OnePlus Student Ambassador Program: Experience

1. agarwalpratyush
    Donut Sep 29, 2020

agarwalpratyush , Sep 29, 2020 :
    IMG_20200830_112522.jpg

Pratyush Agarwal
    OnePlus Student Ambassador

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? The entire experience of being associated with OnePlus and working alongside the OnePlus team has been, simply put, phenomenal. Interacting with the OnePlus employees, receiving guidance from the OnePlus India team on our projects, and actually contributing to the projects being handled by them, are just a few of the many perks that this program has to offer. But there is so much more to it than just the recognition and the perks.

Working with OnePlus has made me realize the importance of healthy work culture. In a span of just 1.5 months, the entire team of Student Ambassadors has gotten so close that we feel like we've been working together for ages. I believe this stems from our mutual admiration, passion, and belief in the work we do, in addition to respect for one another.

I first found out about the OnePlus Student Ambassador Program in July 2019. I wasted no time filling out my application. However, I was rejected in the very last round. For a while, I was disheartened. But soon enough, I took it as an opportunity to polish myself and make up for what I lacked. I followed the OnePlus pages and kept an eye out for the next round of applications. I finally got to apply for a second time in June this year.

The exceedingly long selection process finally came to an end in August when I received this email.

email.jpg

I can't even begin to explain how amazing the past 1.5 months have been. Every day, there is something new to learn. Every day, we make a new discovery. Every day, we get to know each other a little better. There is always so much going on, that if you disappear for 3 hours at a stretch, you come back to hundreds of messages and some news.

There is so much that goes on behind-the-scenes for every event that OnePlus organizes, that in the initial days I couldn't even fathom how I'd cope with all the work at OnePlus and college at the same time. However, those initial days of fear soon turned into a form of motivation to do good and remarkable work more than anything else, and it's been extremely smooth-sailing ever since. This was also, of course, made possible because of the amazing team.

For the people that say working can never be fun, I would like to say, they have definitely never worked with a team like the OnePlus team. From hearing stories about the OnePlus Mobile launches and OPMF, to finally getting to be a part of one such launch (RCC x UBH Premiere), and then launching our very first pan-India event (CampusShotonOnePlus), we have done it all. And it has been only 45 days! Really excited to work on everything else that is in store for the coming months and keep organizing and executing newer, bigger, and better events throughout the duration of the OnePlus Student Ambassador Program.

Never Settle.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020

2. kaashvisaxena
    Eclair Sep 29, 2020

3. Some1Somewhere
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2020

SakshiTomar and agarwalpratyush like this.