OnePlus TV OTA4 will be updated at the beginning of June

1. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member May 23, 2020

Catherine W. , May 23, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

We’re back again with information on the next TV OTA update. To start off, we want to thank you for cooperating with us thus far. We experienced some bugs with the release of OnePlus TV OTA 3 and we apologise for the inconvenience caused to all OnePlus TV users. We appreciate and value your patience on the whole matter.

After receiving feedback from the community, we started our work on fixing these bugs. Each point of feedback greatly gives us a look into the issues at hand and helps us work towards creating the best OnePlus TV experience.We’re happy to inform you that OnePlus TV OTA 4 will go live at the beginning of June onwards. Here’s what you can expect.

Change log:
    • Match the setting value of Color Space, Brightness and MEMC with actual display effect more accurately.
    • Enhanced Ultra Smooth effect to make it more obvious in display.
    • Corrected the version rollback issues of certain downloaded apps after OTA upgrade.
    • Improved the experience around Netflix server connectivity.
    • Fixed the MX Player installation error.
    • Added support for third party AirPlay service apps.

Note: OTA will be incremental, which will reach a small percentage of users at the first day, and followed with a broader rollout in a few days.

If you guys can't wait to update your TV software version, please send out your Serial Number to me(How to get Serial Number: enter Settings< More Settings< About< Status< Serial Number),and we can send out an early version of OTA(under testing) to your TV.

A big thank you to all of you who provide suggestions on product and user experience optimization. We're grateful that you chose OnePlus TV.

Never Settle.

Last edited: May 29, 2020

2. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member May 31, 2020

Stickied Post
    Catherine W. , May 31, 2020 :
    Hi guys,

Finally, we are bringing the new OTA software system to you, thank you for your long term waiting and understanding.

Note: OTA will be incremental, which will reach a small percentage of users, and followed with a broader rollout in a few days.

Stay Home Stay Healthy.

Never Settle.

Last edited: May 31, 2020

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  4. sharadksingh
    Honeycomb May 23, 2020

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 23, 2020

Venky61 , May 23, 2020 :
    Hey guys,
    This is almost same as the Hotfix that you guys received recently. The next update (OTA5) may have further improvements.

6. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

suveerupadhyay , May 24, 2020 :
    Dear Catherine, is this exactly same update which was pushed to selected users few days back after connecting individually with TV serial # or is it generic update which will be having some additional fixes / features and will be available even people who got recently ?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  7. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 24, 2020

Venky61 , May 24, 2020 :
    Hey...
    It is the same as I mentioned in the above post.

8. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member May 25, 2020

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  10. Sasi4395
    Gingerbread May 26, 2020

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  11. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 26, 2020

suveerupadhyay , May 26, 2020 :
    Yes....I checked using my iPhone 8 Plus and able to cast on OP TV. Checked for Youtube, Prime and Hoststar.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  13. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 26, 2020

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  15. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 26, 2020

Venky61 , May 26, 2020 :
    What you received is technically OTA4... All the listed features here are available in that.

Ravi BINAVAT and rajshah2412 like this.

17. sanjay0sathyan
    Froyo May 26, 2020

18. anku1408
    Cupcake May 26, 2020

19. sanjay0sathyan
    Froyo May 26, 2020

sanjay0sathyan , via OnePlus 5T , May 26, 2020 :
    Most likely the picture settings issues should be solved as update says correction of color space .. that should solves green tint isssue that some people were facing on ota3 update .. but can't be sure as i haven't reviewed yet . or did you mean issue of picture settings getting to standard mode every time ?

20. sanjay0sathyan
    Froyo May 26, 2020

sanjay0sathyan , via OnePlus 5T , May 26, 2020 :
    i am not talking about the ota 4 for general update , have given the serial number four days back .... pardon jf you didn't get it from my previous post