OnePlus refusing to honor warranty for touchscreen issues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Col8eral
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

Col8eral , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Like they say .never settle. Don't let this go. Seek advice from your citizens advice beaurau. I'd even go to a small claims court. Small claims court Costs are very affordable and its a matter of principle. There's no way id settle for this extremely shoddy response. OPO have a duty of care to you and the product needs to be fit for purpose.

CountryBoyCRO and envyraw like this.
  2. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

t4ww4b , Apr 25, 2015 :
    You can't diagnose a phone based on pictures. That isn't even allowed to do so. A semi-manufacturer should know that. But there's one problem. Based on the following information you've provided us:

"the minor accident happened in late December, and my device had been experiencing touchscreen issues since I received it in October"

- So why did you wait this long for opening a ticket? It does not makes sense. You could've contacted them and have gotten a brand new phone with no issues! But you didn't because the story isn't true.
    - Their assumption may be right: the fall/crack made the touchscreen issue worse or caused it.

Kapitan Nemo likes this.
  3. jkb114
    Lollipop Apr 25, 2015

jkb114 , Apr 25, 2015 :
    I would try and contact trading standards in your country and see what they have to say. Because it is just cosmetic damage and this can't be to blame for the issues

4. kniVesss
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

kniVesss , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Company just makes me sick to my stomach. Sort the kid's phone out for crying out loud.

You only have to look at that stupid soft silver housing to dent it.

Again, great phone but I simply cannot recommend it anyone due to the poorest customer care.

5. Kefkaticfanatic
    Eclair Apr 25, 2015

Kefkaticfanatic , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Read my first reply bud :D

6. Tr1p
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2015

Tr1p , Apr 25, 2015 :
    When you have scars or something else they say you dropped it and its your own fault so they don't need to give warranty. Good luck now

7. swenzoo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2015

swenzoo , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Oneplus One doesn't come with a warranty. My headphone jack broke down and guess what, warranty didn't cover it! In this regard Oneplus sucks. To bad since I think the phone awesome.

Kapitan Nemo and CountryBoyCRO like this.
  8. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

t4ww4b , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Remember one thing in life: everyone is lying.

dhaugru likes this.
  9. willxhunting
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

willxhunting , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Same issue but mine is in immaculate condition. Been in a case and no damage at all. I've also had touchscreen issues and assumed a software update would fix it but after reading others who had similar problems who ended up RMAing their phones I decided to do the same. Unfortunately after all the hoops they make you jump through after taking pictures and sending videos and having me open my phone which I was not comfortable with they claim that I have disassembled my phone. I had no idea why they even made this assumption and then I get replies back telling me that my warranty sticker is missing. I've never opened my phone and now they're telling me I've disassembled my phone and removed the warranty sticker so now I have to pay. I told them there's no way I could have removed it since I've never opened the phone but their consistent response is since I don't have a sticker I have to pay for repairs. This back and forth has gone on for awhile. The anger I have is beyond words. These guys are cheap bastards who are trying to back out of their warranty and accusing their customers of being liars. They claim that all phones are checked before being shipped out to make sure they have a sticker. They dont even have a warrantt is voided message inside the phone so i have a hard fime believing it. Unfortunately I'm not the only person who's had this issue with their service department. My phone is from the July batch and I think at least one other person is from the same batch as well. I've been trying to get the attention of admins trying to get some help but I've run I to dead ends. Is there anyone out there that can help or give me other options? If I have to go the legal route I will and I think this should be publicized on tech blogs for how bad their service is. There's nothing worse than hurting their wallets in order for a company to acknowledge a problem. Sorry for the long post but I need any help I can get.

Takendown likes this.
  10. Jael Pendragon
    KitKat Apr 25, 2015

Jael Pendragon , Apr 25, 2015 :
    So you wait to contact customer service for a problem allegedly present right from the start only after dropping it and damaging it. Right.

Do you really expect people to believe you or what?

11. Kefkaticfanatic
    Eclair Apr 25, 2015

LOL did you even look at the image? Why should I even care about the little dent, which I mentioned happened months ago, the main issue is the touchscreen that some other large percentage of the userbase has also complained about. I shrugged that off way back then since it was no more than a mild scuff, hardly worth classifying as a drop considering the circumstances :rolleyes:

12. sam854
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2015

sam854 , Apr 25, 2015 :
    I am in the exact same position. And will be following this thread closely. Mine has small dents on the edges so I'm sure il get a similar response (I'm currently waiting for a response from 2nd tier team)

I'm no way accepting what they have done to you.
    Keep in touch with your progress.

CountryBoyCRO likes this.
  13. Jael Pendragon
    KitKat Apr 25, 2015

Jael Pendragon , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Yet you dropped it and complained about issues only after that.. Right

t4ww4b likes this.
  14. envyraw
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2015

envyraw , Apr 25, 2015 :
    I sympathize with you fully. I also do not understand how many of users here are readily putting the blame on you. Although my phone is perfectly fine except for some software bugs, I am disappointed with the reports about the service. I have recommending this phone left and right to everyone but it looks like I need to stop doing that.

15. Kefkaticfanatic
    Eclair Apr 25, 2015

The major concerns here are twofold

1) OnePlus pretends they can accurately diagnose the source of a problem through a few photographs
    2) OnePlus continues to put forth their policy of denying the touchscreen issues by actively searching for something else to blame it on

Both are completely ridiculous behaviors by this supposed "Flagship Killer" manufacturer, and I have never had to deal with such shady and anti-consumer practices in any other warranty replacement in the variety of other electronics I've gone through the process with. It's completely unacceptable and something that future customers need to be aware of.

16. JDMSteven
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2015

JDMSteven , Apr 25, 2015 :
    This REAAAAALLY sucks man, I had to really pester the before I got my return to go through, but I RMA'd them and it worked.

17. Deactivated User
    Apr 25, 2015

18. malidan
    Nougat Apr 25, 2015

malidan , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Im sorry too here that bro, I have noticed a definite shift over the last month to
    refusing touch issues they Rma'd before.
    It was sometime back when a member told me he could see a matrix in the screen under certain
    conditions, if that is the case this is very old tech and almost any drop can result in the matrix being damaged and rendering all or some of the screen useless.
    The actions taken here would seem to go some way towards proving his theory correct. Though your damage on the corner of the device looks insignificant, it's given them all the reason they need.

19. Deactivated User
    Apr 25, 2015

20. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Apr 25, 2015

Gonzo01 , Apr 25, 2015 :
    cos there was no issue when received. clearly issue appeared after that damage on the corner. one question: how did he manage to use this, obviously not working phone for almost 6 months?? nice try! :D

Kapitan Nemo and theshinybeast like this.