[Submitted] OnePlus Shelf need the option of being turned off

1. bigdave069
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2020

bigdave069 , Nov 19, 2020 :
    Title OnePlus Shelf need the option of being turned off
    Device OnePlus8Pro Software Version O2 DP 200828
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos
    Feature Needed Background Description I just want my OnePlus to work the way it did prior to the most recent update to Android 11. Core functionality has been broken and it is now really frustrating to be greeted by the Shelf which contains no useful information for me whilst I am trying to get to my notifications. We need to be able to turn off the Shelf and revert back to a swipe down anywhere on the home screen to pull down the notification drawer without the additional inconvenience.
    Any other comments
    Now when I swipe down in the middle of the home screen, I am greeted by the Oneplus Shelf rather than my notifications. There doesn't seem to be an option to turn the Shelf off. This has recently happened since updating my 8 Pro to 11.0.1.1.
    Considering the size of the screen it is incorrect to now force my hand to move to the top of the screen to pull down the notification drawer.

2. ZoeyZ.
    Product Operation Staff Member Nov 23, 2020

ZoeyZ. , Nov 23, 2020 :
    If you want to change the setting that access “Shelf” by swiping down from home screen, here is the suggestion: Long press the desk home screen - Click the “HOME SETTINGS” - Click the “Swipe down to access” - Select "Shelf" or “Notifications & Quick Settings” according to your preference.