OnePlus Software Maintenance Schedule

1. Prcko
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

Prcko , Jul 15, 2018 :
    it's logical and I agree with you. but this is marketing strategy. If you want to patch you must buy a Google pixel. a few years ago, we did not know about any patches, and now it's the most important thing in life.

Vladut123 likes this.
  2. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 15, 2018 :
    Prcko

it's logical and I agree with you. but this is marketing strategy. If you want to patch you must buy a Google pixel. a few years ago, we did not know about any patches, and now it's the most important thing in life.

It's not the most important thing, I don't need the latest one, but if the month ends and one plus just releases the security patch for that month it is very bad policy, especially to the smartphone having the project treble. If I'm wrong then correct me and pls don't start a conpatison with other brands

Vladut123 likes this.
  3. Prcko
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

Prcko , Jul 15, 2018 :
    project treble isn't about security updates. security updates comes with software update. this software update must Google certified so it's why here have a delay.

Vladut123 likes this.
  4. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

Prcko

project treble isn't about security updates. security updates comes with software update. this software update must Google certified so it's why here have a delay.

Oh so that's your explanation to no security patch for 3/3T from December to May (for the 5 months) on stable branch and 1 security patch in 2 months for beta? Can you explain this?

Vladut123 likes this.
  5. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jul 15, 2018

Vladut123 and Artemus. like this.
  6. lex700
    Froyo Jul 15, 2018

lex700 , Jul 15, 2018 :
    I actually always thought project treble was intended to allow OEMs to have an easier time staying current on both Security and version updates?

In any event the July patch has been released by Google.

Vladut123 likes this.
  7. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

lex700

I actually always thought project treble was intended to allow OEMs to have an easier time staying current on both Security and version updates?

In any event the July patch has been released by Google.​

Me too. Don't know the problem, when diffetent custom roms have the latest security patches at the time of the release. May be there is really some sertification, that custom roms just don't do, but why it takes so long?

Vladut123 likes this.
  8. Prcko
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

Prcko , Jul 15, 2018 :
    what was before was. now OnePlus want to change updates policy. so wait please. that needs time.

Vladut123 likes this.
  9. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

Prcko

what was before was. now OnePlus want to change updates policy. so wait please. that needs time.

That was two months ago and happening now and was happening before December, I know the tweaks of various promises by one plus for 2 years and wish you not to trust them. The problem with security patches and updates NeverChanges for this company. And I say about the problem itself anf not me needing sth

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  10. lex700
    Froyo Jul 15, 2018

lex700 , Jul 15, 2018 :
    If time is all that is needed than that's fine. I get that OnePlus are still a comparatively small company, and whilst treble makes things easier, they are still not 'easy' per sé when it comes to software updating.

if in a couple of months it proves that OnePlus have achieved their promise, I'll be the first to cheer.

Vladut123 likes this.
  11. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

lex700

If time is all that is needed than that's fine. I get that OnePlus are still a comparatively small company, and whilst treble makes things easier, they are still not 'easy' per sé when it comes to software updating.

if in a couple of months it proves that OnePlus have achieved their promise, I'll be the first to cheer.

Small company? Under the wing and power of BBK? Do you know that it is a subsidiary company of BBK as well as Oppo and Vivo? I guess it has enough of money, investment, people and factory power. It actually never was a small company and all it just had was just a strange advertising company (to look like small company) with op 1 to attract buyers. Check it if you don't know anything

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  12. lex700
    Froyo Jul 15, 2018

lex700 , Jul 15, 2018 :

W1526409089195

lex700

Small company? Under the wing and power of BBK? Do you know that it is a subsidiary company of BBK as well as Oppo and Vivo? I guess it has enough of money, investment and, people and factory power​

Yeah but I'm not personally very sure of the day to day resources allocation that is available to OnePlus from these sources.

like I have said, I am sceptical of this software commitment by OnePlus, But I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at present. Like Prycko has said, it could just be a case of giving them a little more time now that they have made a commitment.

Time will tell I suppose.........

Vladut123 likes this.
  13. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

lex700

Yeah but I'm not personally very sure of the day to day resources allocation that is available to OnePlus from these sources.

like I have said, I am sceptical of this software commitment by OnePlus, But I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at present. Like Pryko has said, it could just be a case of giving them a little more time now that they have made a commitment.

Time will tell I suppose.........

They are given lot's of money and ckeck my previous comment one more time. One plus in now their company that has some fame in the world, so it gets enough. You are just their aim of marketing who believed other people words or advertising of op 1, that they are small. It wad made with purpose to attract people. Read about the marketing of op 1 and how it was sold to understand where all those thoughts of a small company came from

Vladut123 likes this.
  14. lex700
    Froyo Jul 15, 2018

lex700 , Jul 15, 2018 :
    Yeah sorry, started my reply before you'd updated.

like I said I'm not well versed on the management structure above the OnePlus level.

All I know is I like the 6 way more than I did the 3, 3T or 5 I previously owned, but am currently a little miffed that my device is behind (in terms of security) my wife's Moto X4, and my dad's WileyFox Swift 2, Both vastly cheaper devices

So I'll see how it goes, I like companies that stick the their promises. We'll see if OnePlus stick to theirs.

Vladut123 likes this.
  15. A1530122815516
    Eclair Jul 15, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  16. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

lex700

Yeah sorry, started my reply before you'd updated.

like I said I'm not well versed on the management structure above the OnePlus level.

All I know is I like the 6 way more than I did the 3, 3T or 5 I previously owned, but am currently a little miffed that my device is behind (in terms of security) my wife's Moto X4, and my dad's WileyFox Swift 2, Both vastly cheaper devices

So I'll see how it goes, I like companies that stick the their promises. We'll see if OnePlus stick to theirs.​

Ok, I now want to see how everything goes with 3T, 5/5T to understand if the company really changed. Because now I'm not sure

Vladut123 likes this.
  17. Angel_Annappa
    Donut Jul 15, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  18. Hiteshsolanki06
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2018

Hiteshsolanki06 , Jul 15, 2018 :
    Having a very bad experience since last one month many application that automatically shutdown or Kill by process automatically like internet metre Lite app and adguard application and Acr Call recorder every one hour I have to check whether the application is running or not if the application is not running then the process of the usage of application is not worthy this is happening due to oxygen OS 5. 1 and above it kills process automatically so kindly check for update the feature that application should run continuously without affecting battery life.

Vladut123 likes this.
  19. R1531690108729
    Eclair Jul 15, 2018

R1531690108729 , Jul 15, 2018 :
    does anyone knows if there will be update regarding the keyboard? i just wanted that they include question mark between period and enter.. so we dont have to long press period and press ?123 anymore.. thanks.. let it be customized.. please notice this comment.. im using one plus 6 for a week now and i super love it.. always showcasing it to my friends because they dont know about oneplus brand. hope i get reply with oneplus.. thanks

Vladut123 likes this.
  20. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 15, 2018

R1531690108729

does anyone knows if there will be update regarding the keyboard? i just wanted that they include question mark between period and enter.. so we dont have to long press period and press ?123 anymore.. thanks.. let it be customized.. please notice this comment.. im using one plus 6 for a week now and i super love it.. always showcasing it to my friends because they dont know about oneplus brand. hope i get reply with oneplus.. thanks​

What keyboard are you using?

Vladut123 likes this.