracking sound for some time and resurface within minutes/hours depending on the bluetooth neckband/earphones brand. my older boat rockerz 600 was working fine with oneplus Q1 TV and there was no lag/cracking sound after firmware upgrade unfortunately i lost it, sad! recently bought the upgraded version of the same called as boat rockerz 610 from flipkart costing 1999 INR, and trust me it has no lag or cracking sound, you may wana give it a try.

Regards
    Sunjay

10. ajeet89
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

ajeet89 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Cant be week processing power of bluetooth neckbands it has something to do with Tv hardware or software. As I have tried 3 neckbands V-Moda Forza wireless with aptx, oneplus bullet wireless 2 with aptx hd and 1more ibfree. All having same issue with 55U1 cracking sound + lag. All the bands works flawlessly with oneplus 6 phone. Oneplus has to address this issue ASAP along with Casting issue.

11. SunjaySingh
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

SunjaySingh , Jul 23, 2020 :
    I am not disagreeing with oneplus has to fix the audio delay/crackling sound over bluetooth, they must be doing it since october 2019 lol, i am just providing the workarounds.

Sunjay

Malkeet84 and ajeet89 like this.
  12. N1570251368117
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

N1570251368117 , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Same issue with my Phillips home theatre. Bluetooth audio lag.

Also, I have RCA output from my Home theatre. Which cable should I use to connect it with OnePlus TV?

13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jul 28, 2020

Venky61 , Jul 28, 2020 :
    You mean RCA input or output? If your Home theatre has HDMI ARC or Optical Input, that would be the best way to connect other than Bluetooth.

14. N1570251368117
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

N1570251368117 , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 28, 2020 :
    RCA input. Which cable should I use?

RCA to HDMI ARC?

15. Venky61

Venky61 , Jul 28, 2020 :
    You can't take HDMI ARC.
    You can get the Digital Output from Optical Port of the TV to a Convertor that converts to analog (RCA) output. You can try a converter like this. You can see in this product that the first review is by a OnePlus TV user with Philips Home Theatre only.

N1570251368117 likes this.
  16. N1570251368117
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  17. Venky61

Venky61 , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Most welcome... Do let us know your experience.

18. Vivek Haldiya
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020

Vivek Haldiya , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Same issue. Connected with Bose Soundtouch 20(two of them) - audio lag
    Looking to buy a home theatre. Any one using a home theatre with OnePlus Tv (either optical cable or HDMI Arc) and absolute lag?

19. SunjaySingh
    Donut Aug 10, 2020

SunjaySingh , Aug 10, 2020 :

Hello Vivek,

from last 2 years i am using Logitech Z 906 multimedia home theater system, trust me it is a beast home theater system and beats easily to sony/lg/samsung even JBL its woofer is that powerful that half of the volume and you can feel the thump below your back if sitting on a couch. it has 2 Optical inputs which can be used with TOSLink cables, it does not have bluetooth but has 6 input lines. i bought it 2 years ago Diwali sale from amazon for around 18K and now it is getting sold for around 28K, if you want to wait till price reduces better; otherwise i would suggest you to have a custom home theater with Amplifiers and good custom 5.1/7.1 per your need, do good research before investing.
    good audio + good TV = better video and viewing experience.

- Sunjay

20. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 11, 2020

Venky61 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hey,
    There is audio lag experienced if used with Bluetooth, but I am not facing any lag with Optical or ARC. If you have any more queries related to Home Theatre System, feel free to ping me.