OnePlus Trade-In Issues

?

What has your OnePlus trade-in experience been like?

1. Great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

6.3%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Unacceptable

93.8%
  1. T1541473384698 Cupcake Jul 17, 2019

T1541473384698, Jul 17, 2019 :
    I am having a pretty bad trade-in experience.

June 26th
    I started the trade-in process and was quoted $270 for my OP6 256GB version.
    July 1st
    I received the trade-in shipping box, which you put your phone into and they have a pre-printed return label to ship via FedEx.
    July 2nd
    I stopped at FedEx and sent my phone in for trade-in and was told July 8th would be the latest for the phone to arrive at the destination. Have my receipt.
    July 8th
    I looked online at the trade-in value for the OnePlus 6 256mb it is now $170 additionally, the shipping is showing a pending state since July 6th on the FedEx website at the final destination Fort Worth, TX. I contacted FedEx to get an update on the shipping. They did not respond.
    July 10th
    I contacted OnePlus support and my first chat was closed out of. My second chat, I was told my concerns would be escalated and that I would hear back within 24 to 48 hours.
    July 12th
    Since I did not hear back from support, I contacted support again and they told me to wait as it takes 2-3 weeks to process the phone but they would get back to me in 24/48 hours.
    July 17th
    I have not heard back from support so I emailed Oneplus support again they said they would get back to me in 24/48 hours. FedEx shipping still shows the package in the pending state since July 6th in Fort Worth, Texas. I am just hoping Oneplus does something. Again, I am not happy at all with this program and had I known, I would have just kept my OP6. This process makes me feel like I am getting scammed and that OP doesn't really care for its customers. Especially ones that have used and purchased products before. I loved the company purchased the OP6, bullet wireless, and was a big advocate until this process really turned that around and have seen others dealing with the same type of support and issues.
    [​IMG]

2. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jul 17, 2019

SoniaB, Jul 17, 2019 :
    Have you spoken to FedEx at all? The fact that its sitting at "pending" without any movement towards delivery would make me suspect that the parcel is lost

3. T1541473384698 Cupcake Jul 18, 2019

T1541473384698, Jul 18, 2019 :
    I've called FedEx twice but as I did not pay nor am I the recipient of the shipping order I have no input and they can only provide me shipping updates.

4. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jul 18, 2019

SoniaB, Jul 18, 2019 :
    PM me your OnePlus support ticket number/case ID and I will escalate.

As I said though, as the package tracking has not moved on from FedEx it does make me suspect that the package is "lost".
    If that is the case then OnePlus CS will have contacted FedEx who would open an investigation on their side, which would cause further delay in your case being resolved.
    But it would be good for you to be informed on exactly what stage your case is at

5. M1541295860732 Cupcake Jul 19, 2019

M1541295860732, Jul 19, 2019 :
    I have been trying to get my less than six month old ONEPLU6 returned to me after my original offer of 240.00 was lowered to 150.00. I have never traded in an old phone before, but thought that ONEPLUS was an honest, trustworthy company (or I wouldn't have purchased two new phones in less than six months) When I declined the lowered offer, I requested my ONEPLUS6 returned. I received a package, and when opened discovered a beat up IPHONE!. I instantly opened a ticket with customer support, and, thirty days later I have still not received any answers nor any value for my ONEPLUS6. Worst thing is I really like the ONEPLUS phones and really do not want to go back to GOOGLE and the PIXEL line for my next 5G phone!

T1541473384698 likes this.
  6. T1541473384698 Cupcake Jul 20, 2019

T1541473384698, Jul 20, 2019 :
    I've never traded in a phone and will never do it again. I am really sorry to hear about your experience and can't believe there has been no response after 30 days. I also like Oneplus phones and just wanted a fair upgrade trade to the OP7P from my OP6. I'm in the same boat and was wondering what is going to happen if I reject the original offer as I am sure Oneplus will lower the offer from the $270 I was quoted to probably $140-$160. The IMEI is attached to my phone so its easy to know if they return my phone or not. I'm interested in receiving updates on your case and how it is resolved. I wouldn't mind hiring a lawyer or getting a class action started as I feel like many people have been scammed by the Oneplus "trade in program".

7. T1541473384698 Cupcake Jul 20, 2019

T1541473384698, Jul 20, 2019 :
    July 20th Update:

FedEx now shows a delivered status for July 8th. This is very strange as you can see the pending status in my first post and I am not sure why all of a sudden FedEx is showing delivery for July 8th. Anyway, if this is true, OnePlus says on the trade-in website that the phone will be inspected and the condition verified within 3 business days. I should have received my trade-in value and voucher by July 11th. This definitely is not the case as today is July 20th and I have been lied to as a consumer and there has been no resolution as I do not have a phone or voucher and this process is continuing into the 4th week. I would just like a phone and for someone to take responsibility and make this correct. I really am fed up with how poor this process has been and the speed at which support has responded as I have reached out multiple times for a resolution by email, phone, forums, yet all I am getting is we are sorry sir we are escalating this issue and you will hear back from someone in 24/48 hours. I have not heard back from anyone in the 24/48 hour timeframe that I was told.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. F_John_Hendo_Henderson_J Cupcake Jul 22, 2019

F_John_Hendo_Henderson_J, Jul 22, 2019 :

9. F_John_Hendo_Henderson_J Cupcake Jul 22, 2019

F_John_Hendo_Henderson_J, Jul 22, 2019 :
    This is bull shit they did me dirty also.....need to start a class action lawsuit. They returned my iPhone with no response why and I got no trade and they made sure I wasn't getting a trade...for this reason alone I want nothing to do with oneplus...if they would take their phone back which I paid 729 bucks for expecting a trade...I'd gladly go back to my iPhone which has no issues...some one at iPhone says phones that are returned have issue and are of no value...whelp I have my phone back which works perfectly with no issues...imagine that now I have their phone...what a joke....

hvrbolla and T1541473384698 like this.
  10. susancsc Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

susancsc, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I sent my OnePlus 5 to the Trade In program on 5th July but I haven't had a message to say that it has been received and in my account under 'trade-in status' it still says quoted...but the tracking link provided by the delivery service says that the phone was delivered to ZigZag (eg. OnePlus) on 9th July. I have contacted OnePlus several times and each time they tell me that the case has been escalated and I just have to wait for it to be resolved. It is now 7th August!!
    I will never buy another OnePlus phone.