OnePlus TV 2020 Wall Mount

1. H1589473898920 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 15, 2020 :
    No , installation guy provided this wall mount.

2. himanshuprakash2009
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2020

himanshuprakash2009 , Jul 15, 2020 :
    Got it. Still, I think it was quite strange that the person who came for installation in my case did not come up with OnePlus mount and instead, installed another generic mount.
    It could also be a possibility that he actually lied to me to make money.

3. Darshil_Raichura , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jul 15, 2020 :
    Can you send the photo of box?

4. himanshuprakash2009
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2020

himanshuprakash2009 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    I have got the following message from Amazon today:
    Dear Customer,

As a follow up for the escalation you have raised, our technician has updated that the escalated appointment is scheduled on 20/07/2020
    In case, our technician has not contacted you regarding the scheduled date, kindly revert back to us.

I am still not sure if the TV wall mount is actually chargeable but I will ask the team to provide the OnePlus stand instead of the generic stand.

Venky61 likes this.
  5. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Got my 55U1 installed. Personnel charged me 500 for wall mount. Wall mount seemed to be bought from a local store and not generic.

I also see an installation option in one plus care app but due to covid 19 they are not providing service. Also, want to know if the installation from one plus care app free of charge? Please have a look at the one plus care app. My experience with the Amazon installation was pretty bad and I want a professional installation from one plus if possible. Bad experience include scratches from the installation guy, improper screws used and a backward tilt on the wall. Tilt is because he hurriedly installed without using original screws and stuff and he put the orignal screws in his pocket which I recovered at the last minute (putting aside shame). I hope in future we can avail the service from one plus.

6. himanshuprakash2009
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2020

himanshuprakash2009 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hey Sahil, did you ask the installation guy about the official OnePlus TV mount?

7. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Yes I asked him before he bought it and also called Amazon beforehand for the same. Both said they will provide me with an official one plus wall mount but they did not. I don't know who to blame One plus or Amazon. As a customer I provided the installation guy with every information.

8. surajpai524
    Eclair Aug 8, 2020

surajpai524 , Aug 8, 2020 :
    I got the wall mount for free. Few days before delivery of TV, I had contacted installation service through the app and asked them about wall mount and requested them to exchange the stand with wall mount and the charges of wall mount be reduced. They replied that I would get the wall mount free of cost. But the serviceman who came to my home didn't know this and asked to pay the money. After seeing my conversation with company, and waiting half an hour on verification, I was given the wall mount free of cost.

9. himanshuprakash2009
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2020

himanshuprakash2009 , Aug 8, 2020 :
    So, here is my experience.
    After this mail, no one contacted me initially and told me that they tried to contact but I did not respond. So, I sent another mail asking them about the time when they called me. The next day, the installation team contacted me and asked me how much money I have paid for the stand. I told them the amount and then the guy said he'll return the amount immediately.
    I asked him why did he took the money in the first place to which he said there was some confusion and they are charging Rs. 500 for TV installation only in case of other TV brands. In the case of OnePlus, they are doing it for free with the OnePlus provided TV wall mount.
    I hope this clears the doubt of some of the people here. It would be really great if OnePlus starts mentioning the wall mount charges on the product page

Thanks to OnePlus team as well who intervened in this and contacted Amazon on my behalf and helped me in getting this resolved :)

Venky61 likes this.
  10. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 8, 2020

Venky61 , Aug 8, 2020 :
    Thanks for sharing the info here... Would be useful for other buyers. Not sure why the team is not giving any clear information regarding this.

himanshuprakash2009 likes this.
  11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 9, 2020

Venky61 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    This is what's mentioned on the OnePlus Site now regarding the Wall Mount for the TV purchased from their site at least.
    upload_2020-8-9_19-7-11.png
    Looks like, they are going to charge the wall mount from now.

12. Alvinantoz
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

Alvinantoz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :

Venky61

This is what's mentioned on the OnePlus Site now regarding the Wall Mount for the TV purchased from their site at least.
    View attachment 1394420
    Looks like, they are going to charge the wall mount from now.​

My TV got delivered on 20th July and yet to be wallmounted. Due to the pandamic situation instalation guy is not able to make it so I needed to postpond the date. The next date is tomorrow and I don't know which wall mount they will bring, they not contacted me yet. If the installation guy brings a wall mount other than original OnePlus wallmount do I need accept it? Or request him to bring the original one?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

Abeedh Vince K likes this.
  13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 10, 2020

Venky61 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Insist them to get the OnePlus wall mount.

Alvinantoz likes this.
  14. Alvinantoz
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

15. Alvinantoz
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

Alvinantoz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    I contacted the installation guy and he told me if the OnePlus wallmount is not inside the TV box then they are not able to provide me with the original one because OnePlus not providing them the wallmount. I searched everywhere were to buy the original wallmount and I couldn't find any. I think if OnePlus is not providing the wallmount along with tv then they must give an option for customers to purchase it

16. himanshuprakash2009
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2020

himanshuprakash2009 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    They can bundle it along with the TV package separately so that it can be delivered at the time of delivery. I am not really sure if the installation agent will be ready to provide the wall mount for Rs. 199. They generally charge more than Rs. 300 and try to take advantage of the situation because you won't go and get the mount immediately at the time of installation. Moreover, many of the installation agents will not be knowing that there is a specific wall mount made by OnePlus for OnePlus TVs unless they are properly trained and informed in advance.

17. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Check the one plus site. They have stated prices for wall mounts
    32/43 - Rs 199
    55 - Rs 399
    135 degree rotation - Rs 999

I suggest that the tv installation should be done from one plus. Schedule service from One plus care app. Hope this ends the discussion for the wall mount.

18. himanshuprakash2009
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2020

himanshuprakash2009 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Well, this is not going to end the discussion at all. For many of the people buying the OnePlus TV, they will not be aware of the OnePlus care app and Amazon is giving an option to choose the option to get the free installation. So, I don't think people are going to download the OnePlus care app on their own and request the service because they are not aware of the app.
    Although giving clarity on the wall mount is actually a good idea.

Venky61 likes this.
  19. H1576904945335
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2020

H1576904945335 , Aug 18, 2020 :
    I have ordered the OnePlus u series tv 55 inch , and avail the wall mount service for free by Amazon. The service provider brought the OnePlus wall mount with him , which was totally free of cost. He also gave me a option of a third-party wall mount which was of rs500. But I went with the OnePlus wall mount because it reduces the gap between the wall and the tv.
    1597745787808.jpg

1597745787984.jpg

20. Alvinantoz
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2020

Alvinantoz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 18, 2020 :
    That's great I think Amazon service is different with different locations they are not treating the customers equally. I've got my TV delivered on 20th July and still no one from Amazon came for the TV instalation. When I contacted the Amazon home services they told me they are unable to provide me with the OnePlus wallmount. By the way the wallpaper on the TV image you shared is captured by me [e]1f60a[/e][e]1f60a[/e]