OnePlus selling FAKE accidental damage insurance

1. kidlyl
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2020

kidlyl , Sep 22, 2020 :
    I bought a 7t and then separately bought an accidental damage insurance for it, both from the official UK website. I received confirmation from the insurer, Servify, and I can find the correct details associated with my IMEI on the oneplus website too. BUT, half a year later when I tried to raise a claim following the instructions originally sent to me, I was told that insurer doesn't even operate in the UK! I called the customer service multiple times and they just say they will escalate but no progress is made. It's been over a month now.

This is pure fraud, and I will seek to file a formal complaint. I would like to advice against anyone from purchasing insurance on OnePlus website. Go buy it from John Lewis or somewhere else.

2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 22, 2020

Bobbie63 , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Better send them an email also to get things in writing and a copy of the stuff the insurer sent you.

Edit: and make a screenshot of the website where it' says the insurance is sold, if it's still there.

I just checked and it's still sold on their site

Screenshot_20200922-223158.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020

3. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Sep 22, 2020

superplus , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Sorry to hear you are facing issues. Did you try to access through https://aftersales.oneplus.com/login?
    The UK is definitely included in the dropdown arrow there, as well as being listed as a country they are allowed to act as an intermediary in:
    (UK = "Verenigd Koninkrijk" in that list)

otto2, script and Bobbie63 like this.
  4. kidlyl
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2020

kidlyl , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Hi,

Yes I tried that website before I contacted customer service, and I am unable to book a repair on there even though it says "The device is eligible to be repaired under the selected plan", because no service location can be found near my selected location - I tried my home address, London, and the whole of UK for the location, none of them worked - the only way to get further help was to call the brand, which didn't help either as described in my original post.

Screenshot that says it is eligible for repair:
    raise claim - eligible.PNG

Screenshot that asks for a location:
    raise claim - select location.png

Screenshot that says no "service modes" are available near the location, please contact the brand:
    raise claim - location not available.PNG

superplus and Bobbie63 like this.
  5. kidlyl
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2020

kidlyl , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Thanks for the reminders! I did write emails to the customer service too, but they have stopped replying since last week after they said "we are looking into the case" and "will difinitely keep you informed". Indeed this invalid insurance is still being sold on the site, it even has a standalone page:

oneplus selling servify uk.PNG

Bobbie63 likes this.
  6. K1594004061744
    Eclair Sep 23, 2020

K1594004061744 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Hey,

I remember a friend of mine based in the UK who faced a similar issue. Someone had asked him to mark a mail to eu_support@servify.tech post which I guess his concern was resolved.

Why don't you give a try?

Cheers,
    Addy

7. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 23, 2020

Bobbie63 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    You're welcome.

From what I can see, you followed all necessary steps, so nothing wrong with that.

I saw @superplus also picked up your post, maybe she can get access to the proper people to see what's going on here but bear in mind mods are no OnePlus employees.

I wish you good luck and hope you get your issue solved soon.

superplus and kidlyl like this.
  8. kidlyl
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2020

kidlyl , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Hi Andy, thanks for the pointer. I will give this a try and will post here if they manage to resolve the issue.