OnePlus TV Q Series Less Known Features

1. Moka69
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Moka69 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    It's been over a year since we started using OnePlus Q Series and there are few features in the TV that many may not be aware of. OnePlus has put some easter eggs in the hardware design and never spoke about any of them in particular.

1. Touch to Turn On/Off

[​IMG]

To start with, let me list out all the ways we usually use to turn off the TV. It is either by Remote, Connect app or just turning the electrical switch. Some lazy smart arses also use Alexa to turn it off which we received along with the TV (Lucky ones who bought in the first day sale).

But, what if I tell you you turn it off or even on by touching the bottom left portion of the screen? Sounds cool, right? Yeah, the portion where power light comes from also has touch sensors which has ability to turn on or off the television. I found it recently and I am using it every time since then.

2. A Type-C Port

[​IMG]

Many may be aware of this one, but let me also add few extra benefits of it. There is hidden spring button on the central top portion of the TV. Once you press it, it pops up and allows you access to the only USB Type-C Port of the TV. It is actually made for the Far-field technology that allows you to voice control the TV from anywhere in the room, but was never implemented for whatever reasons maybe.

Now, there are few ways you can make use of the port. Easy and most useful one is for Video Calling on Duo. With the camera at the right height and distance, it will be easy to talk with your loved ones on large screen. You can also use the port for inserting pen drive with ease. We all know it's more difficult to insert USB on back of Q Series than anything else you've tried inserting till now. It can also be used for USB Adapter for Wireless gamepads. (Check out some cool games here) That's it for now and this thread keeps updating whenever someone finds a new feature.

3. Changing Background Gradient (by @Yash Pratap Singh.)
    There is a trick to change the background gradient of the OnePlus TV home screen. Few exploring minds may already know about this, but like me, I guess there would be many who are not aware of this feature.

To change the colour, all you have to do is go to any app's channel in the Home Page of the TV and then go to the card whose prominent gradient you like the most. For example, if I want Blue with a partial black gradient, I can go to Hotstar channel's Soul movie card and if I want red, I can similarly go to Iron Man's card in Hotstar's channel. Just stay on the card for 1 second and the background gradient will change to the prominent gradient from the card.

So simple, right? Find a movie with your favourite colour and mention in this thread so as to make job easy for other lazy busy arses.

4. Making the TV Dumb Mute (by @Yash Pratap Singh.)
    If not in first sight, at some point when your mom is shouting at you for loud noise or your sister pleading that she's on an office call, you might've noticed that the "mute" is missing from the remote. The team has really missed this part during development, considering it's a basic and handy option for a remote.

In the later software updates, they covered it to an extent by adding an alternative option. You need to hold both the volume buttons at a time (No, this won't boot the TV ;)) to mute it. However, considering the volume buttons are present on the side, it's a bit difficult to do it. But, if you're lucky enough to get the Netflix Remote (Check here), they've added a dedicated mute button there.

Thanks, Ninja @Venky61 Anna for the images.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 22, 2021

Venky61 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Good one @mokaeswar
    I think I know why they din speak of Type C though... "Far Field"

I like to term them as Smart Ones ;)

I think you meant USB Adapter for Wireless gamepads

Shared with you via pm, you can add them. Also looks like you used black as text color, it's not visible on the community app while using in dark mode. So better you reset the format or paste the text again.

3. Moka69

Moka69 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Didn't they teach you in college that Lazy and Smart are synonyms 😂

Yeah, now I changed to default colour. My bad. I liked black font in computer, but forgot Community app is in full dark mode.

McJader, Aarav Sahni and Venky61 like this.
  4. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 22, 2021

Venky61 and Aarav Sahni like this.
  5. Moka69

Moka69 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Says the guy who has 3 8Ts and God knows how many other accessories 😏
    We'll just wait till next #TheChoosenOnes and Let's see who can stop us then from grabbing the O Series TVs

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021

6. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2021

Starcommander and Aarav Sahni like this.
  7. Moka69

Moka69 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Yeah, I thought to add this too but initially it's not present. They really forgot to add mute.

8. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 23, 2021

Venky61 , Jan 23, 2021 :
    May be you can change the title to "Less known Features" and add the Mute shortcut too.

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  9. Moka69
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Moka69 , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Yeah, I'll do that

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jan 24, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jan 24, 2021 :
    Says the guy whose remote is defective and doesn't have this shortcut 😂

11. Moka69
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jan 24, 2021