Oneplus support is ignoring me.

1. stephenboyo
    KitKat Feb 15, 2016

stephenboyo , Feb 15, 2016 :
    If youre so passionate about video recording and photography Why don't you just get a proper camera with video recorder instead of relying on a smartphone it will save you the agony and will be money well spent. Smartphone cameras generally are not that great, if you're into that sort of thing. My OPX camera works fine on the go, but I'll use a Cannon for more serious stuff.

meatandy likes this.
  2. nyzproof333
    KitKat Feb 15, 2016

nyzproof333 , Feb 15, 2016 :
    I hope you need it one day and then we can see if your attitude remains the same.

zaphod-beeblebrox and meatandy like this.
  3. gringoboy
    Lollipop Feb 15, 2016

gringoboy , Feb 15, 2016 :
    Lol. I will just buy another phone. Simple. I knew the risks, as the phone had been out for ages and it was pretty clear support wasn't great. I did the research. It's about 18 months old now, so I feel I've had pretty good value out of it and won't bother with any RMA or suchlike. In fact, I'm already eyeing up its replacement. I'll just have to wait for it to be released and see some reviews. It will most likely be another Chinese phone with less than stellar support, but I don't mind as I'll have my eyes fully open. If such things were that important to me, I'd buy an iPhone or Nexus.

In any case, I'm not referring to those who actually need support. They have my deepest sympathy because I've seen it just as much as anyone.

4. brehmc
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2016

brehmc , Feb 15, 2016 :
    I intended to return my phone unopened.
    They are polite and pretend to be cooperative, answering in the live chat and tickets...
    ... Until it becomes concrete. Several persons assured that they will initiate the RMA process, but that never happened.

I even opened a PayPal dispute. They then asked me to close it, since otherwise they could not start the RMA process. I immediately did so, and never heard from them again!

That behavior is unacceptable. It's like buying a used item in ebay; without any liability...

5. stephenboyo
    KitKat Feb 15, 2016

stephenboyo , Feb 15, 2016 :
    A lot of the non-hardware issues can be resolved by troubleshooting your phone or asking someone on the forum. I doubt that OP will be able to address the thousands of individual complaints they receive outside of the more generic OS issues which they usually fix with OTA updates and patches. If the problem isn't a generic software problem then its local to an individual's phone and so there's no point asking OP to resolve it, because it is most likely caused by a glitch on the phone or a bug in an app. Many people still struggle with running an Android phone, without realising that they can resolve 99% of the issues themselves. I've never had to call OP to fix a bug (OS or non-OS related) on my OPO or OPX neither have I done that with my other non-OP phones.

6. ledurmadur
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2016

ledurmadur , Feb 15, 2016 :
    Wow I wish I'd have seen this before ordering. Having massive problems getting answers from OnePlus regarding a returned OnePlus X. The item did not get delivered to my hotel because of a misunderstanding at the hotel, and now it has been returned to OnePlus, but no answers from their "return" department. It seems they don't want to give me my money back eventhough I never got the item.

7. gringoboy
    Lollipop Feb 15, 2016

gringoboy , Feb 15, 2016 :
    @Adam Krisko can help. Pm him your ticket number if you have one. You can also raise a dispute with PayPal. How long ago did this happen?

8. Adam Krisko
    User of the Year 2013 Feb 15, 2016

Adam Krisko , Feb 15, 2016 :
    @gringoboy @zaphod-beeblebrox guys lets be civil, this is not an elementary school playground. Can we all act like the adults we are? If a particular user is bothering you or you do not like the way they post, I suggest using the ignore feature.

9. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Feb 15, 2016

zaphod-beeblebrox , Feb 15, 2016 :
    If gringoboy posts and I wish to comment I will comment. If he posts something offensive, I will still be reporting his posts. These are the forum rules are they not?

10. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Feb 15, 2016

zaphod-beeblebrox , Feb 15, 2016 :
    So let me get this straight you would buy another phone instead of contacting OnePlus for a warranty return if the device developed a fault through no fault of your own. How about if the phone was just delivered to you,would you go out and buy another phone then?
    Its beyond me why any rational person buying a product with a warranty would do this, buy it takes all sorts to make a world I guess. Not advice I would recommend others in following though.

11. Ciscokd0809
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2016

Ciscokd0809 , Feb 16, 2016 :
    Yes i have the same issue they receive my phone on February 3rd , I called last week and they told me they will let me know when they fix it . Today is the 16th and still nothing...

12. Ciscokd0809
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2016

Ciscokd0809 , Feb 16, 2016 :
    How long did it take for them to repair it?

13. Ron1122
    Froyo Feb 16, 2016

Ron1122 , Feb 16, 2016 :
    I have the same problem after one week still have no response from the support team. Ticket is still open but no one is answering my questions.

14. halninekay
    Froyo Feb 17, 2016

halninekay , Feb 17, 2016 :
    I think it was something about 10 days. Shipping included.

15. Ciscokd0809
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

16. jp_1plus
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2016

jp_1plus , Feb 17, 2016 :
    2 months and I am still waiting. Adam has been very helpful, but in general it takes CS a few days to respond to anything. Not an ideal form of communication in my opinion.

People wonder why I purchased a Nexus 6P 2 days after my home button / fingerprint scanner crapped out. Wait 2+ months? Pass.

17. rbgarcia
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

rbgarcia , Feb 17, 2016 :
    Agreed, Adam is very responsive. I've been waiting on confirmation of my RMA.

18. pkeros
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

pkeros , Feb 17, 2016 :
    I just keep calling them asking for concrete answers about my repair. They will respond with some vague response, and I get no more information than I had before. I still have no idea when I will get my phone back, and it's been nearly 3 weeks.

19. nico445
    Eclair Feb 19, 2016

nico445 , Feb 19, 2016 :
    Update on this topic. seems that Oneplus lost my phone. Got a new one in the mail today free of charge :D. (had a broken screen so that is pretty nice). Let's hope this one will work out perfect. This is my 3rd Oneplus One.

20. gringoboy
    Lollipop Feb 19, 2016

gringoboy , Feb 19, 2016 :
    Good stuff. Nice to see something end well.

Ceasedd and Tokolozi like this.