OnePlus releasing too many phones instead of focusing on one or two via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. gselivanov
    Eclair Feb 5, 2021

gselivanov , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 5, 2021 :
    I feel like OnePlus is releasing too many phone options and trying increase its market share instead on focusing on a niche market with one or two phones. I bought the Op7pro and feel as though the updates are coming in less and less. Also, are the Oneplus T models really necessary?

chinnidiwakar likes this.
  2. chinnidiwakar
    Froyo Feb 5, 2021

chinnidiwakar , Feb 5, 2021 :
    T Variants Are Useful, usually they were better in the past, i dont know about the future, for ex: 7t is good, but 8t i dont know.

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 5, 2021

Tobikage , Feb 5, 2021 :
    So concentrate on the niche , sell less phones so you have to support only a couple of phones and so people can keep them longer and make less money in the end ?

SJBoss likes this.
  4. gselivanov
    Eclair Feb 5, 2021

Would you upgrade to a T model after buying the Oneplus 8? I don't understand who the target market is for the T models.

5. gselivanov
    Eclair Feb 5, 2021

Sell better phones and give a good reason to upgrade to the next model. The N10 and N100 series? The T series..? Are they necessary and who actually buys them.

Most important question is can the low staff at Oneplus keep with all the necessary updates for the 20+ models they are currently supporting?

6. KluGe
    Lollipop Feb 5, 2021

KluGe , Feb 5, 2021 :
    I would and I did upgrade to the T more than once.
    And from the 7Pro to the 7T was not a step back either...

The fact that you do not understand it does not mean that it makes no sense.

7. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 5, 2021

Tobikage , Feb 5, 2021 :
    I think we already have an answer for that.....and that is nope.

You've been here since 2014.
    You would've figured out that this is OnePlus is name only and nothing close to what it was or what it stood for or what it's goals were.

SJBoss likes this.
  8. gselivanov
    Eclair Feb 5, 2021

I guess if you have money to burn you can keep on upgrading. Is there value in upgrading to the T model after spending $1000 on a phone?

9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Feb 5, 2021

SJBoss , Feb 5, 2021 :
    You know what's worse than people who "upgrade" to s iPhones? the people who "upgrade" to OnePlus T models.

gselivanov likes this.
  10. gselivanov
    Eclair Feb 5, 2021

Its goals are now release 10+ models a year with bugs and keep delaying the updates?

11. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 5, 2021

Tobikage , Feb 5, 2021 :
    That is the path they have chosen...

OP9 , OP9 Lite and whatever they come up with comes in March / April

gselivanov likes this.
  12. chinnidiwakar
    Froyo Feb 5, 2021

chinnidiwakar , Feb 5, 2021 :
    not after buying a normal varient.

but if its been 4+ months after normal varient t version could be a little better so i would wait.