OnePlus TV Q1 Broken Move to External Storage

1. ginzon
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2021

ginzon , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Hello All,

After the recent update, I reset my Q1 as I faced some noise and lag issue (May be due to old cache and recent update of Android WebView too, not sure).

I installed Real Racing 3 and downloaded all assets file, which summed up about 5GB I suppose.. I used the Move functionality(took 2 attempts and restarts), however even after moving the app and data which is now showing everything on External Storage my internal storage didn't free up.. Internal still showed 400-600MB remaining.. And have the annoying low space message.

Anyone who is facing similar issue?

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Nov 23, 2021

Venky61 , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Hi.. Go to Settings< Storage and see the breakup of storage occupied. Some times temp or junk files have to be removed.

3. ginzon
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2021

ginzon , Nov 23, 2021 :
    No bro, it's not temp or junk files.. I did reset the TV a night before and next morning installed Real Racing 3.. Before the move and after the move, only external storage space reduced by 5GB but internal remained the same.. I tried restarting, just in case, still the same..

4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Nov 23, 2021

Venky61 , Nov 23, 2021 :
    I meant check the storage used by each component here.
    It should give some clarity why it's happening and what's taking it.

Screenshot_20211123-181718.png

5. ginzon
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2021

ginzon , Nov 24, 2021 :
    Checked there bro.. No app shows higher storage and the game isn't in that list for internal storage..

I did a reset again, will check once more... I guess I had noticed this earlier too but was too lazy to report...

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Nov 24, 2021

Venky61 , Nov 24, 2021 :
    Oh ok .. do let me know after reset. I shall try too.

ginzon likes this.
  7. ginzon
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2021

ginzon , Nov 24, 2021 :
    Guess will have to wait Real Racing 3 isn't available now on PlayStore for TV.. May be lined for update...

9. ginzon
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021

ginzon , Nov 25, 2021 :
    Hey man, since Real Racing 3 is still not visible for me on PlayStore (not sure why).. I tried Asphalt 8 and Space Marshals 3..
    Asphalt 8 installed directly to external storage and in-game downloads too went to external as well..
    Space Marshals 3 too did the same..

I guess something must be wrong with Real Racing 3, can't confirm till I get hands on it.. However this Move to External surely works..
    Apologies for the trouble.. Thanks again.. Will post my observation for Real Racing 3 though, whenever possible..

10. ginzon
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2021

ginzon , Nov 27, 2021 :
    Hey bro.. I tried real racing 3 today..
    Seems Move to External Storage doesn't work for Data files for this game.. Apk moves, but the Data won't..

Do you have any idea why would that be so..

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Nov 28, 2021

Venky61 , Nov 28, 2021 :
    Hey... not sure what could be the reason. Can't expect a reply from the game developer too. Let me try with another device and check if the same thing happens.

ginzon likes this.
  12. ginzon
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2021

ginzon , Nov 28, 2021 :
    Ok bro.. Let know... I had sent an email for PlayStore queries.. Received an automated kind of response to check FAQ.. Since it's EA I think they only answer queries related to money 😂