OnePlus shouldn't join the horde of Yearly release of Flagship phone

1. sheeran
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

sheeran , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Today there is trend now to release flagship phone every year with no real require technology or enhancements and I think OnePlus should not follow these trends. They have really brought something exceptional and with exceptional price and to bring something new after the release of OnePlus One the company should take there more time rather than rushing for next year release similar to what other are doing. However, I do like to see what others have there opinion on this matter as well as any other suggestion which OnePlus should follow.

2. jeremydehner
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

jeremydehner , Apr 25, 2014 :
    That is an interesting point. I have been very underwhelmed by the last to Samsung Galaxy releases, so that could be a new business mode.

3. nick.kremer
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

nick.kremer , Apr 25, 2014 :
    hmm i like this idea, however some could argue that the nexus line of phones adds enough visual + hardware improvements every year to keep releasing new phones

4. Funktafide
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

Funktafide , Apr 25, 2014 :
    $350 for a top end phone. It wouldn't bother me if they had a yearly release. Maybe a trade-in program would help everyone stay updated.

thepanttherlady likes this.
  5. nick.kremer
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

nick.kremer , Apr 25, 2014 :
    or reduce price of the current model a month before release of the new model?

sheeran and Funktafide like this.
  6. Claudia
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

Claudia , Apr 25, 2014 :
    OK don't kill me when I say this but what have they brought that is exceptional apart from price?

7. sheeran
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

sheeran , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I hope you are not a fan of Iphone or Galaxies.

8. Claudia
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

Claudia , Apr 25, 2014 :
    No I am not don't own a galaxy and I am not into the iPhone

9. oneup
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

oneup , Apr 25, 2014 :
    The pace of innovation almost necessitates a yearly release cycle as processors get faster, RAM capacity grows and buyers demand more features, but until another manufacturer loads CM by default onto their handset, OPO will be unique in this respect and should be able to weather the storm by other manufacturers cramming octacore processors and 20 megapixel camera sensors into the phones. But if CM gains steam and other manufacturers join the party, then competition will heat up quick and OPO may be forced to launch a new phone every year to stay relevant.

10. thepanttherlady
    Community Veteran Apr 25, 2014

thepanttherlady , Apr 25, 2014 :
    A yearly release I can handle, but ones like Sony who are releasing every six months is killing me! It would be nice to have a company concentrate on supporting their product for a while versus rushing to release next one.