Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

m.e.r. , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Thread index:

1. What happened to my original One

2. My contact with the support

3. Sending out the device

4. My new One

1. What happened to my original One:

My original one someday wouldn't charge anymore. I thought the USB-port was just broken. But then I discovered that it would charge when it is turned off. This happens when the port gets overvolted and the USB-controller gets a defect. I do not know why mine got overvolted but my charger is okay. I also couldn't connect it to my PC anymore.

2. My contact with the support:

Had to cut it to fit the 1000 characters border...

3. Sending out the device:
    OnePlus send TNT all the required information. I got an email from the very good TNT support when they could pic up the package and what I had to put on the package and what I would need to give the TNT-guy. Worked pretty well. OnePlus Logo and the thing from TNT had to be put inside. The RMA slip inside the package. Device send out: 30th of July 2014 (from Germany)
    Device delivered to OnePlus: 7th of August 2014 (in HongKong)

TNT said it will be there on the 4th of August but I think at the moment they can't fly from amsterdam to asia so it had to be flown out from belgium.

4. My new One:
    On the 7th of August at 5AM (GMT+2) my One was delivered and at 11AM (GMT+2) on the same day my new One came. I did not get a tracking number or knew that my new One was already send out before they had the old One in HongKong. But that's great :D
    My new One does not have the old issue and is clearly a new replacement. But I got a dead/stuck pixel on the screen which is only visible when something black is displayed. On all other colors you can't see it and you can't see it easyly so it is okay this way for me. I did not pay anything in this process. Good support from OnePlus!

Do you guys have any questions more? Let me know =)

Edit: I asked if I can quote my support ticket and I was allowed to do so!

eranm5, cactus_ch, huno and 9 others like this.
  2. dirtymocha
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

dirtymocha , Aug 8, 2014 :
    th
    that is unfortunate bro. hope you get this resolved quickly.

3. m.e.r.
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

m.e.r. , Aug 8, 2014 :
    I already have my new one. Read first ^^

4. badger906
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2014

5. UnknownSoul
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2014

TakeMyMoney and TigerXC like this.
  6. dirtymocha
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

well i mean for the dead pixel. if ever you wanted to get it dealt with.

7. m.e.r.
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

m.e.r. , Aug 8, 2014 :
    I'll just wait. It does not borther me and sometimes the errors just disappear. And the pixel is not dead. It is just stuck and can't display black correctly ^^

Already tried a few times

8. andyinthailand
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2014

9. dirtymocha
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

maybe it will disappear over time. on mine, there is the yellow band on the bottom of the screen. did not disappear after a few tries with the uv light. but my eyes kinda just got used to it.

10. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2014

prstorero , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Read? What is this word you speak of? It's unheard of in forums across the globe! :p

11. snoobab323
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

snoobab323 , Aug 8, 2014 :
    This is a far better account of an actual case than all those negative hypothetical cases that people like to post

12. Jack_Carver
    Froyo Sep 11, 2014

13. GusarP
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2014

14. GoodFellow
    Donut Sep 11, 2014

15. garrickchan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2014

garrickchan , Sep 11, 2014 :
    It's great that support was able to resolve your issue ... to bad about the one pixel, but at least everything else seems to be working. Enjoy again!

16. Krakaass
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

Krakaass , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Its refreshing to hear a positive experience regarding support. Lets hope the trend continues.

17. shastada
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2014

shastada , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Took 3 weeks total from problem to new phone? That's not "good". I haven't even gotten a reply from my ticket i submitted nearly a week ago.

18. Hanzalah
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2014

Hanzalah , Sep 11, 2014 :
    wow this is the first piece of news i've heard regarding the customer service being good... great to hear!!!

19. TigerXC
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2014

20. huno
    Froyo Sep 11, 2014

huno , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Good experience. :)