OnePlus TV: Questions & Answers

1. prasanthsiddarth
    Donut Nov 3, 2019

prasanthsiddarth , Nov 3, 2019 :
    @Venky61 When i was playing 4k local file from my HDD i observed that sometimes screen is getting brighter for few seconds and was coming normal. i have turned local dimming, ultra smooth motion to off. Is that expected or what settings i need to tweak in picture settings, give us complete picture settings so that it will be ideal for everyone.

Amazon prime video playback is choppy after the update, even 1080 p movies can see the lag for couple of seconds . Not sure if it's related to WiFi, if that's the case i can connect my LAN cable and try. Fyi: I have 150mbps act connection.

G_Sam_Tony_JqcJ and Venky61 like this.
  2. sbhmnaik
    Froyo Nov 3, 2019

sbhmnaik , Nov 3, 2019 :
    I have also observed the OS getting hanged ..also have tried resetting the TV.
    Also which show in Amazon prime?Can u be more specific?
    I have observed the frame drop in Grand tour in UHD
    I have observed the screen brightness getting changed while playing Avengers from HDD I thought it was because of HDR processing (probably going wrong)
    Amazon prime which video? I have not observed in 1080 p movies It can be related to wifi ...Can u check what connection speed do u get on YouTube-->play some video-->more-->stats for nerds... if it's lower then 25Mbps(25000Kbps) you can check using LAN.

Venky61 likes this.
  3. LokeshSG
    Eclair Nov 3, 2019

LokeshSG , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 3, 2019 :
    Okay, lets take Jack Rayan on Amazon Prime. I have noticed in many HDR content, this one for troubleshooting.

G_Sam_Tony_JqcJ and Venky61 like this.
  4. sbhmnaik
    Froyo Nov 3, 2019

sbhmnaik , Nov 3, 2019 :
    @Subashdobby
    Hey are you able to control your Tatasky box using one plus remote... confirmed that Tata sky box has CEC support but not sure from which box...
    Also are u getting the Dolby audio notification for hd channels ilby settings HDMI format to enhanced

Venky61 likes this.
  5. RohitTheDevil
    Froyo Nov 3, 2019

RohitTheDevil , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 3, 2019 :
    One issues which I faced before upgrade and thought it would have been fixed after upgrade, is still there and it's related to OnePlus Bullets Bluetooth Wireless Headset with TV when connected there no or minimal sound. After putting volume till 70 I can hear hardly something and on normal volume like at 20-30 could not hear a thing.

Tried changing audio output to Digital Auto and all that available but still unable to get proper audio on OnePlus wireless Bullets headset (Not the new one V2 of this year but i guess its V1 of last year).

Is anyone also facing the same issues or it's just me. Is there any fix for it or should I wait for any further software updates to fix this #OnePlus team?

Kindly thought some light on it as sometimes at late night it's really needed to watch movies on headset so no one would get disturbed in sleep. Hope it makes sense.

6. Tejas_14
    Eclair Nov 3, 2019

Tejas_14 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    Is the issue observed only on bullets or also on other BT headset?

RohitTheDevil likes this.
  7. RohitTheDevil
    Froyo Nov 3, 2019

RohitTheDevil , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 3, 2019 :
    I will cheked with another boat wiress Bluetooth headset and let you know here how it goes.

Tejas_14 likes this.
  8. sharadksingh
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2019

9. daksh2k
    Donut Nov 3, 2019

daksh2k , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    How to remove this shit from the screen when tv is in ambient mode. I have chosen google backdrop as my screen saver. The oneplus pictorial isn't that good. Google backdrop shows really good high quality images but I want to be able to remove that selected part.(See image)
    1572786297238.jpg

10. Subashdobby
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2019

Subashdobby , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 3, 2019 :
    this one was 4k HDR mkv hevc, our planet is same format too, not sure why this one ran without any lag.

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Nov 3, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    Absolutely.... 5.1 is actually great even if we go for affordable ones.

What's your internet speed? I have not experienced any frame drop on Amazon Prime till now...

Is it happening only with Inbuilt video player or any player? Also turn off adaptive contrast too and see if it still happens.

Also try with a Bluetooth Speaker also if possible... I faced similar situation where there was no sound at all. Finally had to reset the TV.

Unfortunately you can't... Chrome cast's behavior. You can only control what's shown on the right side.

Are you sure it's HDR?

RohitTheDevil likes this.
  12. LokeshSG
    Eclair Nov 3, 2019

I have true 100 Meg downs and up.

13. Venky61

Venky61 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    If you are sure that the same speeds are reaching the TV and the streaming quality is always UHD, can you see if turning off HDR in picture settings reduces the stutter?

14. LokeshSG
    Eclair Nov 3, 2019

Yes the same speed is reached on TV too infact 113Mbps is seen in TV. Again to mention, this doesn't only happen while video is playing. Even after stopped playing any video launching other apps or navigation or anything is lags and choppy. Once I reboot TV then things comes back to normal. Don't narrow down this issue as only for HDR and Amazon Prime. This happens all over the TV.

Okay something for you guys around here. I have check myself on the processor usage while this happens, no more than 1% of processor used, about 1 Gig of RAM is still free. But still this issue is there which means something to do with the code of the OS.

I can only report an issue, it's you guys OnePlus to reproduce and fix. Don't make me as your QA I don't get anything out of it, except putting my time in troubleshooting and making your product strong. If you still wanted to see this issue, send your engineer here to reproduce and collect logs.

15. Venky61

Venky61 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 3, 2019 :
    Hey man... I can understand your concern but this is a user forum and we all are users trying to help out each other...
    If you want your issue to be directly heard by the OnePlus team you can reach to feedback section of the Oneplus site. Cheers

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

16. LokeshSG
    Eclair Nov 3, 2019

I know the link to report to OnePlus also I know this is an user forum that's the reason my initial question was very specific, I am facing this issue and asked if anyone else too facing this issue, that will make me decide whether it's only me facing the issue and report to product. If you're just an user and don't have any intention you would not ask to troubleshoot, you would say yes if you face the issue or no if you're not.

People sometimes act too smart, I checked your profile in OnePlus forum buddy.

As per your statement this is user forum so let's all act in that way please.

17. Subashdobby
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2019

Subashdobby , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 3, 2019 :
    yep HDR 10 , 32 gb file.

Venky61 likes this.
  18. Subashdobby
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2019

Venky61 likes this.
  19. Subashdobby
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2019

20. Venky61

Venky61 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    My intention was just to find the root cause from accumulated results so that I can escalate it to the team as a member of beta testing group.... Anyway, looks like you are smart enough to find the right way...

Hey thanks man for the screenshot... From the info I got from the other users too, it's clear that the culprit is not the Buffer health alone and it's the 60fps videos that triggers this issue majorly. I have informed the team, let's hope they find a solution for the Youtube thing at least.