OnePlus quietly collecting user data via OnePlus 6T

1. Surendra Jha
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2020

Surendra Jha , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 26, 2020 :
    I am wondering why my phone is sometimes hang and lagging and I noticed that might be because of some services running in background and when it runs the phone started lagging.

can someone explain the reason behind the Phone lagging and if thia is correct then why OnePlus collecting users data ?

2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 26, 2020

camohan , Feb 26, 2020 :
    Would you be able to explain how did you reach to a conclusion that if something is running in background, OnePlus is collecting users data ? That's a big statement and i hope you have enough logic to reach to that.

There are always apps running in the background, in similar way a human continues to breath when he or she is asleep. Just like human requires a working capability while asleep, phone require resources to make sure it's functioning properly.

When a phone lags, most of the times it's a poorly executed app which is not properly compatible with latest version of Android. When a phone lags, it requires more resources to execute the process and therefore something has to run in the background to ensure that.

The time when phone used to lag due to low memory is gone with 8Gb ram.

3. Surendra Jha
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2020

I understand that phone also required to breath.

but I am getting notification about collection logs in progress. what kind of data is being collecting.

can you explain on this ?

suraj1595 likes this.
  4. camohan

camohan , Feb 26, 2020 :
    Now that is making more sense.

The logs could refer to bugs that is being captured when you phone lags.

You can find this under systems, developers options.
    Screenshot_20200226-090340.jpg
    If you want to turn it off, you to settings, developer's options, and turn off the ticks under get log section.

Caomhin likes this.
  5. Surendra Jha
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2020

thanks for the information,
    but there is no option for turn off under get log, but development mode.
    will it be fix by disabling development mode utsey ?

do you also facing the issue of lagging the phone sometimes suddenly?

6. camohan

camohan , Feb 26, 2020 :
    I think you can disable it by going to Settings, Experience improvement program and unchecking what you do not want. This option is available when you first set-up your new device, so if you would have agreed that time, it might be on.

On the second question, No i do not face lags, I used to occasionally due to buggy Whatsapp and Chrome. I shifted to whatsapp beta and its good now, chrome issue is also no longer because they probably updated their app.

Caomhin and Kytharsis like this.
  7. _MarcoJ
    Eclair Feb 26, 2020

_MarcoJ , Feb 26, 2020 :
    Which services caused lagging?