OnePlus TV brings best-in-class possible picture quality to life

1. saud_alzarouni
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2019

2. Kirans499
    Froyo Sep 5, 2019

3. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 5, 2019

youbi , Sep 5, 2019 :
    Thanks for the insight about what's coming.

That's bold statement, so can't wait to see it with my eyes to see if you live up to your promises. :p :D

The genesis of this forum was being a tech forum full of techy people. But truth be told that later things have really changed and with OnePlus broader recognition now you have lots of users that are far from being tech experts. :sweatsmile: But for the techy ones that are still around, this are the sort of threads and posts we love seeing and talk about them. :D So keep them coming. ;)

Yeah, I'm sure you were just looking for Todd W. and not for what he has been working on... :p ;)

You probably missed the door that said:

"Todd Secret project
    Do not enter
    Magic in the making"
    And then inside @Todd W. was like this. :D :p

[​IMG]

Todd W. and camohan like this.
  4. manojgupta1992
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2019

manojgupta1992 , Sep 5, 2019 :
    I am pretty sure you're good there with your choice, buddy. LG & Sony rule in terms of LED display quality in TVs & that's the primary objective of owning a TV.

Predict23 likes this.
  5. manojgupta1992
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2019

Wise choice there mate. Don't get fooled by the enthusiasm of OnePlus fanboys.

OnePlus can not compete with the Samsungs/LGs/Sonys of TV world in terms of LED picture quality. It will only sell if they price it significantly cheaper than them like their smartphones.

UserOnePlus3T likes this.
  6. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Sep 5, 2019

youbi likes this.
  7. dubbaYous
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 5, 2019

dubbaYous , Sep 5, 2019 :
    manojgupta1992

Wise choice there mate. Don't get fooled by the enthusiasm of OnePlus fanboys.

OnePlus can not compete with the Samsungs/LGs/Sonys of TV world in terms of LED picture quality. It will only sell if they price it significantly cheaper than them like their smartphones.

Unless they are using qleds from one of these companies or have some very top people who know what it takes.
    I know there is a whole lot of fan boyism going on but I am willing to think onePlus has really thought this through. But I am also a little skeptical that it will be as easily accomplished as some say as well.

Point is I want to see in real life before I make claims of its best or its failed, I have seen enough tvs in the last month to be able to make a decision without all the hype. If it is better than the lg nano 9 in qled (as well as other factors and is available where I can see and buy) then I will joyfully be a new owner of a 1+tv, so we will see.

Right now it sounds like a winner but time will tell.

8. 02ferreiravilarl
    Eclair Sep 5, 2019

9. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 5, 2019

youbi , Sep 5, 2019 :
    We haven't seen anything yet, so its kind of early to jump into those conclusions. Isn't better to just wait for the actual product and then judge it? ;)

Same sort of thing was said about OnePlus when they entered the smartphone business, and 5 years later I think the results speak for themselves. So like I said above, better just wait and see if they live up to their promises.

And that is a thing that lately has been changing. Because when the price is similar and some people are still picking the op7 pro vs the S10 for example that can only mean that people are looking for something that the S10 wouldn't offer them.

As usual, the smart thing to do in the tech world is to always wait for the actual product and don't judge it in advance.

Predict23 and dubbaYous like this.
  10. prashanth ch04
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2019

11. prashanth ch04
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2019

prashanth ch04 , Sep 5, 2019 :
    don't expect OLED is awesome but this technology is not log lasting you may face screen burning in less than 2 yrs , the future of TV's is QLED and Micro LEDs

12. nileshkp3
    Eclair Sep 5, 2019

13. G_alon_peled_RIgf
    Froyo Sep 5, 2019

G_alon_peled_RIgf , Sep 5, 2019 :
    can not wait to get my hands on 1+TV. I would pay all money to get it shipped from India blindly because you can never go wrong with 1+

14. manojgupta1992
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2019

Sorry man, but OnePlus only takes the prize in terms of Software experience. In terms of other features that makes a phone premium (wireless tech, camera performance etc), even Display vibrance, brightness & color output OnePlus still hasn't been able to level with Samsung or other similar prices premium phones, even though they are using Samsung's LED panel in their display.

Agreed mate. "SOME PEOPLE" emphasis on "SOME".

If you look at the markets, OnePlus is only really dominating in India. Not because of the quality, but the prices. All other brands become more expensive in India due to customs & taxes.

Also their marketing game is on point. Kudos to the OP marketing team, in India, specifically.

Rest, except for the 90 hz 2k display & the software. OnePlus offers nothing that you cannot get in a 25k Rs. phone. whereas there are multiple premium features in the likes of S10, that you cannot get in under 30k phones.

Just making hiking the prices & calling it premium doesn't make it truly premium.

Anyway, it's been working in their favour so far.

Rest, it's just my opinion & observation.

Agreed! Let's see!!

UserOnePlus3T likes this.
  15. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2019

16. Harry_96
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2019

17. H1541110161004
    Donut Sep 5, 2019

18. Dukkied
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2019

Dukkied , Sep 5, 2019 :
    Isn't it a virtual TV:fearscream::sunglasses:

Starcommander likes this.
  19. danevans17
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 5, 2019

danevans17 , Sep 5, 2019 :
    As long as screen uniformity issues are resolved then I can see it doing well.
    I tried the Samsung Q7F and it had a horrible grey column down the center when watching dark scenes, as well a dirty screen effect when viewing certain colours.

Not sure how the newer Samsung's hold up but as far as I'm concearned, QLED needs work.

20. S.Gowtham visvanath
    Froyo Sep 5, 2019

darkkain likes this.