Other OnePlus Switch full backup and cloud features

1. RRigamondi
    Donut Mar 9, 2020

RRigamondi , Mar 9, 2020 :
    In the last few days I've seen a bunch of people asking how to make a full backup of their phone. As a rooted user I have to rely on Titanium Backup to have full backups of all my apps and their data. But many people are just unlocking their bootloader for the first time forcing them to wipe everything, or need a full backup of their phone before sending it off to the official assistance. Their only option for a full backup is using adb, but it's a really hacky method for the average user, and it's prone to failures.
    Since OnePlus already has a proprietary data restore app, it would be great if OnePlus Switch was a system app with more advanced options, like full backups of all apps, data, and files on storage, with options to back it all up on a PC or on Google Drive.
    I recently had my OP6t stolen and had to switch to a 7t, but my last backup was a few weeks before the theft. Titanium Backup had failed to start backing up on Drive so all I had was a relatively old backup, and I was so thankful I had at least that to restore. Sadly Google's own backup option aren't that great and only cover whatever has to do with the Google Account. I feel like many people who maybe lost their phones or damaged them would even be more prone to buy a new OnePlus if they knew OnePlus Switch could restore everything even from the cloud.

2. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 10, 2020

pablofg1978 , Mar 10, 2020 :
    Having a full backup of hundreds of Gbs in cloud is not free. Also it would take forever to retrieve.

3. RRigamondi
    Donut Mar 16, 2020

RRigamondi , Mar 16, 2020 :
    I have my app data backup and it's like 6GB out of 60GB it takes uncompressed on my phone. It can be compressed to a great extent. But anyway it would even be nice enough if it could save it to a computer or an external disk

4. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 16, 2020

pablofg1978 , Mar 16, 2020 :
    What stops you now from doing that?

5. RRigamondi
    Donut Mar 17, 2020

RRigamondi , Mar 17, 2020 :
    Nothing, I already have my daily backup on the cloud. It'd just be a good option for non root users