OnePlus Software Maintenance Schedule

1. I1530015918627
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2019

I1530015918627 , Mar 30, 2019 :
    I had my oneplus 5T for 2 weeks before hacker put in a loop. I return to US every 6 months for 4 days, so it has been a year and phone was finally repaired.

Now I need a OS that removes Bluetooth and radios used to Hack, is this possible, need detailed instructions that work the first time or I will get hacked again. By the way, both the on-line repair and Zendesk are hacked. I was asked for Amazon receipt 4x and my questions were never answered. Unless the phone is rooted to remove Bluetooth and radios I will either have a hidden, spying VPN 24/7,or another endless hacking loop

sir1jaguar likes this.
  2. sir1jaguar
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2019

sir1jaguar , Mar 30, 2019 :
    Lies after lies of OnePlus...

The security update of 6T, is still stuck in January update and the T-Mobile version still have the OLDER versions of every Native app, why?!?

It will be our 1st and last OnePlus device.

F@#$ you OnePlus!

3. Aman894
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2019

4. stephen huang
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2019

5. sir1jaguar
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2019

Joehad83, Blade2565 and KeePeeR like this.
  6. L1542733432685
    Froyo Apr 1, 2019

L1542733432685 , Apr 1, 2019 :
    does flashing closed beta oxygen is 9 factory reset the phone when uldated through local update??

7. niketu
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2019

8. Don Henry
    Froyo Apr 4, 2019

sir1jaguar and Blade2565 like this.
  9. robin143
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2019

robin143 , Apr 6, 2019 :
    why Oneplus company want us to suffer the bugs for too long? A company should focus on customer satisfaction , it can be by early fixing of bugs. Why you want to suffer with bugs more than a month .
    Pls fix the bug monthly and security patch can be given bimonthly.
    currently using 9.0.4 oneplus 6. i mentioned to cstomer lot of bugs and now it been 2 months.

Joehad83, sir1jaguar and moh.niazi94 like this.
  10. Blade2565
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2019

Blade2565 , Apr 6, 2019 :
    Better would be Never Promised or We Never Said when or how long you need to wait, customer care got better now the software team needs to be upgraded or you sales will be down graded.

11. moh.niazi94
    Froyo Apr 7, 2019

moh.niazi94 , Apr 7, 2019 :
    OnePlus pls update the phone, I can't freaking believe that Samsung is ahead of you now in monthly security updates while my OnePlus 6 is still stuck at the January update. Pls have some decency and think about your consumer base for a second. Instead of focusing on betas, You people have forgotten releasing the stable versions as well. Fix this Please.

12. robin143
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2019

robin143 , Apr 8, 2019 :
    9.0.4 for oneplus 6 has several bugs . Battery draining , heating issue ,over heating while charging , can't hold calls (not a network issue) , etc.. i have reported log related to all issues.
    Now it is 42 day , i am struggling with all issues.
    A company should give first preference to customer satisfaction
    The above mentioned problem is also faced by everyone , u can see different post related to it in OnePlus community.

After every update battery life decreases. 9.0.2 update oneplus6 was poor battery life. but after updating to 9.0.3 solved the problem. but after again updating to 9.0.4 again battery draining and heating issues.
    I feel i wasted my money in purchasing my phone. Pls solve all the issues.

Before releasing any update , pls ensure no battery draining , no heating issues and no any other bugs .

9.0.3 for OnePlus was good update for battery life and it has no heating issue.
    Pls use 9.0.3 update as a benchmark for battery life.

sir1jaguar likes this.
  13. sir1jaguar
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2019

sir1jaguar , Apr 8, 2019 :
    Fact:

This is what OnePlus said:
    "As per the maintenance schedule, there will be 2 years of regular software updates from the release date of the phone (release dates of T variants would be considered), including new features, Android versions, Android security patches and bug fixes and an additional year of Android security patch updates every 2 months."

It's very clear that the ANDROID SECURITY PATCH UPDATES is every 2 months, AFTER of 2 years of REGULAR SOFTWARE UPDATES (new features, Android versions, Android Security Parches & Bug fixes), that should be every month (ONCE a month), from the release date of the phone.

Means:
    * MONTHLY UPDATE (ONCE a MONTH), from the day you bought it, till the end of 2 years
    * ONE SECURITY UPDATE every 2 MONTHS, after 2 years of ownership

Here's the question:
    Is OnePlus following that since they started their 1st device?

Have a great day to y'all

robin143 and CYB3R0ID694 like this.
  14. Cristian.Cazacu
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2019

Cristian.Cazacu , Apr 11, 2019 :
    I don't know why everyone is happy about this taking in consideration dat all serios companies have this time. Is nothing amazing....add another year or two and after that we can talk.

15. AlanRochaS
    Donut Apr 12, 2019

AlanRochaS , Apr 12, 2019 :
    I have a Oneplus 6 and the last two stable updates, the phone is heated with 4g network and with wifi network; for some time they should launch a new update the corresponding security patch. What's wrong with oneplus!!!

16. Lbrunetti
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2019

Lbrunetti , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Are they waiting until the last day of the second month to give us the update? Is this for real?

17. Woody3001
    Eclair Apr 14, 2019

Woody3001 , Apr 14, 2019 :
    Gotta agree that this wait for security updates is getting annoying. As I understand the "promise" at the start of this thread the 2 months thing for patches is AFTER the initial 2 years of regular updates.

Funny how the 6T was released in November (in UK anyway) and we got pretty regular updates in December and January. Then they started talking about the 5G phone and all updates stop. It's like they can't work on 2 things at once. Even Samsung Note 8 just got the April security patch and that phone is almost 2 years old. These aren't software updates we're asking for with new features, they are security patches that are released monthly for user security and shouldn't be passed over just because OnePlus is too busy. I thought that the partnership with Google that gave them Android 9 before a lot of other vendors required them to stay up to date with security patches etc?

Not impressed right now. Looks like I settled after all. For second best.

Joehad83 and moh.niazi94 like this.
  18. rajat patel00
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

robin143 likes this.
  19. robin143
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2019

robin143 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    #NeverBelieve OnePlus

sir1jaguar likes this.
  20. brandonb4935
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2019

brandonb4935 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    Well I'm in the same boat everyone else is in, yet I could care less. I'm completely fine with not being totally updated security wise, in fact I've NEVER had an issue security wise, so why is everyone crying. How many people here have had a security issue being that they're two months behind on a security patch, I bet it's like two people, and those two people were probably doing something they shouldn't be doing in order to have the issue. I'd just like to know out of everyone who's commented on this "issue" how many have actually had a security issue because of lack of a update?