OnePlus Support - 2019 Updates

1. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Nov 11, 2019

Tom B. , Nov 11, 2019 :
    CS 2019 Updates .jpg

Hey everyone!

We understand that support plays a significant role in the after-sale experience. This is why, in the last three quarters, OnePlus' support team has been working on some significant improvements, shaped by your valuable feedback. And now, we want to take a moment to share some of the key milestones with our community.

First Exclusive Service Center in Nordic

helsinki.jpg

With the intention of providing a faster and better support to the Nordic and Baltic countries, OnePlus Helsinki Exclusive Service Center (ESC) started its operations in June this year covering these regions. Users can also drop by our Helsinki ESC for walk-in service requests, to experience:

1. Fast repair service
    2. Hands-on experience with the latest OnePlus devices
    3. Ask questions and enjoy a cup of hot coffee.

You can learn more about our Helsinki ESC in our Finnish section.

Faster Service

Our Netherlands post-in repair service center turnaround time has decreased by 6%, providing faster service for our customers in Benelux, France, Germany, Spain, and Portugal regions. This means that you'll have to wait less to have your phone repaired, providing you a smoother experience.

In the future, we will further expand our local repair centers and offer swap unit services starting with the Netherlands and later to the UK and other EU regions.

OnePlus Care Exclusive Benefits - OCT 2019

OP+Benifits+TWITTER.jpg

Along with our latest flagship, the OnePlus 7T, we announced OnePlus Care Exclusive Benefits in India. We received an amazing response from our users in India including requests providing these benefits in other regions. All we can say now - Stay tuned for more updates for other regions. ;)

OnePlus Care Benefits offers:

1. Free 1-Year Extended Warranty
    2. 50% off on battery replacement
    3. Upgrade Plan

WhatsApp Support (India) - OCT 2019

whatsapp.png

WhatsApp support allows you to get in touch with one of our support chat agents almost instantly from your phone. WhatsApp service is available in India from 9 am to 9 pm IST (Mon-Sun).

We are also working on bringing WhatsApp support to EU regions, to provide you with another alternative channel to contact support.

China Offline Support Expansion

WYT_9462-3.jpg

We are further expanding the OnePlus exclusive repair center (ESC) footprint in China. In the third quarter of this year, four new ESC started operations in Hefei, Changsha, Xiamen, and Shijiazhuang.

North America - Self Service App

oneplus care.png

Our team is working hard to bring the OnePlus Care application to the North American region, to allow users to easily submit service requests and track the repair status. This application is expected to launch at the end of November. We will keep you posted and let you know when it is available for our users in North America.

OnePlus and Community Moderators Meet

On 4 July 2019, members of the OnePlus support team met community moderators in Shenzhen HQ for an open discussion. OnePlus support milestones were shared, plans were discussed in lengthy brainstorm sessions, which led us to kick off some challenging but valuable projects like the OnePlus Care App, OnePlus Care Benefits program and WhatsApp support.

OnePlus Support on Social Media - A new Chapter

onepluscs.jpg

Back in 2016, we started social media support to mainly assist OnePlus users with their queries. Starting from this year, we are bringing more updates from OnePlus Support including helpful tips, video guides, new changes, milestones and OnePlus Support inside stories. Feel free to let us know if you want to see more helpful content via our Twitter support channel.

OnePlus Star

We come across some inspiring after-sales stories that push us even further to go beyond and make a difference. We believe these stories are worth sharing with everyone and so we brought our first OnePlus Star, Dilshad, to the spotlight.

Watch Dilshad's story:

Have you ever been helped by a real OnePlus support Star? Tell us about them and, if your story is selected, you and the OnePlus Star who helped you will be featured in a short video. Share your stories with us by sending an email to customerstories@oneplus.com.

Once again, we would like to thank our community and users for your support. Do let us know if you find these improvements helpful and what we can do to help you better.

Your feedback will help shape the future of our Customer Service.

Never Settle.

2. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Nov 14, 2019

Stickied Post

3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 11, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Great thread, @Tom B. - thank you for the update.

Next time - and this is a free advice - maybe don't post a picture like this:

That guy is clearly telling them "I don't know, I have no idea what you're all talking about". :p

4. DavideG.
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2019

Thendrack likes this.
  6. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2019

Impersonal , Nov 11, 2019 :
    great initiatives all round, but OnePlus has a really long way to go on this endeavor, especially since service/suport (and cameras :p) are the biggest cons in buying a OP device, anyways as I said, great ideas, yes, they just need to be actually (further) developed, and work as advertised, until then it's just some marketing BS....
    It's awesome you are willing and wanting to get honest feedback, I suggest, browsing the Community forums first, even if Halloween passed, you'll surely find some (a lot actually) absolutely horific examples on how things are factually going in reality, in this department ...

ratansuthar00 likes this.
  7. satiranjan
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2019

satiranjan , Nov 11, 2019 :
    I need help for unlocking problem of my one plus 7 phone.when switch on screen is opened inspite of screen is locked by pin and finger print.
    Thank in advance for help
    SATIRANJAN

8. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 11, 2019

camohan , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Hey Tom, it's good to know that service centres are being opened in physical format as compared to online touch. It may not be a cost effective solution for some part of the world, but it's surely going to improve customer satisfaction.

In India, physical service centre are a big hit so is offline sale centres.

For users who don't have time to go to physical stores, I think concept of physical pick up and drop facility (like oneplus servify in India) will go a long way from after sales perspective.

9. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 11, 2019

FlixbusLennart , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Disable Google Smart Lock

10. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 11, 2019

camohan , Nov 11, 2019 :
    This is not the right thread to ask this question. Go to settings, security, smart lock and disable it

11. darren190390
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2019

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  12. FlixbusLennart

FlixbusLennart , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Congrats for these achievements. I see less and less complaints about CS. However, there's still a lot to do, especially in Europe.
    People need the feeling of having a service center, or some sort of support, around the corner, I think.

No. Fortunately, I have never had a reason to contact Customer Support.
    However, I want to thank the likes of @SoniaB, @dsmonteiro, @Trista W. and @Crystal Z. (everyone else included but not named) for the time and effort they put into this Community. They are storytellers, contest-hosters, entertainers and group managers and they excel in what they do.
    I constantly see requests that would belong to Customer Service being cleared by the marketing/community staff - in a respectful, helpful, assuring and often witty manner. I don't know how long I would survive the bombardement of questions for Android updates, "self-breaking" glass backs and water resistance being tested, all on top of a full-time community manager/marketing/whatever job.
    Kudos and thanks to you people, you're my "Support Stars". :)

13. FlixbusLennart

FlixbusLennart , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Don't we all ask for honest ads from time to time?
    Here's the OnePlus approach :D

SoniaB likes this.
  14. Rajatkumar29
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2019

KenReed and ShreyasAradhyaP like this.
  15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Nov 11, 2019

Starcommander , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Congratulations team oneplus. Your service is something I liked from the days of oneplus 3. Seeing improvements is a welcome change

16. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2019

obakesan , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Typical meeting day haha I have them the time [e]1f609[/e]

17. F1542927936627
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2019

F1542927936627 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Are you serious? I have spent the last two days trying to get you people to understand that Yes, OnePlus actually did make a 7T device for TMobile! hd1907.

Why am I having to spoon feed your inept Level 2 techs?. I had the exact software version I needed and pointed out numerous times it's for the hd1907 and what does your idiotic Level 2 tech do? Sends me a link to the Indian AA software. ya thanks.

And now I have a remote session tomorrow with those geniuses in level 2 tech and they have already told me to prepare by downloading their file WHICH INCLUDED THE 1910 SOFTWARE PACKAGE!

Could your CS be any worse?! You know how angry I will be of they can't unbrick me tomorrow after all this?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019

18. FelipeXD , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Why did you remove the airplane animation in airplane mode (details matter). And when would we expect support for landscape mode on UI settings, OnePlus Launcher, OnePlus apps? These is really important.Why did you remove the airplane animation in airplane mode (details matter). And when would we expect support for landscape mode on UI settings, OnePlus Launcher, OnePlus apps? These is really important.

19. F_A_Sudhakar_Reddy_oQtt
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2019

F_A_Sudhakar_Reddy_oQtt , Nov 11, 2019 :
    I had recently upgraded from OnePlus 3t to 7 pro..but there are lot of lagging and sometimes screen gets struck and there will be no response and its very frustrating to use this 7 pro..some of the apps are frequently getting hanged..very disappointed with this upgrade..kindly fix this issues..

Z1575970449524 likes this.
  20. Smxtren
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2019

AanandRoy and Sanjeevone like this.