OnePlus TV OTA4 will be updated at the beginning of June

1. sanjay0sathyan
    Froyo May 29, 2020

sanjay0sathyan , via OnePlus 5T , May 29, 2020 :
    there is no technology as of now that a tv can automatically reduce brightness and color for personal basis yet .. power saving feature i think you are connecting it with the laptop feature i guess . just reduce the backlight as you like and color too .. maybe backlight to 30-40 and color to 40 or switch the profile to film mode and reduce the backlight ..
    and about sound i dont understand the question as i dont have that issue ... check your tv speakers if it blocked by anything down to it ..

2. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member May 29, 2020

Catherine W. , May 29, 2020 :
    Did you face this issue before update?

Last edited: May 29, 2020

rajshah2412 and sharadksingh like this.
  3. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020

4. sharadksingh
    Honeycomb May 29, 2020

5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 29, 2020

Venky61 , May 29, 2020 :
    I think you are mistaken with the first point in the Changelog of OTA4 as a picture correction. It isn't. With OTA3 few users had issue of unusual brightness, color space switching or ultra motion not turning off after restarts. So that bug has been resolved in this update. And it's same that's sent to users in advance upon request.
    I hope this clears your confusion.

There is none. You have to do it manually by either changing backlight or switching between picture modes that has low backlight and suits your taste.
    Regarding the bgm loud with vocals low, it's only faced in few titles of selected OTT apps that are so downmixed by the source. Basically a HDR audio source downmixed to stereo output by the OTT app produces such sound. OTT apps have to either improve that or let the downmixing left to the TV. So the option to get the right audio is to upgrade to multichannel speaker or tune audio equalizer to improve the mids.

rajshah2412 likes this.
  6. DANish1214
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  7. CharanD1
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

8. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 30, 2020

Venky61 , May 30, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Great to know that you got the update. Hope the issues you were facing are resolved. Do share your experience :)

PS: Kindly do not create new posts unless required. You can always post in the existing relevant thread by doing a quick search :)

rajshah2412 likes this.
  9. sabhisheks15
    Eclair May 31, 2020

10. iamviks
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

iamviks , May 31, 2020 :
    Where is the apple airplay support??
    I got the update but the apple airplay support wasn't mentioned in it and neither I found anything post installing the update

11. iamviks
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

iamviks , May 31, 2020 :
    Could you please ellaborate the process, because post update I can't find anything new regarding airplay on my TV

12. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member May 31, 2020

Stickied Post
    Catherine W. , May 31, 2020 :
    Hi guys,

Finally, we are bringing the new OTA software system to you, thank you for your long term waiting and understanding.

Note: OTA will be incremental, which will reach a small percentage of users, and followed with a broader rollout in a few days.

Stay Home Stay Healthy.

Never Settle.

Last edited: May 31, 2020

13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 31, 2020

Venky61 , May 31, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Did you try casting video through an Iphone from Youtube or any other App?

rajshah2412 likes this.
  14. josevm
    Eclair May 31, 2020

josevm , May 31, 2020 :
    None of these issues, which have been reported long back, are solved till now.
    4K and even 2K video playback from HDD with builtin video player is still very problematic.
    Not able to fast forward at all. For 4K files, even with audio track change the screen buffers.
    No support for .m2ts files.
    The problem of DV video (from HDD) flickering remains the same.

15. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Jun 1, 2020

Catherine W. , Jun 1, 2020 :
    --For 4K files, even with audio track change the screen buffers.
    Do you play the .mkv files? this issue has been resolved and the fix will be available in OTA5.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020

rajshah2412 likes this.
  16. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Jun 2, 2020

Catherine W. , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Can you capture a video and provide the video name we will check.

rajshah2412 likes this.
  17. N1579882064690 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 2, 2020 :
    hello Catherine i can't hear the sound when people are talking on prime video and Netflix background sound becomes too loud and in future update can u add game mode and hdr logo when it detects hdr playback

18. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Jun 3, 2020

Catherine W. , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Do you get update?Please provide the video name and app name, We have to check whether it is the problem of the specific source or the TV

rajshah2412 likes this.
  19. Nandesh Mohan
    Froyo Jun 3, 2020

Nandesh Mohan , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Hi, I want to know that this ota 4 which is released now, is it same that we had received earlier last month as hot fix? Becouse I have received the previous hot fix upgrade but not the recent one. And the change log of hot fix, I didn't noticed about air play support. So whether with the hot fix I get air play support? Kindly clear me with this doubts.

G_Sam_Tony_JqcJ likes this.
  20. N1579882064690 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 3, 2020 :
    it is from most playable videos on amazon prime and Netflix some people have mentioned it on top as well and is there a chance of getting a dedicated game mode like nvidia g sync on one plus tv on further tv would love if one plus adds a dedicated game mode