OnePlus Support COVID-19 Loaner Phone and Insurance Extension

1. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Apr 2, 2020

Tom B. , Apr 2, 2020 :
    CS COVID Post 2.png

Hello everyone,

Just last week, we announced our "Returns and Warranty update" to provide continuity of after-sales services during the COVID-19 period. Since then, our team worked tirelessly to support you further,

Today, we are bringing you two important updates – Loaner phone service and Insurance extension – to help you stay connected and keep your device safe.

Loaner phone service
    As promised the pilot stage for the loaner phone service is here. This will allow you to stay in touch with your loved ones if your phone is out for repair. At first, we'll roll out this service on a limited, trial basis in the US, Canada, UK, and the Netherlands. We hope to expand this service to other countries later.

To ensure you always have a device in hand during the repair process, we'll ship you the loaner phone first so that you can back up your data and ship out your phone for repair. Here's a quick walkthrough of the process:

upload_2020-4-2_17-18-34.png

Insurance extension:
    We understand mishaps can happen at any time, so to protect the OnePlus device, we're providing you continuous coverage by extending your insurance to May 31 if yours expires between March 1 and May 30. Users in India, Europe, and North America with insurance claims can directly contact OnePlus support to request claim service.

To learn more about the preventive measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, community members, and the recent return and warranty updates, click here.

We've also added an FAQ page to answer some of the common questions regarding warranty adjustments and our service continuity plan based on regions. You can find more here: India Europe North America

Please reach out to OnePlus Support if you need help and follow @OnePlus_Support on Twitter for more updates on our action plans.

Stay safe!

Never Settle.

superplus, Tom B. and poppingwings like this.
  3. Martin_VN
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2020

superplus, Tom B. and poppingwings like this.
  4. poppingwings
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2020

Tom B. likes this.
  5. devil112
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2020

abdullahp likes this.
  6. ststeja
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 3, 2020

8. deep0611
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2020

9. MrAndrewFreedman
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

10. bipuwam
    Eclair Apr 4, 2020

11. superplus
    Lollipop Head Moderator Apr 4, 2020

superplus , Apr 4, 2020 :
    Wow, that is very awesome! I know people can be anxious about being without their phone for a while, for various reasons, and especially in these times it's good to be able to have a phone to keep in touch with our loved ones. I hope the trial goes well and other countries will be included soon!

the_o2 and Jimbo the Great like this.
  12. Jimbo the Great
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2020

Jimbo the Great , Apr 5, 2020 :
    What steps do you take to sanitize the loaner phones?

I mean... I don't know... Umm....
    Coronavirus.

You know how much sneezing, coughing, drooling, and other bodily excretions end up on a phone...

Heck... Coronavirus may be the least of your problems... I'll unplug for a couple days thanks... 😝

13. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Apr 5, 2020

the_o2 , Apr 5, 2020 :
    Great,
    Keep doing the best 👍🏻
    Hope many countries will be included in this soon :)

14. sabir.sayed
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2020

16. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Apr 8, 2020

devil112 likes this.

18. vineetp1
    Cupcake May 9, 2020