OnePlus Software Maintenance Schedule

1. sunil_aleti Froyo Dec 4, 2018

tattaglia and gotshoaib like this.
  2. sunny.spidy Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

3. RestlessSoul Froyo Dec 5, 2018

4. F_Aditya_Tanwar_CSsn Donut Dec 5, 2018

Star007Knight and Pritam_Dhokale like this.
  5. Pritam_Dhokale Honeycomb Dec 6, 2018

Pritam_Dhokale, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Is there any maintenance schedule for old phones.. oneplus 5/5T ?
    Or only maintenance schedule is for new phones?

6. B1530187919397 Cupcake Dec 6, 2018

7. Govindarajan_Srinivasan Froyo Dec 6, 2018

Govindarajan_Srinivasan, Dec 6, 2018 :
    a change which noticed after android pie is that WiFi automatically greying switched on every time start using the mobile. is there any solution to this issue?

8. Maria Pap Honeycomb Dec 6, 2018

Maria Pap, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Wrong thread. Report it as a bug in the feedback section.

Hydra Bob and BeingIncog like this.
  9. T0xicated Froyo Dec 7, 2018

10. M1543821225219 Cupcake Dec 7, 2018

11. Sam Nakamura Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2018

Sam Nakamura, Dec 7, 2018 :
    What happened to the 5t, such a lovely device with terrible software support... 5th week without beta! First I was very disappointed with the OP2 experience, then hyped with the 3t, just to see same issues again with the OP5/t...

I just purchased a iPhone 6 (&7 plus), to see thar this 2014 device is still eligible for iOS beta 3 after all these years!

Seeing my OP5t comparably (even though it's actually not a valid comparison) to the iPhone 6 is just weird!

Come on guys, give is something, even the security patches are ancient!

Thank you Team!

macsenjose18 and V1511372468702 like this.
  12. Shagna Donut Dec 7, 2018

Shagna, Dec 7, 2018 :
    It's sad to see the game OP is playing, I believe they are holding the update to force some of us to go and buy 6T, if this work for at least one person it's okay for them. I come from Samsung and what made me choose OP was the support they gave to the community, this will be my last OP phone, even if they release the update today their image and community trust has been shaken.

13. praksvarma Eclair Dec 7, 2018

praksvarma, Dec 7, 2018 :
    More reasons to stay away from this company and more so recommending it to anyone:

- The stable doesn't even have a way of customizing accent colors, new UI or the portrait mode for front camera. Not sure what has kept Oneplus from providing this simple feature for so long when it has been there on beta for some time. Pie they said will have everything but where is pie?

- Third party camera apps still struggle with image quality. No need to say anything more. The forums are flooded with discussion on this topic and lack of Oneplus' support (read intention) in rectifying the camera2api implementation

- Just recently my work email was shifted to Microsoft cloud/Office365. This requires us to download the Microsoft Intune Company portal and enroll the device. And guess what the device (OP5T) or more importantly Oxygen OS isn't supported.

- Only empty updates without any new features in the recent past both on Beta and stable channels. Reason cited for this is that a big update is on the way in the form of pie. And this gets delayed as well. So in the end the users are left without meaningful updates for a long time.

- No updates for over a month on beta channel, vindicating Oneplus' lack of attention to these just an year old devices.

- how can we forget the mess that 5.1.6 or should I say 5.1.7 update created. It took over 20 days to release the hot fix for bluetooth issue. Users were not sure if the update was still rolling out or was pulled back due to lack of any communication. Doesn't instill much confidence is users.

- Lack of proper communication or intimation for delayed pie update.

- Now seeing moderators working overtime to shut up people discussing about pie update, locking beta discussion thread every so often. Is it so difficult to at least give the users a chance to raise their opinions, comments, rants on delayed pie update in absence of the actual update.

14. V1511372468702 Eclair Dec 7, 2018

V1511372468702, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Already a few 5/T users switched to 6T... it's sad to see that a device like 5T is starting to be neglected after less than 12 months, those are products that should have a much longer life span, come on OnePlus. What's the use of promising 24 months worth of Android updates if you cannot allocate resources to satisfy that?
    We get that we will eventually get Android 9, and probably before the 24 months expire (tbh, not really sure as per how things are going), but why should we get the new features after several months of availability? Oh yeah, I guess that's because you now have a much broader lineup... If that's the case, if a OP user should buy a new product every 12 months to be effectively updated, then I advise you to change this schedule to a 12 months one. Because that's it...why would I be interested in new features when already newer ones are going to be available? This is not being "up to date".

You could have easily supported 5/T in a much better way, this is pissing off the Community and nobody seems to care apart from mods which are obviously stressed by the situation. I advise someone of the dev team, or OnePlus staff, to go check what has been happening since the last month on the OB21/19 thread. Go and see, don't just neglect users because you now have devices with higher priority! People is feeling betrayed and even though it is just a software update, and no one is going to die for it, you are losing a lot of value in the eyes of the (informed) customers. Just go there and see, you will only find complaining users. Are you actively deciding to neglect them and go for the mass market? If that's the case then, I don't feel I supported this cause when I invested my hard earned 549€ to get a 5T. Don't get me wrong OnePlus! We are all very happy and proud of the growth of the company, as well as excited for the innovations you are striving for. But heck, you are just growing on our shoulders, your customers, and not looking back to us!

Please consider a different allocation of your resources, the company is growing and big numbers are being hit. Why don't just delight the community? I can assure that will make the difference in the long term. And I can assure that the value of that is much higher than the monetary value you get by forcing a few people with good spending availability to upgrade to a newer device in less than a year.

15. sandeep104701 Froyo Dec 7, 2018

16. Ortizalx Froyo Dec 7, 2018

17. F_Nilesh_Nath_nQnO Froyo Dec 8, 2018

F_Nilesh_Nath_nQnO, Dec 8, 2018 :
    to those who have posted asking for pie for 5t and atleast ETA. check in feed section. you might have got an warning from the mods. that's what they do now. shame

Nikkhil and T1541331451636 like this.
  18. macsenjose18 Froyo Dec 8, 2018

macsenjose18, Dec 8, 2018 :
    I am being really honest about my experience and how I, from being a hardcore OnePlus fan since OnePlus One days, am turning into a OnePlus Detractor. The entire OP claims that they work a lot on customer feedback and me being a customer thought yes! finally there is a company that freaking listens! and not shove unwanted things. It is a company that if promises, delivers!
    I was extremely happy to own the OP5T because heck! its a good phone and I bought it with my 1st salary. Things went well for the 1st 8 months in terms of software updates. The camera was really mediocre! like MI A1 had better camera and portrait mode. But then came up the community meets and Oneplus said that they will improve the camera and the oil painting effect. I was happy because i could see the company taking efforts in REAL IMPROVEMENTS.
    Coming to the present day, no beta update for 5 weeks. The previous update also was for a weather app :/ like seriously? 2 weeks work corresponds to bug fixing in weather app? I believe you'll have your scrum meetings. Was weather app really priority? Now threads are being cleaned/closed. Warnings are being given to customers. If you cannot stick to your schedule of 2 betas/month, then i believe customers have every right to ask WHY? If you stuck to your schedule people wouldn't have asked you in the 1st place. Since you didnt, a reason should be communicated to calm down the forum rather than issues banning threats to customers. Oh by the way, i already have got 2 warnings for foolish reasons.
    Anyways, I dont expect anything from OP team now because i have lost that excitement in the update as well as the company. *period*

#SETTLEDFOREVER.

19. sandeep104701 Froyo Dec 8, 2018

Santoshtheone likes this.
  20. T1544252208071 Cupcake Dec 8, 2018

T1544252208071, Dec 8, 2018 :
    i saved my 4 fingers in the device. this morning my cousin tried to unlock with it and to my surprise the phone unlocks. there was no error such as not recognisable or no match found.
    please resolve it ASAP.
    this is not acceptable from you 1+

Sanpat1 likes this.