OnePlus TV: Imagination and Intelligence

1. Pete
    CEO Staff Member Aug 20, 2019

Pete , Aug 20, 2019 :
    TV_NextMonth_Forum.png

Hi everyone,

At this point, I am sure you are already aware of our upcoming TV project – OnePlus TV.

And now, I have a very exciting announcement to share with you – the OnePlus TV is set to launch in September, and it will be available in India first.

Over the past 6 years, we have achieved great success in India in large part because of our passionate and supportive community. Even after all these years, we’re excited to explore exciting new opportunities hand-in-hand with you. The OnePlus TV is such an important product for all of us, and we can’t wait to see it in living rooms all over India.

We all know, “content is king,” which remains one of the major reasons for television's continued relevance in our lives. Yet, the content ecosystem is quite different from one country to another. We have always had a very positive relationship with content providers in India, who have always been willing to partner with us, which guarantees great content for our users.

We are also working hard to launch OnePlus TV in North America, Europe and China regions as soon as we establish partnerships with most of local and regional content providers.

Launching a TV product is not easy, especially if we had to start this project from scratch. Over the past two years, we have been working relentlessly to make our dreams and vision come true, so the fact that we are finally able to share this product with you all is incredibly meaningful to all of us here. We want to be sure of every step we take, which is why we wanted to focus on one market at a time. Without being 100% focused, we would not be able to create continued success.

I still remember the initial reason behind the launch of OnePlus about 6 years ago – we wanted to focus on building the best smartphone possible in order to deliver the best possible user experience. Admittedly, we knew there was strong competition back then and heard voices and opinions questioning our decision. However, we were still able to finally create something different and unique that changed the industry.

Thanks to the hard work and “Never Settle” spirit of our team and community, we have built an excellent foundation on which to build the OnePlus TV experience.

Six years later, we are once again determined to do something different and unique in an industry that has grown stagnant. We still believe there’s room for a product that can deliver a more holistic and satisfying user experience.

Of course, we know that to deliver the best possible experience we need to provide our users with a truly premium product. In keeping with that belief, you can rest assured that the OnePlus TV will live up to your expectations of what is, without reservations, a new premium flagship.

I am confident that there are many things that you can expect from the OnePlus TV. Image and sound quality are fundamental features that we must get right. Alongside these key essentials, I believe the TV’s remarkable design and smart interconnectivity make this product even more exciting.

Our goal is for OnePlus to set the standard for future smart TV products, because we focus on every last detail. To me, designing a TV is about more than creating a high-quality display. A TV takes up a prominent spot in a household, meaning its design has to be worth viewing even when the TV is turned off.

As I mentioned in my previous post, technology has quickly evolved. Just as we thought smartphones would forever change people’s lifestyle and habits, whether it be the way we stream videos and play games on-the-go, we stepped into the era of IoT.

This shift may greatly impact the way we think about the future of our smart homes. I’m a firm believer that TV will not only become the center of our smart home, but also the center of our daily smart social hub.

With the implementation and increasing maturity of other advanced technology such as 5G, AI, VR and AR, I’m excited about what our lives will look like in the future. The OnePlus TV is an important step towards OnePlus being involved in the world of IoT and interconnectivity. It's also proof of our commitment in continuing our exploration of how we can improve the world around us by designing a connected human experience.

Once again, I hope you are as excited about the arrival of the OnePlus TV as I am. I am certain that it’s worthy of your anticipation.

Never Settle
    Pete

2. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 20, 2019

3. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Aug 20, 2019

4. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 20, 2019

camohan , Aug 20, 2019 :
    This is really a fabulous news.

My rooms wall is kept empty to install the OnePlus TV. Hope OnePlus hits the right chord here and gain an upper hand in TV segment, just like it did in mobile industry.

I am looking forward for the Smart Idiot box.

5. Moin2200
    KitKat Aug 20, 2019

6. jerry2liao
    Eclair Aug 20, 2019

7. A1558538319133
    Donut Aug 20, 2019

A1558538319133 , Aug 20, 2019 :
    WOOOOOOOOOOOW [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]
    THIS IS JUUUSSSTTTT AMMMMMMAZING [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]

8. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Aug 20, 2019

9. camohan

camohan , Aug 20, 2019 :
    TV is quiet a different market in India, there is very heavy price cuts and competitions when a buyer goes to buy. It will be interesting to see how OnePlus keeps its foot in the TV market.

10. YRJ
    Marshmallow Aug 20, 2019

YRJ , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Waiting to see, what greatness OnePlus will achieve with the OnePlus TV.
    All the best.

11. rarog
    Lollipop Senior Moderator Aug 20, 2019

rarog , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Though in India market only there will be the smaller size TV. Perhaps this will be more subsidised and bundled with contracts and option to get a bigger version.

Shivang Joshi, script and otto2 like this.
  12. Arvind9118
    Froyo Aug 20, 2019

13. Rockfort sivachandran
    Froyo Aug 20, 2019

14. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 20, 2019

youbi , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Glad to see this project finally coming to life. :) The Tv market is a tough one and its hard to succeed and make a profit out of it. But truth be told the same could be said from the smartphone market 6 years ago, and since them lots of great brands have either bankrupt or almost disappeared and OnePlus keeps growing at a steady pace. :p

I get that you want to take solid steps on this project, and that for that to happen its always better to start in less markets at once. So I hope to see the product evolved and get matured enough so it can then reach the rest of the markets where OnePlus is already present. :)

Meanwhile I have my popcorn's ready for the wait. :D

[​IMG]

15. camohan

camohan , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Probably no. There is a huge demand for 43 inches plus TV in India, so I don't think it will be a smaller TV by any means. There is no such thing as contract or bundled thing in India too. All this makes it more interesting, to see how it's gonna survive.

16. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 20, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Aug 20, 2019 :

Pete

to deliver the best possible user experience​

Is that why there's a 6GB RAM version of the Pro model and a box without a headphone adapter, a small device which you can order for 8 bucks and pay 7 bucks in shipping cost?

Edit: Not 7 bucks in shipping, 20€ is the actual, pre-selected method. That's almost 3x the price of the product.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019

17. Demon_hunter
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2019

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019

Mrinal Kanti Das likes this.
  18. Darshan jadav
    Donut Aug 20, 2019

Darshan jadav , Aug 20, 2019 :
    it's all about price than features for indian market if it will around price of mi and provide something extra than it will Rock..... eagerly waiting for it.....

P1566630383367 and jstiggie like this.
  19. YRJ
    Marshmallow Aug 20, 2019

YRJ , Aug 20, 2019 :
    People go all out when buying TV's. Less people prefer smaller sized TV. The market is huge and there is a lot of potential.

But TV is something that people don't change quite often. People can stick to one TV for more than 5 years, easily.
    This is a risky bet but you never know what happens unless you take a chance.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  20. repsakasper
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2019