OnePlus TV brings best-in-class possible picture quality to life

1. Dhanush akshay
    Froyo Sep 8, 2019

dubbaYous likes this.
  2. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I think it'll be using Full Array Local Dimming rather than Edge lit dimming because it's a premium TV as they're competing with Sony, LG etc. and it's a Dolby Vision supported TV.. So, you need to have higher contrast ratio in order to support Dolby Vision and to get this you'll need Local Dimming and Full Array does the best and it's the best you can get with LCD/LED panel!!

dubbaYous likes this.
  3. Bankerman1789
    Donut Sep 9, 2019

4. G_Vinay_Dixit_tgHk
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

5. K1568009284304
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

6. Horsfall
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

7. JoshCruz
    Donut Sep 9, 2019

JoshCruz , Sep 9, 2019 :
    About time that a company with digital origins redesign the great old TV!

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 9, 2019

elanglois , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Well, I would very much like to know more. In a QLED system, you are limited in your contrast ratio by bleed-through of the backlight. This is what defines an OLED - perfect blacks with no halos.

Your image processor must not only compensate the HDR information scene by scene, but also has to manage the backlights - turn up the pixels and turn down the backlights for darker areas to minimize light bleed. You have yet to mention how many LED backlight "zones" are in the Oneplus TV. The more zones, the more local the lighting can be and the less chance of lightbleed.

TCL is a really big value-brand TV right now and I honestly don't think you've got the name recognition to compete with the $2000 TV sets yet. You need to compete with things like the Vizio M-series Quantum and the TCL QLED sets. TCL has basically designed a blue microLED array for the backlight. This means a massive number of backlights with effectively (in theory) the zero light bleed of an OLED, but with all the bright color of QLED.

You also have not mentioned Max brightness. Vizio's Q series are up to 2000 nits!

Pr!tam likes this.
  9. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 9, 2019

1568023718894.jpg
    Did you know that PowerAmp can Chromecast? And if you have a Google Smart Homevor Mini, you can switch tracks by voice!

10. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 9, 2019

OnePlus does stupid stuff, but Edge Lit?? Does anyone make edge-lit screens anymore??? That would be horrible. Oneplus wouldn't do that.

They might do 16 Zones rather than 192! I'm hoping for least 64 on the smaller screens. Hopefully over 200 at 65 and up.

11. saineeraj01
    Donut Sep 9, 2019

saineeraj01 , Sep 9, 2019 :
    your sales Will be reduced to half. it's better have something like Samsung earbuds,apple airpods...etc
    then the OnePlus sales Will be hiked up.

12. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 9, 2019

half of what?

Something like Samsung earbuds? You mean Wireless Bullets? You are late to the party dude. What does any of this have to do with the TV?

13. saineeraj01
    Donut Sep 9, 2019

already we have lot of companies which deal with TV's
    but many people do expect OnePlus to.make wireless buds rather than a TV.
    If you see the sales statistics the wireless bullets is waste of money but for a price of 10k if OnePlus releases something like wireless earbuds than its sale will be hiked up.

14. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Sep 9, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma , Sep 9, 2019 :
    I don't think so and who is going to buy wireless buds for 10K which is 1/3 of a price of OnePlus phone!! It's going to be a hard for them to sell if they'll ever release it for that price!!

OnePlus is known for premium products in affordable price and that's what they're doing here.. Sony, LG, Samsung etc. QLED TVs generally costs above a Lakh so if they can make it cheaper, it'll be good for consumers..And there are more buyers of TV than Wireless Buds!!

15. F_Shreya_Soni_wvfJ
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

F_Shreya_Soni_wvfJ , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Really dishearten after knowing that oneplus is not launching 65 inch TV in India. As I have to buy a TV not less than 65 inches as per my hall size. So moving to LG or Samsung.

16. saineeraj01
    Donut Sep 9, 2019

let's see

17. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Sep 9, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma , Sep 9, 2019 :
    We don't know that if they'll launch 65" variant or not. Wait for the launch and see what they bring!!

dubbaYous likes this.
  18. devesh darji
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

19. Mohan.Sai.Teki
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

20. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Sep 9, 2019