OnePlus Trade-In department lost/stole my phone

1. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 5, 2019

themadhatterxxx, Jun 5, 2019 :
    So I submitted my One Plus 5T 128gb phone for trade in for $200 and I got an email this morning saying it was rejected because Apple Activation Lock Not Disabled. How is this even a thing when I'm trading in a OnePlus 5T and not an iPhone??? I factory reset the phone before submitting it.

Sargo likes this.
  2. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 5, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 5, 2019 :
    You need the customer support.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

3. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 6, 2019

themadhatterxxx, Jun 6, 2019 :
    Yes I've called customer support twice now and "they're still investigating". This doesn't make any sense to me. Something tells me these incompetent people lost my phone. This is ridiculous, I sent my phone which was in mint condition in the box along with using their return shipping label. My phone has a specific IMEI number which I inputted on the website to start the trade-in. I don't understand how they could mix up my phone with an iPhone.

4. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 7, 2019

Hydra Bob likes this.
  5. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Jun 7, 2019

theshinybeast and Hydra Bob like this.
  6. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 7, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 7, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  7. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 7, 2019

B_Wrath likes this.
  8. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 10, 2019

themadhatterxxx, Jun 10, 2019 :
    I've PM'ed you with my trade in # and email address.

I've called support 3 different times now and have gotten nowhere.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019

Dbitt likes this.
  9. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 11, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 11, 2019 :
    I have escalated this for you

10. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 11, 2019

11. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 11, 2019

themadhatterxxx, Jun 11, 2019 :
    I did it through the settings. I then rebooted the phone made sure it started up into the initial sign in screens and then powered it off. But why should this matter? I sent in a OnePlus 5T, not an iPhone. I even went to Apple's iCloud website and made sure my OnePlus 5T was not anywhere on there.

The first 2 people I spoke to last week promised me that this would be resolved within 1 - 2 business days. That was on June 4.
    The last person I spoke to yesterday promised me that I would get a response yesterday and never called or emailed me with an update.

I maintain my point: Someone there either lost my phone and mixed it up with another account and they won't admit it, or someone there stole my phone.
    Neither of which is my fault or responsibility.
    I did what the instructions said and sent in my phone after factory resetting it in the box with the shipping label.

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextra...umber=483892122784&cntry_code=us&locale=en_US

12. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 11, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 11, 2019 :
    I was just chatting/troubleshooting with other mods when I escalated your case and we wondered if it was because if you do the reset via recovery you will still have the phone locked to the google account and possibly the email itself was a standard one (albeit wrong). So I thought to ask.

That said, I have escalated the case and waiting on an update

13. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 11, 2019

Hi i just checked my google android account and apparently the device is still listed under me. Now, if I remove it from my account will this resolve the situation? I won't do anything until you let me know...I think the other part of this is verifying who has possession of the phone because I don't want to remove it unless this is verified.

14. Lord_Babass Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2019

Lord_Babass, Jun 11, 2019 :
    if you did your factory reset through recovery, next time you start the phone, it asks you to enter an account that was previously used on it - so it's a lock

if you did factory reset by clicking in settings menus, thsis souldn't happen, so there might be a problem on OP side

-> how did you factory reset ?

SoniaB likes this.
  15. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 11, 2019

I think I did it thru the settings in the menu but I can't remember for sure at this point, that was on May 24th when I sent the phone. Regardless, OnePlus should instruct users to check their Google android account directly to make sure the device is removed before submitting it.

But I do see that on my Android account the device is still listed under my account. Maybe that's what the trade-in department meant when they said "Apple Activation Lock Not Disabled", although one would think they would be told to say the correct thing to inform people.

16. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 11, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 11, 2019 :
    I have replied to your PM also. Please wait until I get clarification from the escalation team

17. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 12, 2019

pablofg1978 likes this.
  18. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 12, 2019

19. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 14, 2019

themadhatterxxx, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I've been without my phone for 3 weeks now and 2 days now and still nothing. Honestly, at this point,what are they working on regarding it? It's been 2 weeks since they signed receipt of my phone.

20. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 17, 2019

themadhatterxxx, Jun 17, 2019 :
    So almost a week has gone by from the time this was escalated and now over 3 weeks without my phone since I shipped it on May 24th.
    I've changed the thread title to accurately reflect the situation.

What is astonishing to me is how they refuse to address the situation or acknowledge the truth.

What's even more ridiculous is the fact that they won't own up to their own mistake and offer me the original voucher because they cannot locate my phone.

Simply horrible customer service: Lose the customer's device? Lets ignore it until it goes away!

This will be the last time I ever buy anything from this company again.
    Judging from all the performance complaints I've seen here, this is what OnePlus is now, they've now been around long enough to be worse than companies they were trying to undercut.

Looking forward to the Asus Zenphone 6 when it gets released here in the U.S. next month.

Dbitt likes this.