OnePlus TV: Questions & Answers

1. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Sep 30, 2019

Todd W. , Sep 30, 2019 :
    TV FAQs.png

Hi everyone,

We're excited to deliver our first TV products to the market, and would like to thank our community, for helping building them together with us. We've been closely following your posts and collected some frequently asked questions. Below, you'll find answers to some of the most common ones, and we'll keep updating in this thread if there are further updates.

Question: Does OnePlus TV support Netflix?
    Answer: We are working with Netflix and it will soon be available on the OnePlus TV. Stay tuned for the system update.

Question: Given that it has to effectively slide out and back in, what is the lifecycle of your sound bar hardware?
    Answer: Through our stringent quality testing standard, we have tested the sound bar mechanism, going up and down, for over 200,000 times - which means, even if you turn on and off the TV 10 times a day, the sound bar will work for over 50 years.

Question: How to power on and off the TV?
    Answer: While TV is off, you can power on the TV by SHORT pressing the OnePlus button on the remote. While TV is on, you can power off the TV by LONG pressing the OnePlus button on the remote, until the power-off screen pop-up and choose the power-off mode as you like.

Question: How to mute the TV?
    Answer: You can use the volume buttons to increase and decrease the volume of the TV. LONG press Volume Down button until TV become mute. If you are using the OnePlus Connect App and if your current phone is connected, the TV will automatically decrease volume when you get a phone call.

Question: Where could I find the OnePlus Connect App?
    Answer: You can visit Google Play on your Android phone and search "OnePlus Connect", then install it. Or you can visit here.

Question: In some of the input box's why does the type sync function of OnePlus Connect App not work?
    Answer: The Type sync functionality may not work with certain third party apps due to their configuration. We are working hard with our content partners to support Type Sync across apps.

Question: How to watch satellite television channels on OnePlus TV?
    Answer: Navigate to the Inputs icon at the top-right corner of home screen, press OK button and choose the HDMI port your set-top box is connected to.

Question: How to switch HDMI signal format for some 4K UHD input devices?
    Answer: In the Live TV App, press MENU button, find the HDMI Signal Format setting then set it to "Enhanced Format".

Question: Which file system format is supported for USB external storage?
    Answer: Right now, we support FAT/FAT32/NTFS (Read Only), will support exFat in the future.

Question: Does the TV support transferring files with a smartphone through a USB cable?
    Answer: Not yet supported.

Question: Why is there a notification saying "The speaker did not retract properly during the last shutdown. Please ensure there is no obstruction".
    Answer: If the TV was powered off by disconnecting the power cable, the sound bar will not retract properly in the Q1 Pro. This message will appear the next time the TV is powered back on.

Question: Why is the equalizer setting gray, in which screen it can be set?
    Answer: Need to set the Sound Mode to "User" firstly (Settings->Sound->Sound Mode->User)

Question: Can the OnePlus TV connect with other smart devices?
    Answer: Our products are based on Google’s Android system and hence can support many devices in the Google Home ecosystem like Alexa, and your smartphone.

Question: How long does remote battery last? Why Type C?
    Answer: The OnePlus remote is a chargeable device that runs for approx 4 months (*4 months on standby mode, 1.5 months on normal use) once fully charged. When running low, the TV will remind you to charge your remote. The remote takes 80minutes (0-100%) to charge and can be used while in charging mode. Our remote comes with the same Type-C feature as OnePlus phones and the same OnePlus Type-C cable can be used to charge the remote.

Feel free to share more questions in the comment below. We will answer as we are able to!

Never Settle

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2019

2. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Sep 30, 2019

Stickied Post
    Todd W. , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Hi everyone, more members from TV team will join to the forum soon, and we will start General Support, How-tos and 3rd party development topics, @Steven X. will also join us on software related questions here. Welcome !!

sandi_developer, Venky61 and camohan like this.
  3. cozzmat
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2019

Binit_Acharya likes this.
  4. Z1565135259008
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

5. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2019

Venky61 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Nicely curated Q&A @Todd W. Will be useful to clear many doubts floating around.

My Question is...
    Does the speaker in the Q1 model stay behind the screen and fire the sound from backside?

6. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2019

Venky61 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    No.. Only two variants... Both 55 inch.

Todd W. likes this.
  7. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2019

Z1565135259008 likes this.
  8. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2019

Venky61 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Yes it does support Amazon Prime Video. In fact it has a dedicated button for Prime on the remote.

Todd W. likes this.
  9. himanshuprakash2009
    Froyo Sep 30, 2019

himanshuprakash2009 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Thanks for the consolidated QnA. I am facing one issue with the Android App. The TV connects with the OnePlus COnnect app and works fine for some time. After that, it gets disconnected and I have to close and open the app again to connect with TV.

10. manojnagendra
    Donut Sep 30, 2019

manojnagendra , Sep 30, 2019 :
    First of all, Congratulations on launching OnePlus TV in India! As much as I'm excited to try the OnePlus TV, I've doubts regarding the pricing of OnePlus TV in India.
    Why OnePlus is not providing the Table-top Stand (Base Dock) for FREE with OnePlus 55-inch Q1 model in spite of charging Rs. 69,899. The Stand itself costs Rs. 2990 and a consumer has to shell out to extra cash for a basic accessory? Why this move by OnePlus? It would be great if OnePlus can answer the question and also start shipping it for FREE with the TV.

11. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Sep 30, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Lock the app in recent menu.

12. himanshuprakash2009
    Froyo Sep 30, 2019

himanshuprakash2009 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Already Tried. Tried Restarting the App, TV and Reinstalling. Not Happening.

13. Sundar_Srithar
    Froyo Sep 30, 2019

14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Sep 30, 2019

Cheetosdust , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Behave Todd, this is a public forum!

15. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Sep 30, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Did you lock the app in recent?

16. Christian Schnedhuber
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

17. MaddyC
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2019

MaddyC , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Need a list of differences between the normal Q1 and the Q1 Pro, please.

Nikkhil likes this.
  18. O1569846458994
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

O1569846458994 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Hello Everyone, i have to know what is the Refresh Rate in the OnePlus TV and is there any different in the Refresh Rate between normal ONEPLUS TV and PRO version.

19. jamesant
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

20. jamesant
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2019

jamesant , Sep 30, 2019 :
    I have issue in connecting audio in tv if I connect digital audio cable to home theater I have to change a setting in they Audio option to digital audio then it work . tv audio stop working but my old tv it works both at a time

sudhakar.naani and 胡汉三叁 like this.
  21. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 30, 2019

Starcommander , Sep 30, 2019 :
    What is the warranty type

胡汉三叁 likes this.