OnePlus Support COVID-19 Returns and Warranty Update

1. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Mar 25, 2020

Tom B. , Mar 25, 2020 :
    header.png

Hello everyone!

As Pete mentioned in his recent post, "nothing is more important to us than the health and wellbeing of our employees, customers, community members, partners, and the entire OnePlus family." OnePlus remains committed to serve and provide continuity of after-sales services during these uncertain times.

While the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we wanted to take a moment to let you know that the OnePlus Support team is taking immediate initiatives to ensure safe and smooth customer service as best as we can for our users in all supported regions at this time. Preventive measures have been implemented at all locations, including enhanced cleaning procedures, strict hygiene, sanitation requirements, and requiring work from home in accordance with guidance from local government and public health authorities across the globe.

Our hope is that we can continue to provide uninterrupted after-sales service to the best of our ability. To achieve this, we've set up a special team that will continue to assess this situation as it evolves, adjusting existing policies and operations temporarily to best maintain continuity and support.

To meet some of the most urgent needs of our customers, we've come up with the following plans for all regions, effective immediately:
    1. Extending everyone's warranty to May 31 if yours expires between March 1 and May 30.
      Update: Given the present situation, we are further extending the warranty to 30 June 2020 for warranties originally expiring between 1 March 2020 and 29 June 2020.
    2. Extending our return and replacement period from 15 to 30 days.
    3. Providing free two-way shipping for all returns, replacements, and repairs.
    Additionally, we are also working on a back-up device program that will allow you to stay connected with your loved ones if your phone is out for repair. Initially, the back-up device program will be in the pilot stage available for Europe and North America with limited stock, however, we will do our best to support you.

We are aiming to make the process simple and fast so that users who don't have a spare phone at hand during repair can easily apply for a back-up unit through OnePlus support channels.

We've also added an FAQ page to answer some of the common questions regarding warranty adjustments and our service continuity plan based on regions. You can find more here: India Europe North America

It is truly heartwarming to see everyone coming together to help each other. We are all in this together and we are thankful for each of our team members, the entire OnePlus community, and all of our partners for their support and contribution to help implement these changes within such a short time.

We encourage all our customers to follow public instructions to stay safe and healthy, and know that we are with you in these challenging times.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to OnePlus Support for help and follow @OnePlus_Support on Twitter for more updates on our action plans.

Stay Strong!

OnePlus Support Team
    Never Settle.

2. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Jun 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tom B. , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Update:

As a brand, we remain committed to serving our community. Given the present situation, we are further extending the warranty to 30 June 2020 for warranties originally expiring between 1 March 2020 and 29 June 2020.

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 25, 2020

Dresa91 , Mar 25, 2020 :
    thank you for this update!

Stay safe, strong and at home everyone!!!:)

4. ankitgondalia
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Mar 25, 2020

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020

5. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Mar 25, 2020

Artemus., cdnfarmer, Xtermy and 7 others like this.
  6. Mr.Smarty
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2020

7. Tompi-One
    Eclair Mar 25, 2020

Tompi-One , Mar 25, 2020 :
    Thank You!

However, the service is inadequate!
    The phone was repaired where the USB-C was replaced. I got it back with the microphone faulty! He went to a second workshop where the microphone was repaired! It has returned and the error is still present, ie NO repair the microphone!
    Now they ask me to resend it for repair!
    It has been 2 weeks for repairs this month ...
    After that I asked for a replacement but it must be sent to the service for inspection. Why? At the second service it was sent separately for quality control and I still got it wrong.
    If OnePlus replaces the phone I will rate service / support as positive. But for now: negative!
    I use my phone for work and pay so it is quite difficult to have the phone constantly serviced!

8. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Mar 25, 2020

the_o2 , Mar 25, 2020 :
    Great,

Yeah nothing is more important than our health, thanks for increasing the warranty.

Stay strong everyone.

Y.Singh, drl431, Bouncer71 and 4 others like this.
  9. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 25, 2020

meatandy , Mar 25, 2020 :
    I have a stable and clean op3 if you're in need of a loaner device .

11. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Mar 25, 2020

jlasensiofi , Mar 25, 2020 :
    Thanks @Tom B. for the post. It is very satisfying to see the interest in us, something that at this moment is of special thanks :hearteyes:

Take good care of yourself, please.

Bouncer71 and Batman360 like this.
  13. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 25, 2020

Bouncer71 likes this.
  14. Siddharth Patwal
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2020

Siddharth Patwal , Mar 25, 2020 :
    Another master stroke from Pete & team...... One plus cease to amaze us... Be it their products or price, services, events,rewards..... Anythn, they olways deliver top notch services.... Keep up the good work guys.... Most important stay safe.... [e]1f60a[/e][e]1f44d[/e]🏻

Muzaffar Pasha Chiya likes this.
  15. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 25, 2020

16. Godfather 1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 25, 2020

kiruba Y1584633929253 likes this.
  17. I1577100763989
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2020

18. Fabio.Mar
    KitKat Assistant Head Moderator Mar 25, 2020

Fabio.Mar , Mar 25, 2020 :
    thank for the update and the nice initiative! Hope that this kind of initiative will be taken from many other people when talking about shipments and return! well done

Bouncer71 likes this.
  19. D1539265182445
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2020

20. Prakash4635
    Froyo Mar 25, 2020

Bouncer71 likes this.