Oneplus repair policy under warranty via OnePlus Community App

1. NickVti88 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Hello to everyone.
    I am from Greece and I own a beloved oneplus 8 pro.
    I am in love with the device.
    Maybe, some of you, know already that we have a community, with 4.000 members (more or less). Our community is strong and we love oneplus devices, that's why we support as we can!
    Unfortunately, last week, my device had a problem with white horizontal fainted lines and huge battery drain.
    I contacted with oneplus chat, we opened a ticket immediately, so the phone can be repaired under warranty, after they receive it and check it.
    They received it and the conclusion is a faulty motherboard and a battery.
    But they want me to pay more than 400 euros, because I can't find the invoice of the device. Warranty via imei is OK, but they wont repair it under warranty, cause I lost the invoice after so many months.
    This is just annoying and unfair. What's the reason for online warranty via imei if they are not gonna do it?
    I love this company and the products, but this warranty repair policy, is really bad. If I can't find a solution, this will be my last time that I am buying a product from them. Most of the manufacturers, Apple Samsung etc, are covering repairs under warranty without invoice.
    I am really sad guys.
    Before answer me about my device condition, I want you to know that is in perfect condition, like new! And they admit that my phone is under warranty, but they are not gonna fix it if I can't find the invoice.
    Anyway, I'm sorry that I spend your time about this, but i am frustrated.
    Thank you for your time and I hope that all of you, are enjoying your devices.

G_plusone likes this.
  2. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 29, 2021

drl431 , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 29, 2021 :
    Hi, and yes, the warranty is based on the delivery date on a purchase receipt or invoice. This is because only the original owner is covered, and only from an authorized reseller. But you should be able to get a duplicate invoice from the reseller.

Tobikage and Aaron2017 like this.
  3. NickVti88 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 29, 2021 :
    So, warranty policy of oneplus company, sucks. That's what you are telling me to. Serious companies like Samsung Apple etc, covering repairs via imei. That was the last time I am buying oneplus device.
    And just you know, it's not the first time I am sending a device to their service center, for repair under warranty via imei. But, now, probably cause it's an expensive repair, they are trying to charge me. Anyway, thanks mate for your time and your answer.

4. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 29, 2021

Tobikage , Sep 29, 2021 :
    Where did you purchase the phone from ?

G_plusone and drl431 like this.
  5. kamilxxg
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2021

kamilxxg , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 29, 2021 :
    I have green tint problem and in service center they replaced screen. And with the second display I have also green tint, even with DC dimming...

6. SIDD7411
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2021

SIDD7411 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 29, 2021 :
    I will suggest u some to take some efforts
    If u have buyed from a shop
    Visit that shop , tell them to help you with a copy of invoice they will say no . Give them some cash so that they find and give . It wil save uu cellphone and ur money , u have to take a bit efforts
    Thats all you can do ..

7. NickVti88 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 2, 2021 :
    To many lyes from oneplus, to avoid fixing my device under warranty.

First lye, my device was under warranty when I opened the repair ticket, but when arrived to the service center, warranty was expired. Sry I am not superman to fly and bring it to you in a few minutes.

Second lye, my device has physical and liquid damage. Lye, device is in mint condition. After that they admit that this was wrong.

Thrid lye, it's a cn variant device and they will not cover it. Lye, on 24 of September, customer service agent, opened the ticket and assured me that will be repair under warranty. Before that, they wanted to flash my cn variant device remotely under warranty.

I have all the conversations and I will take legal action. They made me ship my cn variant device, as it was under warranty via imei and they knew that my device is cn variant.

P.s. It's not the first cn variant device that we (oneplus greek community) are sending for repair under warranty and never had a problem.

I can see that they don't want to cover it cause it's expensive and they lye to me every day with different reasons.
    THEY MADE ME SHIP It and cover it under warranty.
    I am sorry oneplus, but this is the last time I am buying a device from you, I will take legal action and I will inform everyone on tweeter and oneplus greek community on Facebook. People must be protected from your crappy warranty policy