OnePlus TV: Questions & Answers

1. Mulk Raj Anand
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2019

2. smit.shah027
    Froyo Nov 30, 2019

smit.shah027 , Nov 30, 2019 :
    Yeah I think the guy readtoi much into the tweet. Don't think the netflix or any other update is coming anytime soon. Ugh man I wish we had a longer return windows in amazon. Now I'm stuck with a 70k tv without netflix, has bunch of software glitches, slow unresponsive, and can't even play 4k content from HDD.

3. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Dec 2, 2019

Catherine W. , Dec 2, 2019 :
    The team is working on it,thanks for your feedback.

4. Catherine W.

Sorry to keep you waiting...Netflix update will be coming before the end of the year....

RVGabru likes this.
  5. Catherine W.

Sorry for the pain that you suffered,we are working on these problems,thanks for your feedback.

6. Sophie Z.
    TV Software Product Manager Staff Member Dec 3, 2019

Stickied Post

7. pratikg88 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Dec 3, 2019 :
    thanks for the reply

8. james265
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2019

9. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2019

RVGabru , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Brilliant work by the OnePlus Dev and support teams!! thanks to wonderful supportive personnel. I have received the update with Netflix and corrections in picture quality as well. I'm very happy with the updates so far. will observe and share more feedback
    1575793341621.jpg

10. Rick Y.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Dec 9, 2019

11. bhupengaitonde , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 9, 2019 :
    hello all friends..

pls be careful with Oneplus.. they are selling refurbished TV's in India which get damaged soon and the customer service team will diagnose it as physical damage and ask for 40000 bucks. if you fight they will give you 20% discount on service charges.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL..

Thanks
    Bhupen Gaitonde

Vignesh_Gunasekaran likes this.
  12. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

RVGabru , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Sad to hear this. what made you conclude it's refurbished?? Reason I ask is, it's better to stay informed than be taken by surprise and experience deceit. this is the first I've ever heard of. was your TV screen fixed?

13. bhupengaitonde , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 9, 2019 :
    no my friend.

it's a long story. ultimately they don't want to replace the TV or the screen without a cost of 40000. even in warranty. they share the photos of me sent to them on request saying they diagnosed the tv and share my pics.

later they send Amazon technician to review and he also says it's physical damage. they are very stubborn. very bad experience with Oneplus technical team.

they are not even ashamed of the lies they spoke about the diagnosis done (not done actually) earlier and for the delay they are giving a small discount of service charges of 20%.

the tv is damaged on the right side below area where we usually never ever touch it for anything. even if it's on a movable bracket, that area is not touched.

please be aware from these fraudsters.

thanks

Vignesh_Gunasekaran likes this.
  14. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

RVGabru , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Very sorry to hear the experience and i can understand how you feel about this.
    what parts are they looking to replace?
    After paying what they charge did they say they will continue to give warranty? Are you sure it's OnePlus support or Amazon home services that giving the charges?

15. bhupengaitonde , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 9, 2019 :

RVGabru

Very sorry to hear the experience and i can understand how you feel about this.
    what parts are they looking to replace?
    After paying what they charge did they say they will continue to give warranty? Are you sure it's OnePlus support or Amazon home services that giving the charges?​

it's Oneplus. didn't expect anything regarding warranty as they are not considering it now also. and who wants warranty when it's of no use. it's the screen they tend to replace.

16. RVGabru
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

RVGabru , Dec 9, 2019 :
    hmmm, wonder why they are handling it so.

I'm not aware of any other options.

17. ginzon
    Froyo Dec 10, 2019

ginzon , Dec 10, 2019 :
    I'm a OnePlus TV user.. I tried Real Racing 3 and downloaded all the asset files, which obviously failed due to not enough storage space...
    Wondering is there a way to increase the storage space as we can do in our phone by formatting external cards as internal?

I do understand there is no microSD slot, can we use a USB 3 device on the USB 3 port provided to do the same..?

I bought a gamepad worth 3k... My bad that I didn't check the available storage earlier...