Oneplus reality via OnePlus 5

1. truelier750
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

truelier750 , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Hello oneplus my self aman jain() i am using oneplus 8 pro i purchased this from amazon on 18 june 2020 and it delivered me on 19june 2020 and after few days when i remove mobile cover(which is given by oneplus) i saw that body paint become peel off and after that i sent mail on this on 25 june 2020 but yet no solution provided by oneplus amd my handset also submitted in rohini m2k service center from 4july2020 till date they also don't have any solution
    Such a nice service given by oneplus to there customer

Edit by moderator SoniaB

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2020

Naveen.G and G_Deepak_Jhala_tisZ like this.
  2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jul 9, 2020

Liehjan , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Why does it say out of warranty? Did the service center mark this paint peeling off as physical damage?
    upload_2020-7-9_14-46-1.png

Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  3. truelier750
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 9, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 9, 2020 :
    hey,

this is an user forum, not an official support platform.
    @SoniaB/@camohan, is this something where you can help?

Batman360 and Liehjan like this.
  5. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jul 9, 2020

Horsault , Jul 9, 2020 :
    This is strange. OP8 series devices are supposed to have a mass-tainted glass back.
    Do you have pics?

Batman360, Liehjan and Dresa91 like this.
  6. truelier750
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

No i don't take a picture but i call the service center and ask them to send the pictures

7. Madnezz4Ever , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 9, 2020 :
    The dots are more then likely caused by stuff getting in-between the case and the phones back and as a result taking off some of the clear coat finish that protects the glass from some scratches.

The color scheme that you see is actually on the other side of the glass and is more then likely a sticker.

You should also take down the pictures that contain personal info, which you should never post on a public forum.

Now people have your name, address, phone number and email address.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020

Liehjan, SoniaB and Dresa91 like this.
  8. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 9, 2020

SoniaB , Jul 9, 2020 :
    @truelier750 I have edited your post plus any replies quoting your post and removed your attachments as they contain personal information such as your address. Please do not post data sensitive information on a public platform.

In relation to your issue, as @Madnezz4Ever has stated, the chipping could well be cause by dirt between the case and device or debris in pockets/bags (if you are not using a case) and therefore will be deemed to be a wear and tear issue and not subject to in-warranty repair/replacement.
    Your job sheet also indicated network issues which may well be investigated by the repair centre. You should speak to them directly as to what repairs they are undertaking.

Additionally, most of the service centres (those not closed due to local lockdown restrictions) are still working at a lower capacity due to the pandemic and so they have inspected your device within 4 working days. That's actually pretty good given the circumstances.

@Dresa91 for now, I would not consider this an escalation

Liehjan, Dresa91 and Batman360 like this.
  9. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 9, 2020

Dresa91 , via OnePlus 3 Soft Gold , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Okay, thank you:)
    just wanted to be sure:)

SoniaB likes this.
  10. truelier750
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

I use oneplus brand cover which is given by one plus in the box

11. truelier750
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

I use cover which is given by oneplus in the box

12. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 9, 2020

SoniaB , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Yes, but that won't stop small debris from getting trapped between the device and the case.
    In fact, they can happen with any device and case.
    Truth is that it's not a hardware fault so wouldn't be considered as an in-warranty repair

Liehjan and Dresa91 like this.
  13. truelier750
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

14. Madnezz4Ever , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Unless you're constantly cleaning the back of your phone and the inside of the case, you will get a build up of dust and other things do to you using a case.

The phone I'm currently using, I haven't clean in a while and I can see an imprint of the design from inside the case on the back of my phone.

You can try buffing the spots out with some type of glass polish and see if it removed the spots.

A lot of OnePlus phones get the dots eventually even the 5T had that issue.

15. truelier750
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

16. Madnezz4Ever , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 9, 2020 :
    I thought it was made out of plastic..

I know it's made of glass as I stated so in my first reply and then stated glass polish in my 2nd reply.

Still doesn't change what I said.

17. truelier750
    Froyo Jul 9, 2020

Sir service center deny the service of the display when there is scratches over it... How i trust that oneplus provide me service when pain automatically remove