OnePlus Staff New Year's Resolutions

1. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    nystaffresolutions.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone. Christmas is a reminder for end of another year and makes me all excited for a fresh and (hopefully) better year ahead.

New year is the best time to make new resolutions. Let’s know what resolutions of our friends at OnePlus made for 2019.

Feel free to converse with them and also discuss these about yourself.
    1. What are you focusing on right now?
    2. Did you manage to adhere to previous year's resolutions?
    3. It's almost New year, what resolution are you going to make this time?
    4. What's the reason to make this resolution for 2019?

2. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @David Y.
    What are you focusing on right now?
    Professionally, I am focusing on hearing from you guys about where we can improve next year, also working on the community app perfection work. Personally, I am moving to a new apartment with my better half. Yay!

Did you manage to adhere to previous year's resolutions?
    Yes, 80% of my resolutions have been achieved, but never settle XD

It's almost New year, what resolution are you going to make this time?
    Professionally, a greater team and community, better atmosphere, and stronger infrastructure, like the dark mode on the community app and so forth. Personally, I want to gain weight, read more books, try new things and learn a new hobby, meet more friends.

What's the reason to make this resolution for 2019?
    The community is my job and where I belong to. I will be healthier and hotter in the mirror by gaining weights lol. Books made me a humble person so I'd like to keep reading. Friends, self-explanatory.

3. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Chris dB
    Writing more, both professionally and personally, seeing more of Asia, improving my Pixel Art. Stop skipping weekly Skype calls with my parents back in the Netherlands, family's important ya know?

My previous year's resolution was to win a Pullitzer, that didn't happen. Maybe 2019, eh?
    (Totally joking, I don't really do resolutions.)

Write and finish a book, improve my Chinese to a near-elementary level (the babiest of baby steps), read 52 books (or so).

I love to write and I don't do enough of it. I've lived in China for 3 years now, but my Chinese comprehension is still some way off the level it should be. I love to read, but I struggle to free up time to sit down with a book. That should change.

msheu, buntycubal, Nikkhil and 15 others like this.
  4. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Crystal Z.
    I'm very interested in some western food recently, and would like to try cooking some Guacamole.

Yes, my goal was to go outside China and experience a different lifestyle. I've been to 3 countries this year and learnt various cultures which I really enjoyed.

Less overworking time and be able to cook.

By less overworking time, I need to be more efficient and capable when dealing with work. And I would like to learn a new skill in 2019, let's say cooking since it seems to be the easiest one.

5. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Ruby G.
    On a work level, I've been really interested in coming up with ideas to help liven up the regional subforums again. I think the bond between fellow country-mates during the heyday of the invite system was truly spectacular, with people helping strangers out, giving device advice to each other in their local language or just chatting about their lives with people they discover from their same city. Our community users still do this, but I love the idea of fostering the space for these friendly environments once again.

On a personal level, I've been focusing on the balance between gentleness/loving others without judgement vs speaking up when I need to. Perhaps this will be something that I continue to work on for the years to come.

Did you manage to adhere to previous years resolutions?
    Ah I didn't set any to my recollection...

It's almost New year. what resolution are you going to make this time?
    I think I will set some this year! My resolution this year will be to go to bed by 11PM whenever it is in my control. In Q1, I will work on cutting out my phone time before I sleep/when I wake up haha.

Sleep affects everything! It's much easier to think/react kindly to others, come up with creative ideas, motivation to go to the gym and eat well when you're not a haggard zombie. Hopefully by publicly announcing, I'll be forced to keep it.

6. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Manu J.
    I am focusing on being more organised and avoiding the last minute rush jobs to meet deadlines and feeling stressed out about it.

I don't remember my previous years resolution , so guess i haven't.

This years resolution will be to adopt a healthier lifestyle, eat healthy, start exercising and quit smoking, think this might have been my last years resolution.

Moved to a new city this month, after being in Bangalore for close to 8 years, the change could be a good motivator for me to stick to a new year resolution (at least until I find out the best food and drinking joints in the new city.)

buntycubal, Saranm6, eye842 and 15 others like this.
  7. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Joel Jacob
    This month, I completed one year with OnePlus. And it's also been a year since the time a graduated. My focus right now is to further develop my skillset at work, to find new avenues where I can contribute with my experience and also to start preparing for the next year.

Did you manage to adhere to previous years resolutions?
    Yes and no. I made a lot of resolutions: some I could live up to, and some I simply couldn't keep. But this helped me identify the areas I need to work on for the next year.

It's almost New year. what resolution are you going to make this time?
    To make a daily routine for myself and stick to it. And to better my work life balance - This can come with the routine.

I feel like I can utilize my time more efficiently once I have a set daily routine compared to unplanned days where I make decisions on the go.

buntycubal, Nikkhil, eye842 and 9 others like this.
  8. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Kyle K.
    Both profession and personal life, looking to find a good balance if possible.

I wanted to do a better job of getting a more healthy amount of sleep considering I travel a lot. I think I made some progress.

I want to be more healthy in 2019, more exercise and eating a little better.

"Father time is undefeated."

9. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Shine L.
    We are focusing on our Feedback Monitor System which is powered by AI to collect and analyze user’s feedback from forum more efficiency.

Almost but not perfect. Still lots of things need to be done including getting issues fixed on time.

We are going to make some sticky posts about top issues collected and feature implemented in the forum and let users know what we did and what we will do.

We spend more time on handling with user’s feedback from the bug report, general or support by manual in such a low-efficiency way, which means less time to work on our software product feature feedback at the same time. Since we have added feature submitted section in the forum, we want to pay more attention to users’ feature feedback and also make our ROM more stability with the help of FMS.

buntycubal, Nikkhil, eye842 and 12 others like this.
  10. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Szymon K.
    Right now, my sole focus is on working on OxygenOS for India, planning it's shape for 2019. Some cool stuff cooking up for our Indian uses!

2018's resolutions has been challenging: sport once a week, at least 1 book a month, learn playing some new instrument - gotta say only second one worked out, but I was damn close with the sports one as well. Musical instrument was a total failure,

It's almost New year, what resolution are you going to make this time?What's the reason to make this resolution for 2019?
    Thanks for making me think about it! Gonna continue with the books and sports ones, dropping music and I'll go with I suppose even more ambitious one. After 2.5 years at OnePlus, high time to learn Chinese. In 2019 I'm planning to at least get it to a level of comfortable conversation with my colleagues.

11. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    @Trista W.
    Professionally, at this moment, I'm busy with 5th anniversary stuff and 2018 global community questionnaire, hoping to spot where we need improvements and how.
    Personally, developing my English....After entering Global Community team, I do realize there is a long way to say 'I'm proficient in English', and get more exercise and go on a diet to escape the punishment from office's sedentary lifestyle..

When it comes to the previous year's resolutions, I made a wish that I could pass the Gmat examination and find a beloved job. Fortunately, I have succeeded in both, especially joining OnePlus and meeting so many friendly fellows.

1. losing weight
    2. better in English, hope can continue my french learning
    3. be more skilled in data analysis
    4. better in time management

1. well, you know, I'm a girl, girls are always losing weight.
    2. so that I can communicate with our community users more conveniently and provide better content.
    3. if so, I can make my efforts to create a better community via combing data and activities.
    4. rid of discipline of school, I found I started wasting time unconsciously, which is really a bad habit.

12. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Dec 25, 2018 :
    I want to set this as my resolution as well. But I'm pretty sure I won't be able to follow that. :oops::sweatsmile:

Let's see @Ruby G. :smirk: I really hope that you keep it ;>

13. GopalB. Marshmallow Dec 25, 2018

14. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 25, 2018

15. the_o2 Lollipop Dec 25, 2018

Deepak.Si, G_plusone and BobbyV8_ like this.
  16. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Dec 25, 2018

BobbyV8_, Dec 25, 2018 :
    What are you testing? Go ahead and tell us

Deepak.Si and G_plusone like this.
  17. GopalB. Marshmallow Dec 25, 2018

GopalB., Dec 25, 2018 :
    Do it @David Y.!!!
    Do it!!! :p

Usually it just happens for us @David Y.!!! :p

So @Chris dB, please share your work so that we can enjoy your writing and @Crystal Z. please create some cooking thread and share your recipes with outcomes and experiences... ;)

You can sleep @Ruby G.!!! :p Just don't think much about it... o_O
    Also you can look at Indian sub forum for all the help you need... Have you seen how @Joel Jacob 's threads are all over there... ;)

So @Manu J. hope those food joints serve healthy food... :oops:

Damn @Joel Jacob, you've done a lot in one year span!!! :eek:

Looks like @Shine L. wrote that in an official mail to Pete... :p

@Szymon K. learn Hindi too... :p
    Also you forgot to mention your moustache... ;)

18. F_Mohammed_Salman_NIND Gingerbread Dec 25, 2018

F_Mohammed_Salman_NIND, Dec 25, 2018 :
    First of all we need more resolutions in upcoming oneplus devices

G_plusone and LuísDias117 like this.
  19. YASHPLUSONE. Jelly Bean Dec 25, 2018

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018

Ruby G. and G_plusone like this.
  20. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 25, 2018

camohan, Dec 25, 2018 :
    I really do not believe in New year resolutions. Be yourself, do good for self and others, rest will automatically get achieved.

Deepak.Si, G_plusone and BobbyV8_ like this.