OnePlus Support is non-existant

1. LC!
    Eclair Aug 26, 2014

LC! , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Don't publish such a BULLSHIT! This has nothing to do with software, it is a production issue. My phone is always up-to-date, I am working in this industry! So before talking trash -> inform yourself. Yellow band and yellow screen are not the same issue. The second thing refers to the color temperature which was changed by update!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014

Andreagennari and mstrmind5 like this.
  2. flo rin
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

flo rin , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Ok, mr."working in this industry"
    Cool down.
    It's a forum, so, do explain it with patient.
    .....Btw, opo says it's from software....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014

bibina likes this.
  3. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2014

n19htmare , Aug 27, 2014 :
    .....and you believed them? Hahahahaha. You are a fool.
    The yellow banding is a hardware defect. Even OPO says it's a side effect of hardware they use and that its a feature lol.

Andreagennari and LC! like this.
  4. LC!
    Eclair Aug 27, 2014

LC! , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Yes, it's a forum and people should not publishing wrong information or try to instruct other people with that. Repeating wrong information is just bullshit! Ask if you don't know it, especially ask people who have the phone or more than one of it! I bought three OPOs and only one of them does NOT have the problem but running all the same firmware: So HOW can this be from software, Mr. "I believe everything what "OPO" says"?? A yellow band you have to code and the band is not truly a band it is also passing the corners.

"OPO says" explains everything...

Andreagennari likes this.
  5. Pandasaurus12
    Froyo Sep 3, 2014

Pandasaurus12 , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Ayyy, so I escalated the Paypal claim I filed over a week ago yesterday, and what do you know, I FINALLY get a reply from OP saying that I can return the phone for a full refund. Guess this is the only way to elicit a response out of them. Keep this is mind if any of your phones come defective.

rmazzara likes this.
  6. iwantafoneyo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2014

iwantafoneyo , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Anyone know how long the paypal refund period is good for? i got my phone in july 23ish. I really don't want to wait a month to get another phone.

7. obliter8
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2014

obliter8 , Sep 3, 2014 :
    I guess the lack of support is a result of buying from a small startup :(

rmazzara likes this.
  8. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

9. obliter8
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2014

obliter8 , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Probably, yes. They won't have the pan-product, pan-business line technical & QC support that a Samsung or Sony has.

10. sbumeder
    Jelly Bean Sep 3, 2014

sbumeder , Sep 3, 2014 :
    I have read 45 days, but I am unsure if that is correct. You need to contact PayPal to find out for sure.

11. fishmd
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

12. iwantafoneyo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2014

iwantafoneyo , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Thanks ill contact them today. it'll be pretty close!

13. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Add me up to the same group of people who have now opened a case with Paypal to get a refund because of a DOA and I'm certain OnePlus will only try to jerk me around, just got one reply, where they told me to pay EUR 147 to get a DOA phone touch screen fixed!!! Don't know how the warranty became a paying issue or how they diagnosed my problem to a touch screen issue just by reading an e-mail...but hey, let's do like everyone else and call this company a "newcomer", but nevertheless I'm now just interested in getting my money back. Unfortunately Paypal has given OnePlus 20 freaking days to respond and solve the issue which I know they won't so for the next 4-6 weeks I'll be without a working cell phone and that pisses me off so much I have no words to use anymore. Check my sig for the link to my DOA issue and the customer support's respond to my e-mail.

topsales likes this.
  14. topsales
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 4, 2014

topsales , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Claim back with PayPal first, than escalate. It is the ONLY way to get OPO to respond. I plan on not waiting another 24 from claiming a defective unit.

15. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Yeah hear you man, done that now, in Paypal's resolution box, opened a case. No way I'll be waiting any further either, I mean I figure I'll be w/o a working phone for the next two months anyways...so why wait for a crappy support to give me crappy replies again? Just want my money back to get on with my life now. This was just a bad mistake...after they hyped up their crappy phone and crappy support so much, it all can only go one way...what goes up, will come down eventually....

topsales likes this.
  16. bibina
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2014

bibina , Sep 4, 2014 :
    After sending a support ticket, they answered in less than a week, and my problem is fixed.so ...

17. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Yeah well if you're lucky enough not to have a DOA unit and they ask you to pay them EUR 147 for repair so....

18. bibina
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2014

19. ai31587
    Donut Feb 13, 2015

ai31587 , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Anyone have an issue with phone making strange alarm noise when in a flip case with the case fully open? More importantly, how to fix it?

20. roton
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

roton , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Another unhappy customer checking in. I've also decided to go via paypal dispute after posting a thread here. It seems to be the only way forward.

If only google or amazon had made this device....