Honeycomb Oct 11, 2019

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 11, 2019

sharadksingh likes this.
  3. sharadksingh
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2019

sharadksingh , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 11, 2019 :
    Few observations on q1 model.

1. picture settings if changed to other mode .it will changed to standard after restarting.
    2. 4K HDR contents not playing properly.( audio video lag and picture over exposure).
    3.external sound output what each mode signifying ?
    4.oxygen play not detecting movies/content from hotstar,prime. although i am already sign in.
    5.No Netflix availability till date.
    6. oxygen connect app keyboard not supported for many apps.

4. D1570805978201
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2019

5. RohitTheDevil likes this.
  6. Parvezahmed9081
    Eclair Oct 11, 2019

7. sbhmnaik
    Froyo Oct 11, 2019

sbhmnaik , Oct 11, 2019 :
    I think one plus should also work on providing some way to control Tata sky and other major DTH operators remote control integrated in the one plus remote like how MI was doing by providing a infrared USB device

8. veera.inbox
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2019

veera.inbox , Oct 11, 2019 :
    I recently bought Oneplus TV (pro).
    A while ago, on of a sudden, picture vanished and I can see only shuffling of color screens. :(. Suspecting display has gone.i Cannot perform anything from remote except turn off and on.

Any suggestions?

9. RohitTheDevil
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2019

RohitTheDevil , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 11, 2019 :
    Thanks Venky for sharing the images. Could you please tell us what is the picture settings you twiged with all option you have selected with some screenshot.

Secondly on remote battery percentage though you cannot check while charing but you can check the battery % remaining on TV in Remote Accesseand RC section.

Thanks again.

Venky61 likes this.
  10. RohitTheDevil
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2019

Yeah we are waiting for an OTA for OnePlus Q1 TV. Please send soon to fix these picture optimization issues.

F_Akarsh_Acharya_SlAE likes this.
  11. RohitTheDevil
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2019

I completely agree with all the questions and looking for some generous response.

12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 12, 2019

Venky61 , Oct 12, 2019 :
    The first 2 points have been improved in the update. Right now only Zee5, Hungama Play and Eros now have partnered up for the Oxygen play. Hopefully in future the other OTTs would join too.
    And yes they have said that they are working to include keyboard support for more Apps. At present it's hardly useful.

Mohammed_sherry and sharadksingh like this.
  13. Venky61

Venky61 , Oct 12, 2019 :
    You should immediately contact the Amazon Customer care for replacement.

I did not tweak anything. It's the quality after the new update. Q1 Pro users have got that. Q1 users will be getting it too anytime.

14. pcbishnoi
    Eclair Oct 12, 2019

pcbishnoi , Oct 12, 2019 :
    Thanks for update @Todd W.

15. Mohammed_sherry
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

16. Venky61

Venky61 , Oct 12, 2019 :
    @sharadksingh @RohitTheDevil @Subashdobby @sbhmnaik
    Hey guys. Can you please specify the following things, I am just trying to analyze the root cause of some issues.
    1. What is the Internet Speed you guys have.
    2. Are you using 5GHz or 2.4 GHz band?
    3. Does the stutter on youtube happen even with 4K Non-HDR videos?
    4. Do you keep the TV in sleep mode or Power Off mode?

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019

RohitTheDevil likes this.
  17. sharadksingh
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2019

sharadksingh , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 12, 2019 :
    mine tv is connected100 mbps internet speed with 5ghz .i am only facing issue in 4K HDR content of Amazon Prime App,YouTube 4K video playing fine.TV is in poweroff mode if not in use.

Venky61 likes this.
  18. Venky61

Venky61 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 12, 2019 :
    thanks for the info brother.

sharadksingh likes this.
  19. sbhmnaik
    Froyo Oct 12, 2019

sbhmnaik , Oct 12, 2019 :
    Hi @Venky61
    Q1 model :
    1. What is the Internet Speed you guys have.
    -->10Mbps
    2. Are you using 5GHz or 2.4 GHz band?
    -->2.4Ghz band and I tried using LAN
    3. Does the stutter on youtube happen even with 4K Non-HDR videos?
    -->Yes
    4. Do you keep the TV in sleep mode or Power Off mode?
    -->Power off , I tried clearing cache , restart to clear memory resetting TV

Additionally points for analysis:-
    Tried caching the YouTube video n playing it back still there was frame freeze..

I tried playing a 4k Dolby Audio supported file around 33GB in size via USB 3.0 using a HDD.
    Observations:- Default player could detect Dolby Atmos ... initially played very well with picture settings set to film. But after 16mins it got stuck at a frame and started stuttering.Restarted the TV , still there was stuttering observed. Also to note there is lot of time taken when we forward it to a scene and start playback which doesn't occur gracefully.Sometimes a pause operation also was not happening.
    Tried using MX player but it was not able to detect TRUEHD audio format.
    In VLC player also even though it was not using Dolby Atmos features there was stuttering observed
    Confirmed the file plaback using PC it was smooth.

All these signs show that the TV was not able to handle the 4k data
    To my surprise also a video of 1080 quality with Dolby audio started stuttering using the native player.
    Now not sure if all these issues are because of Android OS or the poor native player.
    Called one plus support for raising a ticket but alas they said they are not capable of doing such a thing and advised to take help from Amazon.
    Raised a technician visit from Amazon which is scheduled on 20 October, pretty slow service I feel is what we are going to get after paying so much.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019

Venky61 likes this.
  20. RohitTheDevil
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2019

RohitTheDevil , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 12, 2019 :
    Hi Venky,

Please see my responses inline mentioned below :-

1. What is the Internet Speed you guys have. - 100mbps ACT Plan

2. Are you using 5GHz or 2.4 GHz band? - I think it's 2.4GHz not 5GHz taken yet.

3. Does the stutter on youtube happen even with 4K Non-HDR videos? - Can watch 4K non-HDR videos on youtube without any much trouble but with exception that sometimes it gets too bright at some scenes.

4. Do you keep the TV in sleep mode or Power Off - I keep it in clean power off mode.

Thanks!

Venky61 likes this.